Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Let's Eat - International First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Let's Eat - International First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2012, 4:06 am

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by Kurt
UA65 LIS-EWR
757-200, N17133
10:25 a.m. (gate 145) – 1:25 p.m. (gate B60)
2E, 2F (Business Class)
Lunch, Snack

(Part II follows.)
Thanks for the report.
The food service on pmCO flight with pmCO route does look much superior than the old UA flights.^
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:48 pm

UA 862 HKG-SFO (ORD too)Business Class June 2012

June 2012
United Airlines Business Class
UA 862
Hong Kong to San Francisco (Chicago also shares this menu)

To Begin
Chilled Appetizer
Fresh Seasonal Greens
Cherry tomatoes and croutons with your choice of creamy yogurt chive dressing or herb balsamic vinaigrette

Main Course
Pan-seared Filet Mignon
Madeira wine glaze, pancetta potato pancake and green beans

Roasted breast of Turkey
Sage jus, mashed sweet potatoes and vegetable medley

Dill Salmon Gratinee
Coriander-tomato coulis, saffron rice, eggplant, zucchini and bell pepper

Stir-fried Prawns
Lemon ginger sauce, egg fried rice, Chinese broccoli and carrot flower

To Finish
International Cheese Selection
Grapes and crackers served with Noval Fine Ruby Port

Dessert
Ice cream with your choice of toppings

Mid-Flight Snack
Asian-style noodle soup
Dessert

Fruit and light snacks are available at any time following the meal service.
Please help yourself or ask a flight attendant for today’s selections.

Prior to Arrival
Asparagus and Mushroom Frittata
Roasted tomato ragout, sage and garlic potato wedges and chicken chipolata sausage

Congee
Traditional Chinese porridge with garnishes

Cereal and Banana Served with Milk

Breakfast breads with butter and fruit preserves
Featured Champagne and Wines
Champagne
Paul Dangin Brut NV, Champagne

White Wines
Burgans Albarino 2009, Rias Baixas, Spain
Or
Chateau St Jean Fume Blanc 2009/2010 Carneros

Chateau St Jean Chardonnay 2010 Carneros

Red Wines
Santa Duc – AOP Les Buissons Cairanne 2010, Cotes du Rhone Villages
Cosentino the Cab 2009, California

UA 06/12
HKG-ORD/SFO (LD81-R87-B87)
261C007-2

New updated United Business class service - lots of additional courses following Continental servie style. However, my uncle, who gave me the menu, did not notice any differences and realize that there was a new Asian noodle soup offering as midflight snack or the congee as a breakfast alternative.

Continental offers those midflight noodle soup and dessert in the middle of the flight at a scheduled time, instead of United, which tends to offer those items on demand.

Anyway good to know that United is making so much needed improvement after an underwhelming business class offering in the past decade.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 3:32 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold, HH Dia, Hertz #1 5*
DUB-EWR Tomorrow - What's For Lunch?

I hope the new UA website eventually provides what the old CO website provided - Menus. Anybody out there have a clue as to what the BF selections are for Lunch and the pre-arrival Snack? Thanks.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 5:27 am

Programs: UA-GS 3MM, AA-gold, Amtrak Select +, Bonvoy Titanium, Honors gold
Just flew this in BF or the currently named equivalent on Sunday 10 Jun...To Begin: chilled appetizer which was a smoked salmon and fruit plate, followed by a salad of tomato,pecans and croutons with either creamy yogurt dressing or balsamic vinaigrette...Main courses were a choice of Tenderloin of Beef with spaetzle/carrots/zucchini..or Thai-Style Fillet of Fish with Shrimp wit spicy chile-coconut sauce/potato straws/basmati rice and vegetable...or Porcini Mushroom-filled Tortellini...or Brunch entree which consisted of tomato and cheese omlette, apple crepe, breaded potatoes,pork fillet,chicken sausage,tomato and sugar snap peas.......Cheese selection and then ice cream with toppings...About 1 hour prior to arrival there was a tray consisting of a small bowl of mixed fruit,served with a 2 piece box of chocolate truffles (very good) and 1/2 of a chicken Tortilla Wrap

Last edited by drgreg; Jun 13, 2012 at 9:25 pm
Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
IAD-PEK in Business First. Menu marked June 2012 for IAD-PEK, LAX-PVG, and ORD/SFO-PEK/PVG.

To Begin
Chilled appetizer [two shrimp]
Fresh Seasonal Greens
- Tomatoes, Kalamata olives, bell peppers, baby mozzareall and croutons, with your choice of creamy garlic dressing or Balsamic vinaigrette

Main Course
Tenderloin of Beef
- Asiago broth, brown butter gnocchi, and green asparagus
Fillet of Halibut
- Sweet and sour sauce, mixed bell peppers, baby bok choy and steamed rice
Grilled fillet of Amazon Cod
- Plum jus sauce, plantains and green beans
Stif-fried noodles
- Vegetables with mushrooms and pot stickers

To finish
Dessert
- Ice cream with your choice of toppings

Odd service that I received . . . the ice cream cart rolled right on by me. Perhaps a miscommunication, because one FA looked at me and then looked away, as if somehow a quick glance was enough to determine I didn't want any ice cream. As if!

Then later "prior to arrival" they totally skipped serving me. No cart, just orders, but they never took one for me. Person in seat next to me took only a banana, and I thought he has simply asked for something special. Didn't realize they were done serving until it was too late. I'm really not sure how they missed me so often--I certainly didn't mouth "no thanks" on any of the meal services.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:23 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
ORD-NRT:
UA 881
Boeing 747
BusinessFirst

Menu marked as IAD/LAX/ORD/SEA/SFO-NRT, SFO-KIX

I found it really odd that the pre-arrival meal is now Breakfast, which doesn't make any sense given the flight arrives mid-afternoon. A few months ago it was Lunch, Lunch, it has now become Lunch, Breakfast.

To Begin:
Chilled Appetizer: Shrimp
Fresh Seasonal Greens

Main Course:

Tenderloin of Beef
Spice-Rubbed Breast of Chicken
Grilled Fillet of Amazon Cod
Washoko Zen Selection

To Finish
or
Ice Cream

Mid-Flight Snack
Usual assortment of snacks, Popchips, bananas, etc.
One addition was a Turkey sandwich with a Cranberry cream cheese, quite an odd taste

Prior to Arrival
Cheddar Cheese Omelet
or
Cereal and Banana

I appreciate the addition of the CO pretzel bread into BF, one of my favorite things about sCO catering. I had the steak, which was good and for airline gnocchi it wasn't too bad. For Breakfast I had the omelet which was pretty good although in retrospect I wish I had gone with the latter option, since it was heavy and seemed poorly matched with the flight timing. FA's were happy to make an extra bowl of white rice after meal service had concluded instead of the mid-flight sandwich. While I do appreciate the larger wine glasses that have been introduced into BF vs the old ones, the "new" glassware feels heavy, although I think that's a topic for another thread. FA service on the flight was quite good and were more than willing to chat in the galley during the flight which is always appreciated.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:37 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by mlx52
I appreciate the addition of the CO pretzel bread into BF, one of my favorite things about sCO catering.
God bless America! Glad to hear the pretzel bread is back. Hadn't seen it for some time even on pmCO flights.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, CX Dia, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by mlx52
[B]ORD-NRT:
While I do appreciate the larger wine glasses that have been introduced into BF vs the old ones, the "new" glassware feels heavy, although I think that's a topic for another thread.
I was on a recent BF flight and did not notice the wine glass to be any different. Is it the same as the PMCO wine glass they always used? To me these glasses are quite small and when the flight attendant fills it half way you wind up with a thimble full of wine.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by sjmoss23
I was on a recent BF flight and did not notice the wine glass to be any different. Is it the same as the PMCO wine glass they always used? To me these glasses are quite small and when the flight attendant fills it half way you wind up with a thimble full of wine.
They were similar to the wine glasses that are used to serve the house red/white in the United Clubs.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: CO Silver, TACA GOLD, HHonors Silver, A-Club Gold
Originally Posted by Kurt
UA65 LIS-EWR
757-200, N17133
10:25 a.m. (gate 145) – 1:25 p.m. (gate B60)
2E, 2F (Business Class)
Lunch, Snack

Boarding was pretty orderly; soon we were checking out the 16-seat BusinessFirst cabin. I’d been skeptical, but the seat, food and service were outstanding on this flight! That flight attendant pictured was a gem; friendly and hard-working.
(Part II follows.)
Do you remember by any chance if her name was Cornelia? She looks A LOT like a purser from PMCO that I had about 2-3 years ago on a BF CO GVA-EWR, easily the best flight attendant I've ever met. Still remember her name, thats gotta count for something
Old Jun 23, 2012, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA GS/Global Entry
Today UA 941 FRA-ORD in J. I had the chicken with mushroom sauce for the entree and it was absolutely delicious. Easily restaurant quality- was moist and had tons of flavor. If this is the direction the new UA service is going i'm excited! Great job UA!
Old Jun 23, 2012, 8:05 pm
formerly gohima

Originally Posted by DrivingRain
The upgrades to F to make it feel special are, in reality, simple...but expensive.

Applying the 80/20 rule; *great* wine and caviar would get UA the super-majority of the respect it would need to say it has legitimately upgraded its F product and both of those items require very little labor and 0.0 cooking/real food pre

Even if they have dialed back the F food to pretty much match J....with those two added extras, they'd be ok.

Instead it's looking like they have not done anything noteworthy in F and that our $$$ is much better spent elsewhere.
Give me decent champagne and PJs and I would be a happy camper in GF. Until then....the rest of *A awaits

But then again, UA must get a killer deal on champagne no one else wants...
Old Jun 24, 2012, 8:25 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
UA 976 IAD-DXB on 24 June

IAD-DXB:
UA 976
Boeing 777 (new config)
BusinessFirst

TO BEGIN:
Chilled Appetizer: Jumbo Shrimp (outstanding addition!)

Fresh Seasonal Greens
Tomatoes, Kalamata olives, bell p;eppers, baby mozzarella and croutons with your choice of creamy garlic dressing or balsamic vinaigrette

MAIN COURSE

Tenderloin of Beef
Asiago broth, brown butter gnocchi and green asparagus

Grilled Fillet of Amazon Cod
Plum jus sauce, plantains and green beans

Tri-color Ravioli
Cherry tomato sauce and herbed butternut squash with Parmesan cheese

Chicken Tikka Masala
Basmati rice, curried eggplant with potatoes, lentils with spinach, yogurt and pickled vegetables (Halal prepared entree)

TO FINISH

Grapes and crackers served with Noval Fine Ruby Port

Dessert
Ice cream with your choice of toppings

MID-FLIGHT SNACK

Assorted Sanwiches
Turkey with cranberry cream cheese
Spinach tortilla wrap with julienned vegetable salad

PRIOR TO ARRIVAL

Cheddar Cheese Omelet
Broccoli-potato gratin and turkey sausage

Cereal and Banana
Served with milk

FEATURED CHAMPAGNES AND WINES
  • Paul Dangin Brut, NV Champagne (true champagne and good tasting)
  • Burgans Albarino 2009, Rias Baixas, Spain
  • Chateau St. Jean Chardonnay 2010, Carneros
  • Santa Duc - AOP Les Bussons Cairanne 2010, Cotes du Rhone Villages
  • Cosentino The Cab 2009, Caliornia

Overall a HUGE improvement in catering service out of IAD. The chilled appetizer was truly jumbo shrimp and tasted delicious. Like a few previous posters they've gone to the PMCO way of catering the "Prior to Arrival" meal. It seems that even if flights arrive in the afternoon they are serving a breakfast meal which I'm not a huge fan. Would like for them to return to a lunch service if you arrive around that time of day.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Hilton Gold
ORD-YHZ No food? No first class?

Hi, I have an upcoming SFO-YHZ first class upgrade, which includes an ORD-YHZ segment (UA 3446) which shows upgrade to just "business class," and seems to have no food. Is this one of those "snack box" flights? Is the "business class" seating comfy enough that my back will hang in there? Thanks.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:21 pm

It is called business class when you are travelling outside the US. It is still the same domestic first class service offered on 2 class cabins. You will be eligible to go into to lounges at SFO and ORD because you are travelling outside the US in the premium cabin. If the ORD-YHZ flight is operated by United Express then you will get snack box.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.