Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Let's Eat - International First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Let's Eat - International First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
F
UA does not serve soup in C. Also there is a choice of 4 main courses, instead of 3, and a better wine selection.
Old May 3, 2012, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
UA does not serve soup in C. Also there is a choice of 4 main courses, instead of 3, and a better wine selection.
Ahh I was hoping this was the "new" soft product that was coming, I got my hopes up
Old May 4, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: VAG
I'm flying EWR to Nassau and got my first ever CPU. Hooray! (It's tough being a SFO-based 1P.)

My itinerary says I'm going to get a "Snack". That can't be right, can it? It's over a thousand miles, takes off at 11am and lands at 3pm, an interval otherwise known as "lunchtime". Is my itinerary wrong, or should I fill up on pretzels before departure?

Also: this is an international flight so supposedly I'm in "United Business", but it's a 737-800 so I should basically expect the same cabin and service I'd get in domestic first, right?
Old May 6, 2012, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
It is United Business in name only (except you should have access to the lounge) but service is pure domestic FC...

Originally Posted by Jorgen
I'm flying EWR to Nassau and got my first ever CPU. Hooray! (It's tough being a SFO-based 1P.)

My itinerary says I'm going to get a "Snack". That can't be right, can it? It's over a thousand miles, takes off at 11am and lands at 3pm, an interval otherwise known as "lunchtime". Is my itinerary wrong, or should I fill up on pretzels before departure?

Also: this is an international flight so supposedly I'm in "United Business", but it's a 737-800 so I should basically expect the same cabin and service I'd get in domestic first, right?
Old May 10, 2012, 9:46 am

Meal Service on UA's ORD-HKG Flights in Y or C?

Flying out of O'Hare to Hong Kong next month on UA. Flight leaves around 1:30 PM and gets on to HK at 6PM the next day. Flight info only shows one meal being offered, lunch. Does anyone have experience on this route as to whether they offer another meal(s) other than lunch? Thanks!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 10, 2012 at 11:25 am Reason: vague thread title
Old May 10, 2012, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Well, wherever this thread goes, I assure the OP that even if you're sat back in Economy you'll receive not only lunch but a substantial snack. That said, the portions are small and if I were you I'd stop by someplace like Subway sandwiches and purchase one of their $8.00 foot long sandwiches. That's a small price to pay to allow you to have food available when you want it.
Old May 10, 2012, 11:18 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Welcome to FlyerTalk, flobow!

As your query is specific to one airline, we'll move this thread over to the United forum. Thanks and hope you have a good trip! /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old May 10, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1MM, UA 1K, SPG Plat, Yfirst gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Plat.
If your in Business, you'll get a meal shortly after take off, then prior to landing a breakfast (most of the cabin will be waking up even though its 4pm at that point in HK) and there are snack baskets you can pick from.
Old May 10, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by flobow
Flying out of O'Hare to Hong Kong next month on UA. Flight leaves around 1:30 PM and gets on to HK at 6PM the next day. Flight info only shows one meal being offered, lunch. Does anyone have experience on this route as to whether they offer another meal(s) other than lunch? Thanks!
In all classes, there's a main meal shortly after take off, a mid flight snack (in economy this might be ramen noodles..more substantial in biz and first), and a snack size meal prior to arrival. In biz & first there are also self serve snacks & sandwiches available on a cart in the galley during the flight.
Old May 10, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Well, wherever this thread goes, I assure the OP that even if you're sat back in Economy you'll receive not only lunch but a substantial snack. That said, the portions are small and if I were you I'd stop by someplace like Subway sandwiches and purchase one of their $8.00 foot long sandwiches. That's a small price to pay to allow you to have food available when you want it.
i would say get packaged foods. its just me but a subway sandwich is not something i'd want to eat more than a couple hours after purchase. just gets kinda gross.
Old May 10, 2012, 11:36 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
I've flown UA TPAC in Y too many times. Seat 2A is absolutely correct about the size of the portions. Also, you might not like the meal choice and it would be good to have alternatives. I've brought on food and snacks with no problems.
Old May 12, 2012, 4:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
ORD-PVG Business 777 6A

PDB of choice, went with champagne.

Menu offered and order taken before pushback by Purser. Very very very good flight crew, can't say enough good about them!

Drinks were constantly refilled always with a smile and even was referred to a few times by Mr. Nevansm! Appetizers were served on tray from cart. All in all, a great great crew. Hopefully my flight back is just as good!

Menu:

Lunch

To Begin

Chilled Appetizer
Grill shrimp brochette with mango and tomato relish

Fresh Seasonal Greens
Tomatoes, Kalamata olives and Parmesan cheese with your choice of Parmesan-pepper dressing or roasted garlic red wine vinaigrette

Main Course

Grilled Filet Mignon
Roasted garlic and herd compound butter, garlic red skin mashed potatoes and grilled aspargus

Honey sate-spiced breast of chicken
Spice sauce, jasmine rice with chives and sautéed vegetable medley

Stir-fried shcrimp and scallops
Garlic-oyster sauce, braised egg noodles and baby bok choy

If you prefer more time to work or relax, ask your flight attendant about our expedited dining service. At your request, we will present you main meal followed by dessert based on your schedule.

To Finish

International Cheese Selection
Le Cabrie and San Joaquin Gold
Grapes and crackers served with Noval Fine Ruby Port

Dessert
Ice cream

Mid-Flight Snack

Assorted Sandwiches
Tomato, mozzarella and basil with basil aioli on a ciabatta roll
Roast beef and cheddar cheese with horseradish spread

Prior to Arrival

Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya
Basmati rice

Fresh Seasonal Fruit Selection and Yogurt

Wine List

Champagne
Paul Dangin Brut NVm Champagne
or
de Venoge Cordon Bleu Brut Select NV

White Wine
Michel Lynch Sauvigon Blanc 2010, Bordeaux
or
Chateau St. Jean Carneros Chardonnay 2010

Red Wine
Matiz Roble
Kenwood Vineyards Yulupa Merlot 2008
or
Cosentino The Cab 2009
Old May 13, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by nevansm
Wine List

Champagne
Paul Dangin Brut NV Champagne
That's about $20 locally. You'd be hard pressed to find a "Champagne" at a lower cost.
Old May 13, 2012, 5:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by geo1005
That's about $20 locally. You'd be hard pressed to find a "Champagne" at a lower cost.
Hm... nothing cheaper available, this surprises you for UA?
Old May 14, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by nevansm
ORD-PVG Business 777 6A
Precisely the same menu on UA 897 (IAD-PEK) on 5/13 in Business

That said the mid-flight sandwiches were not on ciabatta and it was ham/Swiss not roast beef.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.