Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New January 2012 Million Milers (light). Post pre/post miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New January 2012 Million Milers (light). Post pre/post miles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I'm now about 12k short of MM
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
My bump was also a little less than expected but still the propect of 1k for life shortly is a big prize.

A buddy of mine who was 1k before they had their first child moved to PE this year 2011 and was slated for P starting in 2012 just made it over to 1,004,000. Don't know the exact benefits but he will be pleasantly surprised.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EEE
I remember randomly checking a few days ago, and I think I was sitting somewhere around 210k (yeah, I'm a relative newbie to intensive travel). However, I'm now at 244k. Given how rarely I'm on F or Y fares and that I've gotten only 2k credit card EQMs in my life, I'm surprised that they dug up 34k EQMs that weren't BIS. Is anyone else suspecting a calculation error on their part?

(I had no CO miles.)
Did you have any *A flights you credited to MP? Those EQMs are included in the adjustment.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:18 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Earlier today my total MM Total was 505,618 and after the data purge I am now 686,886. A very nice bump - more than I anticipated
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA: GS, 1.97MM, SPG: Plat, IHG: Spire Ambassador
Recalculation complete: 39% bump

Was at 841k, yesterday, now at 1,173k lifetime. Had virtually no CO miles so this bump is all attributed to B or higher fares over the course of the last 11 years. Welcoming myself to a much-diminished 1MM status. I'd have rather hit the more valuable 1MM status the hard way in another 1-2 years.

Assuming I don't defect, I'll continue to track my BIS miles on UA metal to see when I really hit 1MM on a UA flight (i.e. where will I be over the pacific!). Is there some record you can request of UA on every flight you've taken with them? I've heard of it but don't recall what it is called and would not know how to ask.

Happy New Year!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
220k to 330k, which is in line with just my EQM adjustment for flights credited to UA MP.

OP/MP merger will net me another 30k.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:28 pm
EEE

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Baze
Did you have any *A flights you credited to MP? Those EQMs are included in the adjustment.
I'm trying to remember, but I don't think there are too many. I've always tried pretty hard to stay on United metal due to needing E+. I guess I do have a couple of CO flights from earlier this year (credited to UA), a couple of stray BMI flights from back in 2008, and maybe a US Airways flight for PHX-HNL.

Wait...I bet this includes double EQMs. That would explain the (proportionately) large difference between lifetime EQMs and lifetime BIS for someone who got most of their EQMs from flights on UA metal.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Platinum, UA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Wow, better than I thought!

Mine went from 587k to 787k, I was anticipating about 65,000 added miles, I was way off^
With the combination of about 10,000 CO miles I will be at MM in about 18 months.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
no longer

Originally Posted by semitestguy
Is there some record you can request of UA on every flight you've taken with them? I've heard of it but don't recall what it is called and would not know how to ask.

Happy New Year!
one USED to be able to request from mileage plus the print out of everything, many people did it earlier in the fall in advance of this EQM/BIS pop - but alas it appears that UAMP is no longer offering it at all even by request.

IF one is a GS or MM 1K with a lot of revenue they MIGHT do it but YMMV.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EEE
I'm trying to remember, but I don't think there are too many. I've always tried pretty hard to stay on United metal due to needing E+. I guess I do have a couple of CO flights from earlier this year (credited to UA), a couple of stray BMI flights from back in 2008, and maybe a US Airways flight for PHX-HNL.

Wait...I bet this includes double EQMs. That would explain the (proportionately) large difference between lifetime EQMs and lifetime BIS for someone who got most of their EQMs from flights on UA metal.
Yes, DEQMs are included.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:42 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, United MM, Marriott Gold
I knew it was coming, but had no idea what kind of adjustment to expect. Was pleasantly surprised to see my lifetime miles go from roughly 714K to around 901K.

Out of curiosity, any else make a big leap?
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Received 18K with the change..
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:45 pm

Programs: Platinum, MM - SPG lifetime Gold
Just confirming CO lifetime are not in this new total-
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, VA Plat, EY Gold
Woohoo, i doubled by more than 50%! i guess all those years of flying LH finally paid off completely
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Always on a plane
Just confirming CO lifetime are not in this new total-
That is correct, this is only UA miles being adjusted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.