Wiki Posts
Search

The transfer tool down now?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2011, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold
The transfer tool down now?

I have been trying to transfer miles from M+ to OnePass for several times since last night, but every time I keep getting an error, telling me " We’re sorry, but continental.com was unable to complete your request. Please try later or contact the Electronic Support Desk....". Anyone had similar experiences as me? I've been using two different computers, so I guess it is not my computer's fault.

Thanks!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, AMX Plat, Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
I have been trying to transfer miles from M+ to OnePass for several times since last night, but every time I keep getting an error, telling me " We’re sorry, but continental.com was unable to complete your request. Please try later or contact the Electronic Support Desk....". Anyone had similar experiences as me? I've been using two different computers, so I guess it is not my computer's fault.

Thanks!
I had the same problem. Talking to reservation agent this morning on another issue and she stated the accounts (OP + MP) will be combined tomorrow automatically, so no need to transfer. That might be why the transfer function is not working.
FWIW
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by MSPpete
I had the same problem. Talking to reservation agent this morning on another issue and she stated the accounts (OP + MP) will be combined tomorrow automatically, so no need to transfer. That might be why the transfer function is not working.
FWIW
That's good to know! Thanks! ^
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPpete
FWIW
I think you had a misinformed agent. The MP and OP accounts won't be combined until late first quarter when the 2 systems merge into one. Probably late March. Only thing happening tomorrow is in the background UA is going to do the one time adjustment to lifetime miles.

Unless something brand new has come out that no one here is aware of.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:34 pm

Smile My Calls

I am having the same problem. I have an award reservation on CO on hold (fare lock) that needs to be ticketed but all my miles are stuck on UA side. I have been trying since last night. United PremEx desk says I am out of luck; That this is no longer an option until they combine accounts. I was upset because I bought a 1st class ticket for me and placed the other for same route on hold for my companion and now I can't ticket it.

But... CO Web technical support says that it is just a temporary error that they are trying to fix. They were supposed to have it fixed at noon, but later told me a few more hours.

I later called CO Reservations and they told me the same thing that CO tech support said, should be fixed later and they are aware of the problem.

I am hoping CO is correct and it is just temporary.

Good Luck...
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:43 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by Baze
I think you had a misinformed agent. The MP and OP accounts won't be combined until late first quarter when the 2 systems merge into one. Probably late March. Only thing happening tomorrow is in the background UA is going to do the one time adjustment to lifetime miles. Unless something brand new has come out that no one here is aware of.
Hi Baze, that’s right. MileagePlus and OnePass accounts will not be combined until later first quarter 2012.

Originally Posted by aseaman
I am having the same problem. I have an award reservation on CO on hold (fare lock) that needs to be ticketed but all my miles are stuck on UA side. I have been trying since last night. United PremEx desk says I am out of luck; That this is no longer an option until they combine accounts. I was upset because I bought a 1st class ticket for me and placed the other for same route on hold for my companion and now I can't ticket it. But... CO Web technical support says that it is just a temporary error that they are trying to fix. They were supposed to have it fixed at noon, but later told me a few more hours. I later called CO Reservations and they told me the same thing that CO tech support said, should be fixed later and they are aware of the problem.
I am hoping CO is correct and it is just temporary.
Hi aseaman, this is indeed an error that our teams are working to resolve as quickly as they can. If you find you're unable to transfer your miles before you need to ticket, please send me a PM with your details and we’ll see what we can do.

Shannon

Last edited by UA Insider; Dec 31, 2011 at 8:07 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 31, 2011, 8:34 pm

Programs: United, AA Gold, InsideFlyer subscriber
Great to see such a quick response to get this sorted out.

I tried using the 'mile merge' online tool about 1 month ago after receiving an email reminder (I forgot I had ever accumulated any Continental miles) and on the last step received an error message ("This service is being updated, try again later").

I tried it a few more times on subsequent days, all with errors. Finally about a week later I tried again and it finally went through.

It's always nice to discover 'lost' miles.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:32 pm

It seems to be back online. It worked for me.

Shannon, thanks for your kind offer, I'm all set
Old Jan 1, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, AMX Plat, Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by aseaman
It seems to be back online. It worked for me.

Shannon, thanks for your kind offer, I'm all set
Just worked for me, too. I also thought the mileage merge would not happen until sometime in March 2012, and so was surprised when the agent told me it would happen today. Looks like today is not the merge day.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EP 2MM; AS 75k; UA PP 2MM
Auto xfr seems to work

When I checked out My.MileagePlus this am (re: lifetime mile status), I noticed that my most recent Chase Continental MC mileage credit shows up in MP activity for 2011. Last week, I tried to manually transfer and encountered same error message as OP. So, in my case, auto transfer appears to be working.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone else having trouble with this? I need to move some miles from UA to CO to ticket a reservation I have on hold. On Chrome, Safari and Firefox the first page of the transfer tool says

"To begin, please enter your login information for BOTH accounts: "

However, there is only the option to enter UA details - the CO box just isn't there. It lets me enter just UA and go to the next screen, but then at the bottom of that screen under my address it says "Java Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException", and there's no way to click through to the next screen.

On IE I can enter both UA and CO details, but then I just get

" ACCOUNTS NOT MATCHED:
There was a system error attempting to confirm your MileagePlus credentials. Please try again later. (TR202) "
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA former 1K MM
I just moved miles from CO to UA without any problem.
But I didn't try the other direction.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Yes, I just managed to get this to work for my wife. Clearly a problem with my account, then - guess it's time to phone
Old Jan 31, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Originally Posted by tsg20
Yes, I just managed to get this to work for my wife. Clearly a problem with my account, then - guess it's time to phone
Let me know what they say. I am having the same problem. It is saying the accounts don't match but I am sure everything is the same for both accouns.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:10 pm
kkg

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1MM/1k
down again?

The login page only asks for my MP number and not my onepass number. Once I input my MP number, the page shows the box to ask for the number of miles to be transferred, but there is no "submit" or "continue" button. Instead, it shows java error nullpointerexception.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.