Wiki Posts
Search

Any LAS-based 1Ks out there?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K
Any LAS-based 1Ks out there?

I recently relocated to LAS from IAH - just curious as to experience as a LAS-based 1K. Thanks for any input.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I used to be a 1K based in vegas for over 5 years during the TED years! LAS Flight attendants were great! You will frequently see the same crew! If for some reason you are in coach they will comp your drinks! Once they know you. I still fly to Vegas via ORD and when a LAS crew is on the flight, they still remember me and still take care of me!

I did flu US also, but since de hubbing vegas that wont be much of an option unless you connect in PHX. Also, the red carpet club in Vegas is a pretty nice lounge!

One warning the las-Den route
Has been reduced to several express flights.

As a 1k you will have a great upgrade percentage! As a premier this year, i have been upgrade on all 5 flights to ORD, even on a 319 with 8 seats!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
I commuted to LAS for several years up until a few years ago and agree with all the comments above. That was when I switched from US to UA. I can still remember all the special treatment I got at the gate and in-flight (albeit TED). Several times I was invited to board first by name since I was the only 1K on the flight!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:43 am
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Thumbs up

As someone who flies thru LAS a lot (300 times in the in the last 10 years), I think you will be very happy. The F Class security is pretty good & the CO personal at the United Club are excellent. UG rate is also excellent. Like me (living in a non UA hub city) to connect a lot thru LAX, SFO, DEN & IAH...
Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
As someone who lived in LAS during the TED days and now just returning to LAS recently, the experience is better than before.

1) The TSA at the F/C line is still "tolerable" (all relative).
2) A lot of the GA's have been here a long time and are great.
3) If you are 1K, the upgrades fairly easy (tougher flying out Monday am and returning Friday eve).
4) Having a PC or UnitedClub there is good. With UA moving to the new terminal this summer, we will see if that remains.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
+1 on all the comments so far...

I have great upgrade numbers there as a 1P.

The only intangible is what will happen to the UC/RCC when UA moves to terminal 3 this June
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, AA-Plat, PC-Plat Amb, tons of others...
<<<==== 1k who lives in Vegas. Upgrade rate is very high, as the majority of travelers are tourist and don't have status. You will see very short upgrade lists in and out of Vegas, barring a CES event or something like that.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by goingbananas
4) Having a PC or UnitedClub there is good. With UA moving to the new terminal this summer, we will see if that remains.
I believe it is only the landside functions that are moving to the new terminal. T3 will have an APM to D concourse much like the existing setup.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, 1M, HH Diamond
Echoing what's been said

Originally Posted by PublicBJ
<<<==== 1k who lives in Vegas. Upgrade rate is very high, as the majority of travelers are tourist and don't have status. You will see very short upgrade lists in and out of Vegas, barring a CES event or something like that.

I've been an LAS based 1K for the past 6 years. Unfortunately, the crews aren't as consistent (just meaning same personnel) as they were in the TED days. They were great. When I do happen to get one of them on my flight these days I get a great big hug.

In 2 weeks it will be my first flight out of LAS in about 2 years when I haven't sat up front (just saw on te news apparantly it's CES).
Old Jan 3, 2012, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K
Thanks!

Thanks alot folks...doesn't seem like I have any need to look elsewhere anytime soon...very good news indeed....
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I was LAS-based but my company left UA after Ted. Ironically I left LAS just as UA announced it was axing Ted, but I've gone through LAS nearly every other week since then. As others have mentioned, LAS is a solid station and I'm happy with UA there.

However, they have definitely gone downhill over the last couple years. Some of the things MayorMcKnife mentioned were definitely true a few years ago, but not anymore (it's been about a year since my 1K was last acknowledged, and that time was only when a GA pestered me to fill out on ualsurvey). I've also found the staff to be much more sullen since UACO. Hard to blame them - after all, I'm much more sullen since UACO.

A good example of LAS service going downhill was my flight this morning out of LAS. I was booked LAS-LAX-IAH and when I went to OLCI, the flight came up as a later LAS-DEN flight. Turns out there was an equipment swap on the LAS-LAX resulting in a massive oversell situation, and according to 1K desk someone at LAS had simply switched my routing yesterday and they never bothered to contact me. I just don't feel that is acceptable especially considering the difference in flight departure time.

As far as recent good things - I'll note TSA was actually manning the D gate F line when I went through LAS this morning. That's the first time in a long time - for the last several months, there was no one checking the line, so anyone could just shortcut through. They also had a separate PreCheck security line up today.

As others have mentioned the UC is great too. Possibly the best staff in the domestic clubs.

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
One warning the las-Den route
Has been reduced to several express flights.
I think it's still actually mainline mostly. I was in a 757 today. I think there's even one CO-operated flight.

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
As a 1k you will have a great upgrade percentage! As a premier this year, i have been upgrade on all 5 flights to ORD, even on a 319 with 8 seats!
I agree with the great upgrade percentage but I would recommend against risking the 319s. I missed 3 times LAS<>ORD on the 319 and once on the 320. Never missed on the 757 obviously.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.