Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Million Miler one-time adjustment 12/31/11 questions/tracking

Million Miler one-time adjustment 12/31/11 questions/tracking

Old Jan 2, 12, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
But Shannon wrote here that all EQM's count from the beginning of the program. Maybe Shannon didn't write that correctly which is why I'd like to see some clarification from United. The MP rep I spoke to on the phone today thought it would count, but I could tell she really didn't know what was going on. My first clue was that she wasn't aware of any kind of EQM's counting and had to go ask someone about it.
Um, yes, all EQM's from the beginning of the program count. But if it didn't count as EQM in 1992, it won't count as EQM now.
Old Jan 2, 12, 9:56 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold and Silver Wings, AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua View Post
Um, yes, all EQM's from the beginning of the program count. But if it didn't count as EQM in 1992, it won't count as EQM now.
I wonder if it's possible to get a copy of one's records from UA? These accumulated miles are of some value in terms of reaching the various MM levels. If a bank were consolidating my accounts in some way, I certainly wouldn't just take their word for it and accept the new amount without documentation.

My bump-up seems about right so I won't bother to try but I can imagine that some will question their new total.
Old Jan 2, 12, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
That's one interpretation. Mine is different. But all we are doing is highlighting the need for clarification from UA.
Old Jan 2, 12, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Fredd View Post
I wonder if it's possible to get a copy of one's records from UA? These accumulated miles are of some value in terms of reaching the various MM levels. If a bank were consolidating my accounts in some way, I certainly wouldn't just take their word for it and accept the new amount without documentation.

My bump-up seems about right so I won't bother to try but I can imagine that some will question their new total.
There used to be (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hould-get.html) but it sounds like it's no longer available for just casual perusal.
Old Jan 2, 12, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG, Marriott Lifetime Gold
That's one interpretation. Mine is different. But all we are doing is highlighting the need for clarification from UA.
Not sure how you can interpret if something was an EQM or not. Either it was or wasn't, and no hoping for it to count makes it count.
Old Jan 2, 12, 11:15 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by bmvaughn View Post
Not sure how you can interpret if something was an EQM or not. Either it was or wasn't, and no hoping for it to count makes it count.
But as you point out, an issue is what counted in the pre-EQM days
Unclear whether flights taken on partners which at the time earned "status miles" (prior to them being called EQM) will be included in the one-time recalibration....
appears some think those have count but others (including myself) have numbers that did not quite tally.
I have LH flights back to mid-80's which showed up in the Data Purge listing and don't know any to start count those or not.
Old Jan 2, 12, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
But as you point out, an issue is what counted in the pre-EQM days

appears some think those have count but others (including myself) have numbers that did not quite tally.
I have LH flights back to mid-80's which showed up in the Data Purge listing and don't know any to start count those or not.
Actually, I'm only highlighting questions people are asking in their own phrasing - I'm trying to act independent in the OP to clearly track open issues without adding my own thoughts. There were enough people asking that question that I put it on there until those folks felt satisfied they had an answer... I feel there is a very clear answer, but until others do, I have no plans to remove it.
Old Jan 2, 12, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I feel there is a very clear answer, but until others do, I have no plans to remove it.
I don't care what you remove, but I do feel you are wrong. If I bought a business class ticket, I should get business class miles for it. That was true before and it should be true now. And the words from United are since the program began. The program began in the 1980's. So they should be crediting EQM's since the 1980's.

If United comes out and clarifies that it is only since 2004 or some such date, then I will have to accept it. It's their program and they can eliminate the entire million miler program if they feel like it.
Old Jan 2, 12, 11:30 am
Original Poster

I don't care what you remove, but I do feel you are wrong. If I bought a business class ticket, I should get business class miles for it. That was true before and it should be true now. And the words from United are since the program began. The program began in the 1980's. So they should be crediting EQM's since the 1980's.

If United comes out and clarifies that it is only since 2004 or some such date, then I will have to accept it. It's their program and they can eliminate the entire million miler program if they feel like it.
I understand your point, my point is did you get a class-of-service EQM bonus for that business class ticket in the 1980s?

What, you say EQM bonuses didn't exist back then? Then you won't get anything for your adjustment.

It's as easy as this... if it counted as an EQM the year you earned it, it'll count as a lifetime mile. If it didn't, it won't, and they're not going to go back and change that.

I personally believe this is settled, and you can believe I am wrong, but I have no skin in the game on this one.

Last edited by bmvaughn; Jan 2, 12 at 12:01 pm Reason: forgot the word "bonuses" in original post
Old Jan 2, 12, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's as easy as this... if it counted as an EQM the year you earned it, it'll count as a lifetime mile. If it didn't, it won't, and they're not going to go back and change that.
You've said that several times. I get your point. Mine is the opposite.

Please Shannon log in and let us know the official answer. And an official date please.
Old Jan 2, 12, 12:00 pm

They did credit you EQMs since the 1980's. Class of service EQM bonuses don't look like they started until 2005. They credited class of service EQM bonuses since 2005. They did not credit you class of service EQM bonuses between 1980 and 2005 because such a thing did not exist between 1980 and 2005.

(I'm not 100% sure 2005 was when they actually started, so if it turns out they started in 2004, do a find and replace of 2005 with 2004 )
Old Jan 2, 12, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They did credit you EQMs since the 1980's. Class of service EQM bonuses don't look like they started until 2005. They credited class of service EQM bonuses since 2005. They did not credit you class of service EQM bonuses between 1980 and 2005 because such a thing did not exist between 1980 and 2005.

(I'm not 100% sure 2005 was when they actually started, so if it turns out they started in 2004, do a find and replace of 2005 with 2004 )
I have no clue how they are calculating the adjustment. I have a very detailed spreadsheet I have been updating religiously since I joined MP in 1997. I calculated I would get about 160K adjustment. UA adjusted me almost 40K more than I thought I would get. Not complaining but shows maybe something else is in play I did not account for. I tracked all *A flights credited to MP and COS, DEQM, TEQM bonuses, promotions, etc. Never had an EQM earning credit card.
Old Jan 2, 12, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HH Diamond, UA Elite Team winner 2009
No update for me

Originally Posted by travelmom4 View Post
I checked my total about a week ago and it has not yet changed. Anyone else out there still waiting?
No change for me either....maybe we should start a thread for those of us "left behind".....
Old Jan 2, 12, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA life 1K, 2MM; AA Life Pt 3mm; DL nada now!; AS nada now; BA, FD, CX, LH, DD, Amex Pt, Diners
Sounds a lot healthier on the body!

Originally Posted by Jorgen View Post
I went up from thirty-something thousand to sixty-something thousand.

Well, it's a start.
Who knows how many extra cosmic particles I have over you and what they are doing (or have done and I don't know) to my organs...........
Old Jan 2, 12, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
I still haven't gotten my bump yet. Any ideas as to why?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: