Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Million Miler one-time adjustment 12/31/11 questions/tracking

Million Miler one-time adjustment 12/31/11 questions/tracking

Old Jan 1, 12, 10:03 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by UALEOL View Post
I apologize asking this because I am sure it has been covered elsewhere but my lifetime was just adjusted from 1.8M to 2.255M so do I now get United Club for life as previously mentioned for 2MM benefit under the previews programs?
Originally Posted by Xyzzy View Post
Most of this discussion centers on crossing 1MM. Club membership is not part of the new program. So -- yes -- if your bump-up is what takes you ver the 2MM threshold you'll be Platinum for life but you won't get a club membership.
However, they have made some exceptions (and granted Lifetime UC membership) for those who were close to 2MM.

Originally Posted by PBAudit View Post
After seeing PaulMCO's posting, I wrote to Jeff Foand last week. At the end of the year, I will have 1,940,000 miles, 60k miles short of the 2MM Lifetime Club benefit.

My email stated that while I understand/respect that United can change program rules at any time, that 3.5 months was not enough time to adjust my flying to acheive 2MM and Lifetime club access. I asked if it would be possible to extend the 2MM Lifetime lounge benefit for another year. Or on a case by case basis, allow a period of time (i.e first 6 months in 2012) to get to 2MM and lifetime club access.

Earlier this week, I received an email from an assistant to Jeff Foland. After reviewing my account, flight activity and proximity to 2MM, she grant me an exception and I received the 2MM Lifetime Club benefit. Needless to say, I was surprised and pleased.

When the program changes were announced in September (discontinuation of 2MM lifetime club benefit), I emailed to 1kvoice and got a "form letter response".
Old Jan 1, 12, 10:07 am

Programs: UA Plat-1MM, Hhonors Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dgcpaphd View Post
All of us are happy?

That's news to me!
-
+1 not happy!

Did NOT get the bump I was expecting and I have the back up (data purge 1987-2007 + year ends 2008-2011) to prove it.

Wrote 1k desk, let's see if I ever get a reply?

Does anyone know exactly what "bonuses" where supposed to counts?

Per UA website "bonus EQM (those earned on partner airlines, or through promotions or credit cards)." What does that include? All promotions?? All surveys? All credit card postings?? Most of my old (pre-2004) credit card postings are listed as "bonus". Car rental and Hotel?? Or only the ones listed as "Bonus".

I would appreciate any confirmed information.

Thanks,
Old Jan 1, 12, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by LongingForORD View Post

Per UA website "bonus EQM (those earned on partner airlines, or through promotions or credit cards)." What does that include? All promotions?? All surveys? All credit card postings?? Most of my old (pre-2004) credit card postings are listed as "bonus". Car rental and Hotel?? Or only the ones listed as "Bonus".
I am unaware of any survey that gave a member EQMs. Similarly, I am unaware of a credit card before 2006 that granted EQMs. In addition, I am unaware of any posting from UA that spelled out precisely how many EQMs a given M+ event earned. This is why we maintain spreadsheets and this has been a sore point with UA ever since the notion of elite qualifying miles was introduced.

Thus I suspect you are confusing EQMs with RDMs.

Credit card eqms would be those from the platinum card, such as spend on united.com and spending Choices for eqms. Promos would be deqm promos and elite choice eqm carry overs. Partner airlines refers to eqms on partners that helped you to qualify for elite status on UA.

On an RDM basis, I daresay we would have minted 100s of lifetime GSes yesterday.

Last edited by mre5765; Jan 1, 12 at 10:29 am
Old Jan 1, 12, 10:24 am

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by V9 View Post
Is UA going to send out many new MM cards in Jan.?
Maybe, the new UA will do like AA and send out Cards with the MM level number on them (i.e. 1, 2, 3...) and bag tags as well.
Old Jan 1, 12, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by goingbananas View Post
Maybe, the new UA will do like AA and send out Cards with the MM level number on them (i.e. 1, 2, 3...) and bag tags as well.
And maybe the bag tags will be plated with gold, platinum, rhodium, and diamond, for 1, 2, 3, and 4 mm respectively.

Btw, platinum metal is more plentiful than gold. Is UA trying to tell us something?

Last edited by mre5765; Jan 1, 12 at 10:40 am
Old Jan 1, 12, 10:36 am

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by mre5765 View Post
And maybe the bag tags will be plated with gold, platinum, palladium, and diamond, for 1, 2, 3, and 4 mm respectively.
Quick....whats the precious metals spot prices...(pulling up my commodities web page).
Old Jan 1, 12, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goingbananas View Post
Quick....whats the precious metals spot prices...(pulling up my commodities web page).
Indeed, hence I replaced palladium with a more valuable metal.
Old Jan 1, 12, 11:08 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
It's worthwhile to review this thread on benefits for MM status:

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,5046,52380,00.html

UA was generous in running the new totals today:

For MileagePlus members who earned one million lifetime miles or more on or before December 31, 2011, you will also have the status and benefits of the new Million Miler program. January 1, 2012 will be the final deposit of Systemwide Upgrades and/or Regional Upgrades earned by Million Mile Flyers in 2011.

It does not sound as though those crossing the 2MM mark today will receive the option of United Club lifetime membership.

If you were rewarded with a lifetime lounge membership in the past, you will keep that membership.

We can immediately choose the person we want to enjoy our own lifetime status:

All Million Milers in the new program will be able to share their lifetime status annually with a spouse or significant other. You can go to mileageplus.com/thanksamillion right now to nominate this special person.
Yes it was... and I'll bet you that it was not their intention to create a bunch of new MMers in 2011 with this change. I would not expect any MM lites created on 12/31 to get the 3 SWU's or 2 CR1's..although they could make the argument they deserve it based on that page.
Old Jan 1, 12, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post

We can immediately choose the person we want to enjoy our own lifetime status:

All Million Milers in the new program will be able to share their lifetime status annually with a spouse or significant other. You can go to mileageplus.com/thanksamillion right now to nominate this special person.
Some of us have tried, and according to the web site are not MMers.
Old Jan 1, 12, 11:36 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, United MileagePlus, Carbon Conscious Travel, FlyerTalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM/Plat; AS MVP 75K; AA gold; Fairmont & Starwood platinum; Hyatt diamond; Kimpton IC Elite
Another reminder that this thread is for discussion. Please post your new totals to this thread, where I have moved a number of posts:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ost-miles.html

l'etoile
UA moderator
Old Jan 1, 12, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
My bump was way, way, way short. What is the current speculation? More to come? Or a thousand of us call MP tomorrow morning?
Old Jan 1, 12, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Not Much of A Bump.

1.65 to 1.82 M. 170K miles seems way too low, but new 2 MM benefits are nothing anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
Old Jan 1, 12, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by zombietooth View Post
1.65 to 1.82 M. 170K miles seems way too low, but new 2 MM benefits are nothing anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
Well if you are 1K every year it doesn't mean anything. But if you are retired, 2MM puts you ahead of Prem Ex people for upgrades, right? Or is being high on the priority upgrade list not matter?
Old Jan 1, 12, 12:08 pm

UA only correct?

So this was the UA bonus bump ONLY - correct? The Onepass + MP combination total will not "display" until the start of the new program end of Q1....
I'm hoping that is correct based on the verbiage in the announcement.
Old Jan 1, 12, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold
Smile Just got my Bump !

I just looked at my account and my lifetime miles with United went from .694 MM to 1.21 MM. I am very happy to have finally made Million Miler Status after being a member since 1986 and a whole lot of Lufthansa flights. Now if I understand the benefits, I will be Gold for life and I can nominate my wife to be gold each year. If this is right, I am very, very happy

Search this Thread
Search Engine: