Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Million Miler one-time adjustment 12/31/11 questions/tracking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Million Miler one-time adjustment 12/31/11 questions/tracking

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:47 am

Programs: UA3MMbis 1K, AA3˝MMbis Plat, AF1MMbis, BonvoyLTT
The template is in place

They have put the template in place today (as previously foretold with the "as of Dec 31"), so that the pop-up balloon when hovering over "Lifetime flight miles" says, "Total EQM earned in MileagePlus through Dec 31, 2011, plus flight miles you've earned flying on United, Continental and Copa since Jan 1, 2012".

Leave aside the amusing metaphysical matters that EQM are not flight miles, and that on 31 December 2011 we couldn't have any mile earned flying since 1 January 2012. As perhaps expected, the number actually displayed there on my screen (and presumably similarly for everybody else) is still just my UA BIS miles. At some point, obviously, this will change to the grossed up UA EQM number for pre-2012 plus any 2012 flight (BIS) miles. [And then, some day in 1st quarter 2012 include any pre-2012 Continental OnePass miles.]

My hope/guess is that that EQM addition and its reporting on-screen will happen pretty quickly, since I would hope they wouldn't leave an inaccurate explanation (the pop-up balloon) in place too long.

However, as a matter of how imperfect life can be, the UA web site was still promising in a pop-up balloon over Lifetime miles through yesterday (now gone with this template upgrade) lifetime Red Carpet Club [sic] membership as a reward for flying 2MM or more in the future:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Last edited by GBman; Dec 31, 2011 at 11:48 am Reason: Edited to include screen excerpts
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:51 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by revigik
the M+ DataPurge?
reports are UA has (understandable) discontinued doing this --
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hould-get.html
Old Dec 31, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Exclamation

Not sure if this is the right place or if a we thread is in order...

But I just checked and my lifetime BIS adjustment has posted. Got a 180k bump, which seems about right even if it's less than I hoped for. Not sure if it includes my 2011 PMCO flights, however.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by as219
Not sure if this is the right place or if a we thread is in order...

But I just checked and my lifetime BIS adjustment has posted. Got a 180k bump, which seems about right even if it's less than I hoped for. Not sure if it includes my 2011 PMCO flights, however.
I do not think it includes PMCO lifetime miles on the CO accounts. I just got my bump and it agrees with my estimate on UA to within a very small margin. Since I have almost 200K lifetime on CO I think I would easily see the difference.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
The wording for MM on ual.com now states: To bring everyone to the same starting point, on December 31, 2011, we did a one-time recalibration of MileagePlus lifetime miles balances to include both base EQM and additional EQM. This recalibrated lifetime miles balance will display in your MileagePlus account starting Jan 1, 2012, until system conversion late in the first quarter of 2012
Old Dec 31, 2011, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by as219
Not sure if it includes my 2011 PMCO flights, however.
It should IF you credited those flights to MP, they did a sweep of that awhile ago. But OP miles still totally separate.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 3:45 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I just moved the posts stating new totals in them to this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ost-miles.html

Let's keep questions and discussion on tracking in this thread and the posting of the new figures in the thread named above.

Thanks,
l'etoile
UA moderator
Old Dec 31, 2011, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Mine came through to the exact mile as expected with one exception. I flew 10,108 flight miles back in 1999-2001.... in 2004 I opened a new MP account (didn't know of the old one) and have been using it since.. in 2008 I found the old account and had them merge the accounts. At the time, my flight miles went up by 10,108.

Well today, I looked, and my flight miles bump was exactly 10,108 more than expected... so those flights double counted

I've updated the first post - perhaps someone who keeps a tidy spreadsheet can weigh-in with answers on these two bullets?
  • Unclear whether flights taken on partners which at the time earned "status miles" (prior to them being called EQM) will be included in the one-time recalibration.
  • Unclear whether flights which earned COS (class of service) RDM bonuses during the time of "status miles" (prior to them being called EQM) will be included in the one-time recalibration.

Last edited by bmvaughn; Dec 31, 2011 at 4:13 pm
Old Dec 31, 2011, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
I've updated the first post - perhaps someone who keeps a tidy spreadsheet can weigh-in with answers on these two bullets?
  • Unclear whether flights taken on partners which at the time earned "status miles" (prior to them being called EQM) will be included in the one-time recalibration.
  • Unclear whether flights which earned COS (class of service) RDM bonuses during the time of "status miles" (prior to them being called EQM) will be included in the one-time recalibration.
I'm pretty sure #1 did count, but #2 didn't, otherwise my FIL would have a ton more lifetime miles (lots of paid C in the 80s/90s).
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
how?

Originally Posted by BigBossman
103K to 243K...received the correct amount as well. It probably helps that my MP history only goes back to 9/2009.
Just out of curiosity, what is the 140K you flew to get this much bonus? Lots of LH, *A carriers, or ALL full fare Y/B/F/C/D and during a DEQM promo?
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA1K .455 MM, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nmenaker
Just out of curiosity, what is the 140K you flew to get this much bonus? Lots of LH, *A carriers, or ALL full fare Y/B/F/C/D and during a DEQM promo?
About 75% *A carriers (lots of flying to places UA doesn't go between two non-USA destinations), 20% Y/B bonus, and a little bit for the 2009 DEQM that occurred when I first joined the program.

Sadly, all the *A flying cuts into my RDM earning.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 6:07 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by UA Insider
dmodemd and JetAway, you have that correct. The last date we'll use in the recalibration is 12/31/2011, but, you won't see any recalculated balances until later. While we don't yet have an exact date, it will be before we migrate to a single system. Just didn’t want anyone to be surprised on January 1st.
Hi Everyone, my apologies. I had this wrong. As you now know, recalibrated balances are now starting to show. I know there are some unanswered questions and will work to get these answered tomorrow. Happy New Year!

Shannon
Old Dec 31, 2011, 6:09 pm
Community Director Emerita

It's worthwhile to review this thread on benefits for MM status:

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,5046,52380,00.html

UA was generous in running the new totals today:

For MileagePlus members who earned one million lifetime miles or more on or before December 31, 2011, you will also have the status and benefits of the new Million Miler program. January 1, 2012 will be the final deposit of Systemwide Upgrades and/or Regional Upgrades earned by Million Mile Flyers in 2011.

It does not sound as though those crossing the 2MM mark today will receive the option of United Club lifetime membership.

If you were rewarded with a lifetime lounge membership in the past, you will keep that membership.

We can immediately choose the person we want to enjoy our own lifetime status:

All Million Milers in the new program will be able to share their lifetime status annually with a spouse or significant other. You can go to mileageplus.com/thanksamillion right now to nominate this special person.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 6:11 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone, my apologies. I had this wrong. As you now know, recalibrated balances are now starting to show. I know there are some unanswered questions and will work to get these answered tomorrow. Happy New Year!

Shannon
Shannon, UA did better than you predicted and we are all happy. Thank you, and Happy New Year to you.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 8:14 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I'm happily a year and a half closer to MM now; I had not quite expected that much of a boost. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.