Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Million Miler one-time adjustment 12/31/11 questions/tracking

Million Miler one-time adjustment 12/31/11 questions/tracking

Old Jan 9, 2012, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by thezipper
... me wonders what Tom's new lifetime number increased to... maybe he needs a new Kryptonian card
Not us much as we or he thought it would:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post17724373
Old Jan 9, 2012, 8:19 am

Programs: UA Plat 1MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold/SVN 3 Star Elite, ICG Plat Ambassador
Que Pasa?
My UA total (703K) remains same, but my CO total went from 255K to 6K!!! Today!!! What the...?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
can't find

Originally Posted by mre5765
Not us much as we or he thought it would:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post17724373

I can't find the comment about what his 10MM total went to?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by nmenaker
I can't find the comment about what his 10MM total went to?
He posted it here, "3 million bump to 13,250,000+."
Old Jan 9, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: United, US Air, Continental
Lifetime Miles/ Onepass/Mileage Plus Transfer Issues

So I am sitting on 953K lifetime miles. I should and could make the vaulted 1 million miles plateau on my own this year with new flights. However, I also am sitting on 300K miles in OnePass. When United does the combination routine, I should get over 1 million with no problems.

I thought I could make myself a 1 million mile'r simply by transferring some miles on my own, so I did a combination transfer from One Pass of 50K miles.
It immediately showed up in my mileage account but didnt budge the lifetime miles total.

My question is: Did I hurt myself by manually transferring those miles before United does its combo sweep? Should I move those miles back into One Pass for lifetime credit?

Thanks
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
You can only transfer redeemable miles between OP and MP accounts, not Lifetime miles.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Viasistina
I thought I could make myself a 1 million mile'r simply by transferring some miles on my own, so I did a combination transfer from One Pass of 50K miles.
It immediately showed up in my mileage account but didnt budge the lifetime miles total.
That's the way it is expected to behave.

Originally Posted by Viasistina
My question is: Did I hurt myself by manually transferring those miles before United does its combo sweep? Should I move those miles back into One Pass for lifetime credit?
No, you didn't hurt yourself. And, no, you don't need to do anything.

In a couple months the systems will automagically combine the numbers and you'll have your 1MM status. Until then just be patient.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA, DL, Hilton etc.
Jumped from 667k to 814k.

But I have a meticulous spreadsheet of all flights and should be around 858k based on the criteria Shannon posted.

StivStivSteve
Old Jan 10, 2012, 1:36 pm

My adjustment lifetime miles & my continental lifetime miles will push me over the 1mm threshold.

I wasn't expecting any recognition until the systems merged---but just called to make a reservation and the agent thanked me for being a Million Mile flier. That was a nice surprise.*
* but it doesn't make up for losing the old MM perks....
Old Jan 13, 2012, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, the UA bump put me over 1MM on UA and gave me 1P status. I have created a CO account (on Jan 1st) and linked them (on Jan 1st). Here it is Jan 13 and CO still shows me as non-elite. Shouldn't I be Gold on CO? Previous reports of status matching between the 2 was 7-10 days but here is it 13 days.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 5:41 pm

Programs: CO
Linking vs Matching

I think linking & matching are two different things. Go to www.united.com/combinemyactivity
This should be automatic later this quarter 2012, but I think it will be faster if you follow this link, but not sure.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rick4q
I think linking & matching are two different things. Go to www.united.com/combinemyactivity
This should be automatic later this quarter 2012, but I think it will be faster if you follow this link, but not sure.
That link takes you to a page that has a button to register, it takes you to the page I already did. It has been said in other threads that it has all been combined into one now. Don't have to do it twice anymore in two different places. Just wondering if others who were general members before the combination (or silvers) and only created the One Pass account after the bump got the status matched over to Continental as Gold.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 1:52 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Wow, I went from under 400K to over 800K.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, MM, McDonalds Million Burgers
Big surprise on Tuesday (this week) - didn't know about the re-calc.

Went from 837K to 1.086m. about a 25% bump.

Thanks United (and LH, and TG and others) !

let the new race begin!

Bob
Old Jan 14, 2012, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Baze
So, the UA bump put me over 1MM on UA and gave me 1P status. I have created a CO account (on Jan 1st) and linked them (on Jan 1st). Here it is Jan 13 and CO still shows me as non-elite. Shouldn't I be Gold on CO? Previous reports of status matching between the 2 was 7-10 days but here is it 13 days.
Just to update. The match showed up today. So it took 14 days for it to happen.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.