Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Million Miler one-time adjustment 12/31/11 questions/tracking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Million Miler one-time adjustment 12/31/11 questions/tracking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; QF VA CI KL KE
Originally Posted by tiburon1K
Hello, I became a million miler after one-time adjustment. United.com does reflect "Lifetime flight miles" as "1,052,586" but status remains "Member". Do we have to wait for additional sweep or need to call? Thanks!
I reported the same in another thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17740480-post2004.html

I called (less than 24 hours ago) and am waiting for a response.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM)
A pleasant surprise ... the adjustment. I didn't expect very much but I hadn't paid attention to the deatils of what the adjustment would entail.

I went from 985k lifetime pre-adjustment to 1390k post-adjustment! Call it 41%.

I am ashamed as a regular member of FT to say I just noticed it. I even called the desk to check what was up with my account and the MP support desk indicated that the adjustment had gone thru. I flew a lot of *A TATL and to S.Africa which were always off the books. WOW.

In some ways it was a bit of let down as I was looking forward to the flight that was going to put me over (already scheduled...not booked yet). Well, only another 6 years and I can look forward to my 2MM flight.

Cheers all.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Plat
Delighted

I was watching this closely and was amazed and delighted to get a bump from ~500K lifetime to 786K on Jan 1. Yi-ha. Now, esp after the PMCO miles are added later this quarter, I may make MM (and lifetime *A gold status for my wife and me) before I am too old to enjoy it.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Per Pat with a bunch of numbers in another thread:

Originally Posted by Pat89339
At least I finally got an answer from WHQ to my emails that the class of service bonus started in 2004, so none of the F&C fares from 1983-2003 that I paid for and flew counted in the recalibration.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:13 pm

I have not flown on a CO flight since the merger. If I book a CO flight on United.com with my MileagePlus number, will my lifetime balance with United be incremented accordingly (since in the past CO was codeshare and would not increase United lifetime mileage balance). Thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Originally Posted by ferguson99
I have not flown on a CO flight since the merger. If I book a CO flight on United.com with my MileagePlus number, will my lifetime balance with United be incremented accordingly (since in the past CO was codeshare and would not increase United lifetime mileage balance). Thanks.
Seems to based on my Hawaii experience flying CO metal to ITO.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, AA EXP 1 MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5Star PC
Originally Posted by mtimmer
I went from 547K to 858K with the recalibration at MP.

Interestingly, my status moved from 2P to 1P and my One Pass status now says "Gold." Combined with CO I'll be about 1.2M, but since they haven't combined them yet I'm not sure if this is an unrelated glitch or the IT systems are already recognizing the combined total behind the scenes. (My accounts are linked.)

It's sure not due to flying...based on 2011 totals I would have fallen to GM.
I was a Silver with Continental and a Premier holdover from United. My lifetime miles went up a bit on United but not on Continental. The OnePass Service Center said I had made lifetime gold and Premier Executive on United, but no certificates. Rats.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
New lifetime status is starting to appear in UA's systems

Originally Posted by tiburon1K
Hello, I became a million miler after one-time adjustment. United.com does reflect "Lifetime flight miles" as "1,052,586" but status remains "Member". Do we have to wait for additional sweep or need to call? Thanks!
Originally Posted by bnebased
I reported the same in another thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17740480-post2004.html

I called (less than 24 hours ago) and am waiting for a response.
Originally Posted by pharmalady
I was a Silver with Continental and a Premier holdover from United. My lifetime miles went up a bit on United but not on Continental. The OnePass Service Center said I had made lifetime gold and Premier Executive on United, but no certificates. Rats.
I was at about 800k lifetime on UA prior to the New Year adjustment and now I'm a bit over 1.1MM. My MP profile still notes me as 1K and doesn't say anything about Million Mile status. However...

I was at a UA ticket counter tonight paying for some tickets with vouchers. As soon as the agent looked at my info on her screen she commented "1K million miler."

So it appears that UA's ticket agent systems are aware of my newly minted MM status even if the MP web site doesn't acknowledge it yet.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:18 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
...My MP profile still notes me as 1K and doesn't say anything about Million Mile status.
... So it appears that UA's ticket agent systems are aware of my newly minted MM status even if the MP web site doesn't acknowledge it yet.
The online accounts have not previousily noted MM status, so don't expect such soon.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Not sure if this has been mentioned already:

The adjustment bumped me over the the MM mark. I went to designate my spouse and it recognized me as a MM'er and allowed me to input her info.

Said something about her status being reflected "sometime in 2012."
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by ferguson99
I'm not sure when exactly they switched over, but I noticed in December that CO flights booked with MP # at the United website were getting credited to my lifetime miles. Oddly, they do not show up in the activity report as either United or Star Alliance, but as "Other Airlines" or "All Airlines" or something like that. But despite these oddities, everything does seem to get credited as it should - lifetime, RDM, and EQM.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
I was at a UA ticket counter tonight paying for some tickets with vouchers. As soon as the agent looked at my info on her screen she commented "1K million miler."

So it appears that UA's ticket agent systems are aware of my newly minted MM status even if the MP web site doesn't acknowledge it yet.
Interesting, that might explain the proactive, unsolicited, and generous comp I was given for a flight cancellation that resulted in only a two hour delay and no impact on my connecting flight.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 6:17 am

Programs: UA Gold 1 Million Miler, CX Gold
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Yes, you get MM status under the NEW program. This was expected when the new MM program was announced. There are pluses and minuses.... for some, more of one than the other depending on their personal situation.

Now, if you crossed 1MM with the pre 1/1 UA adjustment and adding in CO miles travelled since the merger was announced, you might have a case to argue you should be grandfathered in. If they were advertising that you should be assured you will suffer no negative effect by spreading your spend across CO and that may have caused you to send some UA miles to the CO side, I think one could have a case to be grandfathered, but I think that situation is very rare.

Note the additional miles in this adjustment is a big gift since UA did not include these bonus EQMs in its calcs before.
Thanks for the clarification!
Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:31 am

Programs: UA 1K
incredible

I went from 380,000 miles to 660,000 miles! Crazy!
Old Jan 9, 2012, 5:15 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
... me wonders what Tom's new lifetime number increased to... maybe he needs a new Kryptonian card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.