Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Million Miler one-time adjustment 12/31/11 questions/tracking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Million Miler one-time adjustment 12/31/11 questions/tracking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
has anyone noticed the UA lifetime was updated, but not CO?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:29 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by travel.flier
that was the plan -- to bring the UA lifetime metric to the same basis as the present CO lifetime metric.

One-time recalibration and combination of lifetime balances
Currently, MileagePlus and OnePass® track lifetime activity differently: MileagePlus counts only base EQM (actual flight miles on United and United Express), while OnePass counts both base EQM and bonus EQM (those earned on partner airlines, or through promotions or credit cards).

To bring everyone to the same starting point, on December 31, 2011, we will recalculate MileagePlus lifetime miles balances to include both base EQM and bonus EQM. This means the lifetime miles balance will either increase or remain the same.

Then, for all members who have both a MileagePlus and OnePass account, we'll combine the lifetime miles balances to arrive at a new MileagePlus lifetime miles balance, which will be carried forward into the 2012 program.

The OnePass and MileagePlus lifetime balances will continue to display separately until late in first quarter 2012.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
that was the plan -- to bring the UA lifetime metric to the same basis as the present CO lifetime metric.
cool thx! so i'm actually 15k miles closer than what's displayed on ua.bomb yippee!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:51 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by northpole999
So I received my one-time Million-Miler adjustment on Jan 1, 2012, with everything credited properly. However, I had 4 flights on LH which had not yet been credited. After requesting credit, UA put credit in this morning. The MM total was not adjusted, however. I figure that this can be remedied relatively easily with a call to the MileagePlus desk. I do think that this may be the case for a lot of folks who flew on partner airlines at the end of 2011 (or even UA if the flight departed late-day Dec 31, 2011. I suspect a lot of folks may not notice the loss of miles, as we really don' have much of a way to track what our MM total is exactly. Perhaps there is some way to ask UA to do a final post-Q1 sweep to catch this issue for all MP members it may apply to. Any thoughts?
Hi northpole999,we'll be doing a subsequent recalibration in a few weeks to capture miles that fall into just this category (e.g. miles that post in early 2012 but that actually count toward 2011).

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
This is odd... now I'm seeing that the UA/CO lifetime mile combining was scheduled for 12/31 but doesn't appear to have occurred: http://mileageplusmergerupdates.com/...rger_MO_110629
Hi bmvaughn, I can confirm that the lifetime balances for Mileage Plus and OnePass won’t be combined until we transition to a single system. We’ll work to get the wording on the website changed.

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Unclear whether flights taken on partners which at the time earned "status miles" (prior to them being called EQM) will be included in the one-time recalibration.
bmvaughn, just to officially confirm, yes, “status miles” were indeed included.

Originally Posted by LongingForORD
Does anyone know exactly what "bonuses" where supposed to counts? Per UA website "bonus EQM (those earned on partner airlines, or through promotions or credit cards)." What does that include? All promotions?? All surveys? All credit card postings?? Most of my old (pre-2004) credit card postings are listed as "bonus". Car rental and Hotel?? Or only the ones listed as "Bonus". I would appreciate any confirmed information.
Hi LongingForORD, all in all, anything that counted toward elite status in previous years was counted. Anything that did not count toward elite status previously, was not counted. For example, the following count as part of your recalibrated lifetime balance:
  • EQM earned from flights on Star Alliance partners
  • EQM earned from class-of-service / full-fare bonuses (typically 50% for First, Business, and full-fare Economy)
  • EQM earned from activity with specific Chase Credit Cards
  • EQM from certain promotional offers, such as Double EQM or Purchase EQM offers
Examples that don’t count include:
  • Redeemable/award miles from credit card spend, hotel, car or retail partners
  • Purchase Miles, Gift Miles, Transfer Miles or Reward Miles
  • Redeemable flight bonus award miles, including elite bonus miles (25% for Premier, 100% for Premier Executive and 1K)
  • Redeemable bonus award miles from most promotional offers
  • Flight miles from non-Star Alliance partners
  • Redeemable/award miles earned from class-of-service / full-fare bonuses (in 2011, typically between 25% and 50% for First or Business)
Shannon
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by travel.flier
For UA, the mileage totals were updated; for CO, the benefits from hitting certain milestones were updated.

Well, I guess both benefits were updated, somewhat, and you can find threads where people are debating whether the update was an upgrade or a downgrade for UA.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 4:17 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by UA Insider
I can confirm that the lifetime balances for Mileage Plus and OnePass won’t be combined until we transition to a single system. We’ll work to get the wording on the website changed.
Is that to say then, that (give or take the odd adjustment) my new lifetime mileage will be the sum total of my current MP and OP lifetime miles?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
bmvaughn, just to officially confirm, yes, “status miles” were indeed included.
Shannon, can you please give us a date of when status and EQM's counted? And most importantly, if I feel I was significantly shorted on my lifetime miles, who can I contact?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:01 am

Programs: UA Gold 1 Million Miler, CX Gold
Hi bmvaughn, thanks for succinctly summarizing the questions on this topic. When it comes to Million Miler status, although the recalibrated Mileage Plus balances became visible on December 31st, the new balances actually take effect January 1st as part of the 2012 MileagePlus program. For those who ended up crossing a Million Miler threshold as a result of the adjustment, benefits of the 2012 Million Miler program will apply.

I became a million miler after one-time adjstment. Does it mean that I will not receive the 3 SWUs and 2 CR1? If that is the case, I will be very disappointed.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:18 am

Hello, I became a million miler after one-time adjustment. United.com does reflect "Lifetime flight miles" as "1,052,586" but status remains "Member". Do we have to wait for additional sweep or need to call? Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:37 am

Hi bmvaughn, I can confirm that the lifetime balances for Mileage Plus and OnePass won’t be combined until we transition to a single system. We’ll work to get the wording on the website changed.

Shannon
Not that I'm anywhere near MM but does this mean on the CO side EQM's and partner airlines continue to count towards MM and another recalibration will be preformed for UA elites? Or are you tracking our BIS miles in the backend and that number will be displayed when we have a unified system.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:19 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriot (via SPG) Lifetime Gold
I went from 547K to 858K with the recalibration at MP.

Interestingly, my status moved from 2P to 1P and my One Pass status now says "Gold." Combined with CO I'll be about 1.2M, but since they haven't combined them yet I'm not sure if this is an unrelated glitch or the IT systems are already recognizing the combined total behind the scenes. (My accounts are linked.)

It's sure not due to flying...based on 2011 totals I would have fallen to GM.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Thanks Shannon! First post updated!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I went from 1.18M to 1.76M, or ~49% bump. If my PMCO LT is added in I should be at ~2.62M.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
If I apply FEQMs today to a CO 2011 EQM balance, will they count since theoretically they effect the 12/31/2011 total? Or no?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by kan1011
I became a million miler after one-time adjstment. Does it mean that I will not receive the 3 SWUs and 2 CR1? If that is the case, I will be very disappointed.
Yes, you get MM status under the NEW program. This was expected when the new MM program was announced. There are pluses and minuses.... for some, more of one than the other depending on their personal situation.

Now, if you crossed 1MM with the pre 1/1 UA adjustment and adding in CO miles travelled since the merger was announced, you might have a case to argue you should be grandfathered in. If they were advertising that you should be assured you will suffer no negative effect by spreading your spend across CO and that may have caused you to send some UA miles to the CO side, I think one could have a case to be grandfathered, but I think that situation is very rare.

Note the additional miles in this adjustment is a big gift since UA did not include these bonus EQMs in its calcs before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.