Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Million Miler one-time adjustment 12/31/11 questions/tracking

Million Miler one-time adjustment 12/31/11 questions/tracking

Old Jan 3, 12, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmvaughn View Post
This is odd... now I'm seeing that the UA/CO lifetime mile combining was scheduled for 12/31 but doesn't appear to have occurred:

http://mileageplusmergerupdates.com/...rger_MO_110629
Interesting. I have just been going by what UAInsider has been posting. But so far things don't seem to be going the way Shannon said they would. If people are seeing their CO Lifetime miles added would love to know it. Shannon said that would happen later but before the actual merger late first quarter. So your not seeing it is not a surprise.
Old Jan 3, 12, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Baze View Post
Interesting. I have just been going by what UAInsider has been posting. But so far things don't seem to be going the way Shannon said they would. If people are seeing their CO Lifetime miles added would love to know it. Shannon said that would happen later but before the actual merger late first quarter. So your not seeing it is not a surprise.
My lifetime UA/CO balances are not yet combined. Probably just another website inaccuracy.
Old Jan 3, 12, 1:11 pm

Just logged into my M+ account and I got a nice surprise, guess I will see how far I can get before the end of the decade, im not a 100k/year flyer but I should be able to hit MM status before the end of the decade. Provided they put in a slightly more comfortable seat in the CO fleet I dont think I will be going anywhere provided they do not screw with 1P (or golds or whatever we will be called this year) too much anymore. Just keep the *g bennies, luggage allowance and E+ and ill keep flying UA as most of my flights are long haul and the occasional UDU is nice but not expected as I know I am on the shallower end of the pond.
Old Jan 3, 12, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA ex-1K, DL 500,000 lifetime
I was amazed. Went up 40K from 282K. Seeing as almost all of those are recent BIS UA tubes, a couple LH flights, a couple US flights, don't know where any of them came from... and frankly don't care. Next TATL will put me at the elusive 1/3 MM level. That and $2.25 will get me a cup of coffee at *$s. Yee Haw.

I am more amazed that I am a half MM on DL. How did that happen? Oh yeah... twenty some trips to Narita.

I think I am on schedule to make MM status in... 2018.

tim in san jose
Old Jan 3, 12, 3:12 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I jumped from about 980K to 1.13M. I only have 70K or so on the CO side so was expecting to be around the 1.1M even combined so I can't really tell if it was included or not. If it wasn't I guess I am up around 1.2M.
Old Jan 3, 12, 3:35 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
had a nice jump, tho i'm still a long way from MM.. went from 225k to 418k. i haven't calculated it, but that presumably includes various elite choice carryovers (including the team award from 2008), some class of service bumps, a CRTW, a decent amount of usair, and a whole lot of air canada jazz CRJ flying...
Old Jan 3, 12, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, DL Plat, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Ambassador
This is one of the first UA/CO "enhancements" that I like. My lifetime balance went from 300k+ to 622k ^ and should top 700k once CO is added.

That still looks to be some distance from lifetime 1M, but at least appears more attainable. Unfortunately I normally have quite a bit of *A travel, so it's a few years off.
Old Jan 3, 12, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS
I had a jump that totalled around 250K ... I'm now at about 670K. I'll take it.
Old Jan 3, 12, 5:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
I had a nice jump, about 100k to 365k in just 2 years as a 1k, one of those being a DEQM year.
Old Jan 3, 12, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA GS
Went from 354,000 to 505,000, so it's nice to be more than half way to MM!
Old Jan 3, 12, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA GS MM, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum
My adjustment put me at 990k, which was a little lower than I expected but close enough that I have no doubt UA was very accurate with the adjustment.

I am pretty excited that I will get to fly my million mile flight (even though I still feel like I'm cheating those who earned it the hard way only on BIS on UA metal!).

I will cross over on LHR-ORD coming home from a long vacation weekend with my new bride next weekend. Much better than crossing over on a Monday morning work flight!
Old Jan 3, 12, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Avis Select
very surprised by the jump from 540k to 720k
Old Jan 3, 12, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by bmvaughn View Post
My lifetime UA/CO balances are not yet combined. Probably just another website inaccuracy.
I agree -- I don't see how any kind of CO + UA addition has yet taken place. All the bump is UA, and it just represents UA doing the math as CO has been doing it. My CO lifetime miles are still listed separately on Continental.com, and they haven't changed -- but the UA miles took a huge jump.
Old Jan 3, 12, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, AA EXP 1 MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5Star PC
I contacted Continental, and they gave me Lifetime Gold status, but they have not yet adjusted the total miles from my former Mileage Plus and OnePass accounts yet. I was never more than a Premier or Silver on either airline, but flew them for years and now I have Gold for life. I am not complaining, but they still cannnot tell me which number I should use for reservations.
Old Jan 3, 12, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Technical/Timing Problem with One-Time Million Miler Adjustment

So I received my one-time Million-Miler adjustment on Jan 1, 2012, with everything credited properly. However, I had 4 flights on LH which had not yet been credited. After requesting credit, UA put credit in this morning.

The MM total was not adjusted, however. I figure that this can be remedied relatively easily with a call to the MileagePlus desk. I do think that this may be the case for a lot of folks who flew on partner airlines at the end of 2011 (or even UA if the flight departed late-day Dec 31, 2011.

I suspect a lot of folks may not notice the loss of miles, as we really don' have much of a way to track what our MM total is exactly. Perhaps there is some way to ask UA to do a final post-Q1 sweep to catch this issue for all MP members it may apply to.

Any thoughts?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: