FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Million Miler one-time adjustment 12/31/11 questions/tracking (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1295569-million-miler-one-time-adjustment-12-31-11-questions-tracking.html)

Baze Jan 3, 2012 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by bmvaughn (Post 17739093)
This is odd... now I'm seeing that the UA/CO lifetime mile combining was scheduled for 12/31 but doesn't appear to have occurred:

http://mileageplusmergerupdates.com/...rger_MO_110629

Interesting. I have just been going by what UAInsider has been posting. But so far things don't seem to be going the way Shannon said they would. If people are seeing their CO Lifetime miles added would love to know it. Shannon said that would happen later but before the actual merger late first quarter. So your not seeing it is not a surprise.

randomman Jan 3, 2012 1:04 pm

My total went from around 550,000 to around 830,000! Very happy with the result. My very rough estimate had put me around 700,000.

Now, definitely within 1MM range within three years.

Very very few flights on non-UA metal. Almost all of this came from DEQM and Y/B fare bonuses. Still surprised by the outcome...no complaints.

bmvaughn Jan 3, 2012 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Baze (Post 17739506)
Interesting. I have just been going by what UAInsider has been posting. But so far things don't seem to be going the way Shannon said they would. If people are seeing their CO Lifetime miles added would love to know it. Shannon said that would happen later but before the actual merger late first quarter. So your not seeing it is not a surprise.

My lifetime UA/CO balances are not yet combined. Probably just another website inaccuracy.

VWGuru Jan 3, 2012 1:11 pm

Just logged into my M+ account and I got a nice surprise, guess I will see how far I can get before the end of the decade, im not a 100k/year flyer but I should be able to hit MM status before the end of the decade. Provided they put in a slightly more comfortable seat in the CO fleet I dont think I will be going anywhere provided they do not screw with 1P (or golds or whatever we will be called this year) too much anymore. Just keep the *g bennies, luggage allowance and E+ and ill keep flying UA as most of my flights are long haul and the occasional UDU is nice but not expected as I know I am on the shallower end of the pond.

k_jupiter Jan 3, 2012 1:40 pm

I was amazed. Went up 40K from 282K. Seeing as almost all of those are recent BIS UA tubes, a couple LH flights, a couple US flights, don't know where any of them came from... and frankly don't care. Next TATL will put me at the elusive 1/3 MM level. That and $2.25 will get me a cup of coffee at *$s. Yee Haw.

I am more amazed that I am a half MM on DL. How did that happen? Oh yeah... twenty some trips to Narita.

I think I am on schedule to make MM status in... 2018.

tim in san jose

dmodemd Jan 3, 2012 3:12 pm

I jumped from about 980K to 1.13M. I only have 70K or so on the CO side so was expecting to be around the 1.1M even combined so I can't really tell if it was included or not. If it wasn't I guess I am up around 1.2M.

Seat1A Jan 3, 2012 3:35 pm

had a nice jump, tho i'm still a long way from MM.. went from 225k to 418k. i haven't calculated it, but that presumably includes various elite choice carryovers (including the team award from 2008), some class of service bumps, a CRTW, a decent amount of usair, and a whole lot of air canada jazz CRJ flying...

Boraxo Jan 3, 2012 3:53 pm

This is one of the first UA/CO "enhancements" that I like. My lifetime balance went from 300k+ to 622k ^ and should top 700k once CO is added. :)

That still looks to be some distance from lifetime 1M, but at least appears more attainable. Unfortunately I normally have quite a bit of *A travel, so it's a few years off.

vt2k Jan 3, 2012 5:08 pm

I had a jump that totalled around 250K ... I'm now at about 670K. I'll take it. :)

nevansm Jan 3, 2012 5:23 pm

I had a nice jump, about 100k to 365k in just 2 years as a 1k, one of those being a DEQM year.

NRT_boy Jan 3, 2012 6:06 pm

Went from 354,000 to 505,000, so it's nice to be more than half way to MM!

rmmcdaniel Jan 3, 2012 6:46 pm

My adjustment put me at 990k, which was a little lower than I expected but close enough that I have no doubt UA was very accurate with the adjustment.

I am pretty excited that I will get to fly my million mile flight (even though I still feel like I'm cheating those who earned it the hard way only on BIS on UA metal!).

I will cross over on LHR-ORD coming home from a long vacation weekend with my new bride next weekend. Much better than crossing over on a Monday morning work flight!

dlwalt Jan 3, 2012 6:50 pm

very surprised by the jump from 540k to 720k

Bitterroot Jan 3, 2012 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by bmvaughn (Post 17739521)
My lifetime UA/CO balances are not yet combined. Probably just another website inaccuracy.

I agree -- I don't see how any kind of CO + UA addition has yet taken place. All the bump is UA, and it just represents UA doing the math as CO has been doing it. My CO lifetime miles are still listed separately on Continental.com, and they haven't changed -- but the UA miles took a huge jump.

pharmalady Jan 3, 2012 8:11 pm

I contacted Continental, and they gave me Lifetime Gold status, but they have not yet adjusted the total miles from my former Mileage Plus and OnePass accounts yet. I was never more than a Premier or Silver on either airline, but flew them for years and now I have Gold for life. I am not complaining, but they still cannnot tell me which number I should use for reservations.