Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Global Premier (fka Systemwide) Upgrades on Lufthansa?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Premier (fka Systemwide) Upgrades on Lufthansa?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I don't get to say this often: I'm very impressed with UA. ^

Requested 2 paper LH systemwide upgrades late Tuesday night for last minute travel this coming weekend (not booked until today). No issues that I didn't have the booking details and the certificates were overnighted (FedEx) and in my hands in under 36hrs. Well done! (now if I could only get the missing mileage credit I've been chasing for the last 8 months!)

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:12 pm

Programs: 2013: UA 1K (2013: 4/7 UDU, 2012: from GM to 1K!), Global Entry
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I don't get to say this often: I'm very impressed with UA. ^

Requested 2 paper LH systemwide upgrades late Tuesday night for last minute travel this coming weekend (not booked until today). No issues that I didn't have the booking details and the certificates were overnighted (FedEx) and in my hands in under 36hrs. Well done! (now if I could only get the missing mileage credit I've been chasing for the last 8 months!)

-FlyerBeek
Same here, got 2 paper LH SWUs in under 36 hours, and was able to fly LH F to and from FRA (was in LH C for the four segments), including a trip to the FCT (with car rides)! Pretty good for my first GPUs. Thanks United and LH!
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Does anyone have experience trying to use these for SFO/LAX-FRA/MUC? I'm guessing that J is generally pretty full on these routes? Any city pair better than others in terms of availability?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: Delta - but no longer travel for business like I did.
Originally Posted by uwr
Congrats!

Btw, how did you get a GPU as a Plat?
I need to update my signature. Made 1K at the very end of 2012
Up to platinum on Hyatt thanks to a couple of stays in Kolkata and a few elsewhere at Hyatt Places, but dropped to silver on Hilton as I'm mostly traveling outside of the US now.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 5:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Has anyone ever attempted to double upgrade from Y to F by purchasing a paid airport upgrade to J (sometimes offered at airport check-in for $400-600 - although I'm not sure what fare class it rebooks into) and then trying to apply the SWU into F?

I'm guessing this is probably a nonstarter, but my flight tomorrow is very lighty loaded in both J and F.

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 10, 2013, 7:38 pm

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
Am I paranoid not to give my password to m+ CSR?

Originally Posted by megalab
Just requested 2 paper GPUs for an upcoming trip on LH. Agent asked for my flight # & PNR, said it was now required to be inputed into the system. She asked for the 2nd leg; I said it was the same flight but for a colleague....
Just attempted to order a couple paper certs for upcoming LH flights. 1k transferred me to another agent that wouldn't issue the certs until I replied to "security" question with my password/pin... I am uncomfortable doing his. Am I being paranoid?

Do you folks disclose your PIN to get your paper certs?

Thanks,
Dan

** I remember seeing this question before somewhere but could not find it on search...

Last edited by DirtyDan; Feb 10, 2013 at 8:08 pm
Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by DirtyDan
Do you folks disclose your PIN to get your paper certs?

Thanks,
Dan

** I remember seeing this question before somewhere but could not find it on search...
Yes - I've disclosed my PIN over the phone for this and many other Mileage Plus transactions. If you're concerned because the 1K Desk is transferring you to another agent - try calling Mileage Plus Customer Service directly.

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 11, 2013, 7:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Has anyone ever attempted to double upgrade from Y to F by purchasing a paid airport upgrade to J (sometimes offered at airport check-in for $400-600 - although I'm not sure what fare class it rebooks into) and then trying to apply the SWU into F?

I'm guessing this is probably a nonstarter, but my flight tomorrow is very lighty loaded in both J and F.

-FlyerBeek
If you can find someone to re-fare you into J/C/D (Z&P are not allowed) then you can apply the SWU at the gate, no problem. The 4-600$ upgrades are normally only offered during oversell situations and the ticket is not reissued, instead you get a marketing upgrade into I. Check your BP, the booking class is displayed besides the flight number.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The 4-600$ upgrades are normally only offered during oversell situations and the ticket is not reissued, instead you get a marketing upgrade into I.
You are correct. Even with 30+ empty J seats there was no discounted paid upgrade offer, but my SWU was cleared immediately at check-in.

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 12, 2013, 6:14 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The discussion on this topic may continue in the following thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...t-process.html

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United MileagePlus Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.