Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Global Premier (fka Systemwide) Upgrades on Lufthansa?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Premier (fka Systemwide) Upgrades on Lufthansa?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Originally Posted by CASAFlyer
The certificate printing was handled by MP customer care. In PMUA, SOP was to call 1k line and then ask to be transferred to MP customer care to print a paper SWU for use on LH.
Yeah, no kidding... I converted all six of my 2011 SWUs to paper for use on LH last year using that same process.

I'm now 40 minutes into the phone call with dead silence. It's a good thing I can multi-task.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:37 pm

Please advise what happens , as i would like to order them too,
thanx
Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:47 pm

After 45 minutes, I hung up and called again. I had assumed that they were transferring me over to the MP service center but guess I was wrong. I've got the MP service center on the phone with a PMUA agent who is just about to get them issued for me.

The key here is that you MUST specifically ask to be transferred. Don't even let them have another option.

Now being told by the agent who checked with a supervisor that this ability no longer exists. She's checking with another CS Supervisor to verify but this is certainly not good news.

Okay. I've been told they're finally issued and will be sent USPS. It took nearly 45 minutes again on the second call. The PMUA agent was apologetic that it took so long but gave me some hints to help those of you who call in to get this done before all the kinks are worked out.

First, at this time the paper certificates can only be issued by Service Directors. The phone agents, apparently, do not have access to be able to do this yet.

Second, if you're calling with an LH itinerary in hand that will also help with their determining whether to expedite the issuance of the certs or not.

I had a wonderful agent who not only recognized that I was a 1K but a 1KMM and thanked me. It was a bit confusing but this is one of the things that they're still trying to iron out.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 6, 2012 at 2:36 pm Reason: three consecutive posts merged
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:14 pm

Thanks for the update
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Has anyone else called United to request a printed SWU (GPU - ?) since the March 3 integration? I booked a LH flight today for travel next week. I spend *3 hours* on the phone with various agents trying to figure out how to get it done. This kinda thing used to be a 5 minute call. Yet another example of "changes we'll like"
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:26 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by SJPaul
Has anyone else called United to request a printed SWU (GPU - ?) since the March 3 integration? I booked a LH flight today for travel next week. I spend *3 hours* on the phone with various agents trying to figure out how to get it done. This kinda thing used to be a 5 minute call. Yet another example of "changes we'll like"
Maybe call the US based Mileage Plus call center.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:37 am

Programs: UA1K / LH SEN / SPG Plat / MR Plat
Talking United does indeed still offer SWU for Lufthansa

Hello all, I finally got through today and yes indeed they offer paper certificates. A couple of notes, when talking to the Mileage Plus Service Director they tried to direct me a Reservations Service Director, fortunately, the Reservations Service Director instructed the MP Service Director to do. Also, if you live in a foreign country, United will expedite your certificates. Hope that helps.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1.3 MM, UA Plt, Marriott Lifetime Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Eligible Fare Buckets

I have read the entire thread and there is lots about what fare buckets you can't use but is there a listing of the eligible fare buckets.

Looking to fly ORD-DUS and FRA-DEN in June and use a SWU from coach to business. Found a pretty reasonable fare $1700 for V class outbound and Q class on the return.

It would appear that these fare classes are eligible for SWU use. How can I confirm?
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
V and Q are oK to upgrade. To see which classes are excluded in LH's system and which are excluded using the new catch all T&C on the paper SWU, check here:

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...002&size=2#431

Current LH excludes the following from upgrades: (P was added this week)

On European flights, this applies to the following booking classes with:
- Lufthansa (LH) E, L, K, P

On intercontinental flights, this applies to the following booking classes with:
- Lufthansa (LH) E, K, L, P, T
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Can one of you post a scan of one of the new paper SWUs here? I'm about to setup a new master thread for use of paper SWUs on LH.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by SJPaul
I called on Tuesday and got them printed that day. It took a while but had to ask for a Service Director to do it as they're the only ones that can at this point. In addition, sCO folks did not even know that this was an option.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Call twice last night trying to get SWU's printed. Both times told that it's not yet possible due to integration issues.

Perhaps it's a YMMV situation, but please don't post this issue as resolved. It's NOT.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
V and Q are oK to upgrade. To see which classes are excluded in LH's system and which are excluded using the new catch all T&C on the paper SWU, check here:

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...002&size=2#431

Current LH excludes the following from upgrades: (P was added this week)
And Z, too no?
Old Mar 11, 2012, 9:33 pm

Is it normal for miles to post to UA MP if one were to use an SWU?

Recently (2 weeks ago) successfully used a UA SWU on LH intercontinental flight. The ticket was on LH (220 stock) and had all LH flights (no code shares). The record had M&M number for miles. In fact the boarding pass had my LH M&M status printed.

On using SWU, the miles haven't been credited to M&M.

Over the past 2-3 weeks, M&M has been on the move and so has United. Is it normal for miles to post to UA MP if one were to use an SWU?
Old Mar 11, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by indeus
Recently (2 weeks ago) successfully used a UA SWU on LH intercontinental flight. The ticket was on LH (220 stock) and had all LH flights (no code shares). The record had M&M number for miles. In fact the boarding pass had my LH M&M status printed.

On using SWU, the miles haven't been credited to M&M.

Over the past 2-3 weeks, M&M has been on the move and so has United. Is it normal for miles to post to UA MP if one were to use an SWU?
No, the miles would post to the FF# used on your BP.

However, sometimes (very rarely) if the BP showed I/O-class instead of Z/J/C/D/A/F, they might have used an award class instead (if done incorrectly - but that used to happen long ago) instead of keeping the underlying class of travel in the record.

I would wait another 2 weeks and only then try for a retrocredit with LH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.