Million Miler companion benefit

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 24, 20, 2:40 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
To register a companion www.united.com/MMcompanion or www.mileageplus.com/thanksamillion

First companion choice section takes place immediately. Changing companion must be done before end of November and takes effect in the first week of January. You can have only 1 designated MM companion. If you don't make a change, the previously selected companion will remain in place.

While rules suggests the companion has to reside at the same address as elite, in practice, neither same address or same last name is needed.

The companion has all the same privileges / status as the MM elite but will not receive PlusPoints (before 2020 RPUs or GPUs) based on the companion status.

See Million Miler program for more
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 19, 12, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by star_world View Post
You could have saved yourself all that time - see this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hread-pss.html

This benefit isn't being implemented until "mid March" - basically any day now.
I just check my s/o status and it now shows the companion benefit listed as the same as mine
Old Mar 19, 12, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.9MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Same here - called the 1K line and they picked up instantly, entire status match call was less than two minutes - partner instantly showed up as a 1K (a little bump up from Plat for him). New credentials will be mailed out, apparently.
Old Mar 20, 12, 3:34 pm

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i
Question

What do we do if/when we don't have a wife/husband to take advantage of our MM partner benefit?

Can we nominate our dog, cat, best friend, worst friend, distant friend, chameleon pet? Trade it on CC?

What are we to do with it?
Old Mar 20, 12, 5:02 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by CDG1 View Post
What do we do if/when we don't have a wife/husband to take advantage of our MM partner benefit?

What are we to do with it?
Maybe this is the extra incentive you needed to commit to that special someone.

It has also been suggested that UA reimburse MMs for match.com fees.
Old Mar 20, 12, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by mikel51 View Post
This morning, I noticed that Mrs. mikel51 had her status matched without my call. She was a general member on Sat, and on Mon morning she is GS.
+1. Mrs. Blueman2 shows up as GS now, and I never called.
Old Mar 21, 12, 6:26 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i
Question

Originally Posted by Ericka View Post
Maybe this is the extra incentive you needed to commit to that special someone.
It has also been suggested that UA reimburse MMs for match.com fees.
Companion eligibility:

A companion is defined as a spouse, significant other or individual who resides at same home address, based on MileagePlus profile information.
Your companion must be an enrolled member of the MileagePlus program under their own name and may not already be the companion of another Million Miler.
The companion benefit is awarded on an annual basis and is non-transferable.
Your companion will be sent his or her own individual Premier credentials and does not need to be traveling with you to receive the benefits of the Premier level awarded.
Your designated companion will automatically renew each year unless you let us know otherwise by December 30 of the current year.
You may change the companion on your account; however the change will not be in effect until January 1 of the following year. All change requests must be made by December 30 to be effective for the following year.

Last edited by CDG1; Mar 21, 12 at 6:32 am
Old Mar 21, 12, 7:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA
I finally got matched correctly on 3/19

My husband became MM in January 2011 and designated me (to be Gold to match his 2012 status). On March 3, I became "silver" on my own status, and that persisted until March 19. I wrote UAL several times, because this lost me an extra 25% elite bonus on a return trip from Sydney to IAD. Now I mysteriously have become Gold but no movement on my miles.
Old Mar 21, 12, 7:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by welltended View Post
My husband became MM in January 2011 and designated me (to be Gold to match his 2012 status). On March 3, I became "silver" on my own status, and that persisted until March 19. I wrote UAL several times, because this lost me an extra 25% elite bonus on a return trip from Sydney to IAD. Now I mysteriously have become Gold but no movement on my miles.
The benefit wasn't planned to start until "mid March" so I'm not sure you will see any extra bonus miles.
Old Mar 21, 12, 8:42 am

I checked my wife's account today and despite the fact that I enrolled her into the new spousal benefit page as soon as it went online, her status remained unchanged (ie plain old peon member)

So I called the 1K desk. A lovely agent put me through to the Mileage Plus Service Center (for 1K's according to her) and then I waited. And waited some more. I think I had a birthday during the time I was on hold. 54 minutes later and nothing. So I hung up and drank the rest of the bottle of white...

It doesn't really bother me as I was using Skype and my wife isn't flying in the near future. But it just strikes me as "how hard can it be..." I mean at the start the agent did tell me that she can see the notation in my wifes profile and that it was just put there today. But I know for a fact that I completed the online form ages ago.
Old Mar 31, 12, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K View Post
At least for several days after the spousal/partner match, you may have to have UA force the new status onto pre-existing reservations. When I had the 1K desk make the change for my spouse on a Thursday, her status showed up on-line right away, but doing on-line check-in the next Sunday, for a res. booked many weeks earlier showed no status for her on the boarding pass.
I have the same problem. My wife now shows she's a 1K but when I tried to reserve E+ seats for her on an existing reservation made back in Feb., it shows I have to pay $54.

Does this mean I have to call? *sigh*
Old Mar 31, 12, 8:11 pm
Senior Moderator/Moderator: Coronavirus, United MileagePlus

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
You might, but 1K wait times were much shorter the past two days.

Update: when doing OLCI for a reservation two weeks after spouse was matched to 1K, her status did not show up on BP, but UA did show it on its airport SHARES system and her 1K status did show on their airport reprint of the OLCI BP.
Old Apr 4, 12, 9:04 pm

The MMCompanion Enrollment site is still down. The site says to check back in "early April"

MileagePlus Million Miler Companion Enrollment

This site is temporarily unavailable. Please check back in early April to enroll your spouse or eligible significant other.
Old Apr 4, 12, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by oscar112 View Post
The MMCompanion Enrollment site is still down. The site says to check back in "early April"

MileagePlus Million Miler Companion Enrollment

This site is temporarily unavailable. Please check back in early April to enroll your spouse or eligible significant other.
Please note: Online companion nominations will be temporarily unavailable starting March 2, 2012. If you were a 2011 MileagePlus member and you already nominated your companion online between September 26, 2011 and March 2, 2012, your companion's status will take effect in late March.

YOU WILL NEED TO CALL MP!!! It only takes about 10 seconds once you get through, and the 1k MP lines have been answered promptly, as of late!
Old Apr 4, 12, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by oscar112 View Post
As seems to be the case with many other areas, the transition doesn't seem to be going as seamlessly as one would have hoped.

Maybe they should have based on the United site . . . as bad as it was, it wasn't as bad as this!
Old Apr 4, 12, 11:38 pm

Programs: JL JMB Diamond 1.4 MM, UA 1P 1.2 MM
I was getting annoyed that I wasn't able to give my wife 1P status since she has a work trip coming up and she's booked in a middle seat in E-, so I called and they were able to change her to 1P in about 5 minutes after "speaking with a supervisor." Right after that I was able to get her an aisle seat in E+. If she's really lucky, maybe she'll get upgraded, but doubtful with all the TOD buy ups.

Edit: I did this about a week ago.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: