Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 18, 2016, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
To register a companion www.united.com/MMcompanion or https://promo.united.com/offers/mmcomp

First companion choice selection becomes effective immediately. Changing companion must be done before end of November and takes effect in the first week of January. You can have only 1 designated MM companion. If you don't make a change, the previously selected companion will remain in place.
While rules suggests the companion has to reside at the same address as elite, in practice, neither same address or same last name is needed (UA may be tighten this up starting in late 2022)
The companion has all the same privileges / status as the MM elite but will not receive PlusPoints (before 2020 RPUs or GPUs) based on the companion status.

Companion eligibility:
  1. A companion is defined as a spouse, significant other or individual who resides at same home address, based on MileagePlus profile information.
  2. Your companion must be an enrolled member of the MileagePlus program under his or her own name and may not already be the companion of another Million Miler.
  3. The companion benefit is awarded on an annual basis and is nontransferable.
  4. Your companion will receive his or her own individual Premier credentials and does not need to travel with you to enjoy the benefits of the Premier level awarded.
  5. Your designated companion will automatically renew each year unless you let us know otherwise by November 30 of the current year.
  6. You may change the companion on your account; however the change will not be in effect until January 1 of the following year. All change requests must be made by November 30 (for changes to existing companion nominations) or December 30 (for first-time nominations) to be effective for the following year. MileagePlus will not be able to accept changes to existing companion nominations during the month of December.
See UA Million Miler program web page for more

Relevant thread: UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Archive thread: Million Miler companion benefit {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Million Miler companion benefit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2022, 7:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Timing?
The cut-off is Nov. 30. I vote for IT fail.
bmwe92fan likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by bmw303
trying to change companion to my son. Addresses match exactly. I certify that he meets the t&cs and get this error: ""based on the information you provided, the person you elected is not currently eligible to be selected as your Million Miler Companion."

what gives?
Check every letter of your address -- including the zip code + 4 -- this is no longer about helping GS -- it's about exclusion -- welcome to Kirbyland....
limey1K likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Check every letter of your address -- including the zip code + 4 -- this is no longer about helping GS -- it's about exclusion -- welcome to Kirbyland....
He He. BMW 92 introduces BMW 303 to the complexities of software in the modern era..... Or maybe it's the difference between 6 cylinders and 8.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
What happens if my Million Miler Companion is a Million Miler themselves?

I have been a MM for a couple of years now, and I designationed my partner. I am 1K from business travel, and thus they are 1K. However, by the end of this year THEY will hit 1MM. What happens with THEIR companion?! What status do they get? I can't see this documented anywhere...Thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: *
Originally Posted by joelfreak
I have been a MM for a couple of years now, and I designationed my partner. I am 1K from business travel, and thus they are 1K. However, by the end of this year THEY will hit 1MM. What happens with THEIR companion?! What status do they get? I can't see this documented anywhere...Thanks!
This was discussed recently in another thread. From anecdotal reports, the companion of your companion will also be 1K.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Chain rules!

Originally Posted by joelfreak
Check posts 1117 and 1118 of this thread.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 26, 2022 at 2:19 pm Reason: cleanup after merge; thanks for the link
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Counsellor
This may have been caused by (and be in response to) the blatant daisy-chaining of unrelated "companions" mentioned in some past postings. Just a guess.
I personally know two GS who are part of the 'GS chain', according to them their chain have at least 10+ members, and I won't be surprised if there are more 'chains' out there.
SPN Lifer and ContinentalFan like this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 2:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by gokeeper
I personally know two GS who are part of the 'GS chain', according to them their chain have at least 10+ members, and I won't be surprised if there are more 'chains' out there.
How do these 'chains' work, since all companions are supposed to have the same address? Is it just that they haven't been caught?
Old Oct 28, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
How do these 'chains' work, since all companions are supposed to have the same address? Is it just that they haven't been caught?
UA never enforce address requirement before recently (august?) Even now MM can always call to add anyone as their companion. Worst case just change the address on MP profile, don't see this matters anymore since no more kit/drink voucher.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Re the ability to gift status to a partner, I did this a year ago. Do I need to do it each year so they can maintain status or does it automatically renew each year (unless I make a change)? Wiki seems to read I don't need to do anything for my companion to maintain status. Just wanted to be sure.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Re the ability to gift status to a partner, I did this a year ago. Do I need to do it each year so they can maintain status or does it automatically renew each year (unless I make a change)? Wiki seems to read I don't need to do anything for my companion to maintain status. Just wanted to be sure.
If you do not make a change by November 30 your companion is renewed.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
question on this -if i change the companion person by nov 30th this year,does the current companion hold current (my 1k status) until end of jan 2023?
and is the new companions status (my 1k) effective from jan 1 2023?
thanks!
Old Nov 8, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
question on this -if i change the companion person by nov 30th this year,does the current companion hold current (my 1k status) until end of jan 2023?
and is the new companions status (my 1k) effective from jan 1 2023?
thanks!
Changeover occurs on (or about) January 1. Only one companion at a time. I have changed companions twice, once where the current companion earned equal status and once when status dropped to member. The second dropped mid-day on January 1.

Last edited by 8MiHi; Nov 8, 2022 at 4:50 pm
Old Nov 9, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
Changeover occurs on (or about) January 1. Only one companion at a time. I have changed companions twice, once where the current companion earned equal status and once when status dropped to member. The second dropped mid-day on January 1.
I have been over 1MM for 6 years now. That has absolutely never been my experience. Every time (and I do switch every year), the previous companion maintains status until Feb 1. The new companions usually gets their upgraded status around January 5.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 12:45 am

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
I thought i heard it lasted until Jan 31st -but wanted to ck...maybe no set rule?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.