Million Miler companion benefit

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 15, 19, 7:15 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
To register a companion www.united.com/MMcompanion or www.mileageplus.com/thanksamillion

First companion choice section takes place immediately. Changing companion must be done before end of November and takes effect in the first week of January. You can have only 1 designated MM companion. If you don't make a change, the previously selected companion will remain in place.

While rules suggests the companion has to reside at the same address as elite, in practice, neither same address or same last name is needed.

The companion has all the same privileges / status as the MM elite but will not receive RPUs or GPUs based on the companion status.

See Million Miler program for more
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 15, 12, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Good for UA!! It's nice to see a thread with some positive things to say about our airline of choice. ^^
Old Mar 15, 12, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
One thumb up for UA and one thumb down

After seeing today's posts, I called to get my husband's status to match mine. The agent insisted that he would only get the lifetime status match of Gold rather than my status of 1K. I asked him to speak with a supervisor and he came back and instantly changed my husband's status to 1K.

He did say that next year they would probably change the rules so that the match would be to Gold.
Old Mar 15, 12, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by octeckels View Post
After seeing today's posts, I called to get my husband's status to match mine. The agent insisted that he would only get the lifetime status match of Gold rather than my status of 1K. I asked him to speak with a supervisor and he came back and instantly changed my husband's status to 1K.

He did say that next year they would probably change the rules so that the match would be to Gold.

I think they opted not to challenge the hoards of MMers who were planning on the "Current Status" match language! I hope it doesn't change next year, but we'll wait and see. And hubby will enjoy 1K for one year anyway!
Old Mar 15, 12, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Same here - my wife is now platinum. Took longer to get through VM system than it did sitting on hold and getting the status changed.

Now she wants to know where we're going immediately so that she can use it...

Greg
Old Mar 15, 12, 6:27 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by greg99 View Post

Now she wants to know where we're going immediately so that she can use it...

Greg
Of course, if she really wants to use it, she should go somewhere without you.
Old Mar 15, 12, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA - million Miler
Wife's companion status messed up

Today is March 15,2012 and my wife's Companion status still didn't get changed to GOLD. Also she hasn't received ANY card. I've been told on here to be patient but I had a hunch and called MP. After holding quite a while I finally got an agent who said that I had not designated anyone. I was smart enough to print out the confirmation when I made the nomination. The agent updated her status and it now reflects GOLD. The moral of the story - CHECK CHECK and CHECK, then call.
Old Mar 15, 12, 7:19 pm

Programs: 1K, MM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by iflyalot View Post
...my wife's Companion status still didn't get changed to GOLD. Also she hasn't received ANY card. I've been told on here to be patient but I had a hunch and called MP...
Same here except I called 3 times and each time they told me they had no record but I took a screen shot, asked if I could email it to them and was basically blown off, no email, nothing they could do. If she wasn't traveling in a week w/o me, I wouldn't have pushed it. I was about to give up until I read a post that suggested contacting UAInsider...worked magic and done!

She is still middle seat, back of the bus but at least won't have to pay for checked luggage she needs.
Old Mar 15, 12, 7:28 pm

Programs: United Global, One Pass Platinmum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Companion Status Match

I have a 4 Million Mile Global Status, which gives my wife lifetime Global Status, I received my card, luggage tags, and beveradge cards about 3 weeks ago. I attempted to phone the Global desk several times and just heard a recording telling how busy they are, I did wait about 10 minutes each time, then hung up. To date March 15th my wife has not received her new card.
Old Mar 15, 12, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by larry70470 View Post
I have a 4 Million Mile Global Status, which gives my wife lifetime Global Status, I received my card, luggage tags, and beveradge cards about 3 weeks ago. I attempted to phone the Global desk several times and just heard a recording telling how busy they are, I did wait about 10 minutes each time, then hung up. To date March 15th my wife has not received her new card.
Had the same issue today, tried 3x and always had to give up after 10 or 15 minutes. Just too busy during the day to stay on their hold forever. Not sure when they get the GS line fixed, it used to pick up right away.
Old Mar 15, 12, 10:19 pm
Senior Moderator/Moderator: United MileagePlus

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
I was able to get through quickly to 1K reservations in Manila. Agent had access to enough M+ features to promptly change spouse's status to 1K. Took about 3 minutes.
Old Mar 15, 12, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
+1

Called 1K line, they nicely transfered me to 1K MP....lovely lady corrected the spouse situation in two minutes. She then worked to give me missing flight credits. Said that would take 24-48 hours to correct in system but was optimistic it would occur. Things are looking up.
Old Mar 15, 12, 11:17 pm

The website registration page says it wont be open until april. As my SO is travling with me to HK next week I called the MP desk. i was on hold for about 10 minutes but then did get through. After verbally certifying the relationship (domestic partner) they completed the signup. I logged in as my SO and it said he was 1k. Do these benefits also accrue double mile benefit for 1ks?

What was confusing to me is the old PMUA site to register a companion is not the same thing and you must register with the new site.
Old Mar 15, 12, 11:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by dolcean View Post
.... Do these benefits also accrue double mile benefit for 1ks? ....
Except for accruing GPUs and RPUs, the MM match companion should have all the 1K privileges.
Old Mar 15, 12, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat; UA GS (via MM companion); SPG
Originally Posted by octeckels View Post

One suspects he was simply embarrassed at being completely wrong and trying to make up for it with a BS comment about a supposedly probable future devaluation of the benefit.

Originally Posted by larry70470 View Post
You should be getting the option to press 1 and talk to a Premier agent after waiting for a few min on the GS hold... just do that, they'll get a 1K MP service desk agent quickly if needed and fix things up..

FWIW, I was told my new GS creds (via companion match) were mailed on the 13th, which is before I got an agent to get the website I see to even reflect my new GS status (that was today).

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 15, 12 at 11:40 pm Reason: merge
Old Mar 16, 12, 9:01 pm

Programs: United Global, One Pass Platinmum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by flyer215 View Post
One suspects he was simply embarrassed at being completely wrong and trying to make up for it with a BS comment about a supposedly probable future devaluation of the benefit.

You should be getting the option to press 1 and talk to a Premier agent after waiting for a few min on the GS hold... just do that, they'll get a 1K MP service desk agent quickly if needed and fix things up..

FWIW, I was told my new GS creds (via companion match) were mailed on the 13th, which is before I got an agent to get the website I see to even reflect my new GS status (that was today).
Thanks, but the system is not the same as it was a few weeks ago, there is a voice that keeps repeating because of business volume there is a delay. Not the same as it was in the past.
I keep trying to get into the thanks a Million site, even today March 16th it says comeback in mid March. Anyone have any idea as to the gift? In the past they sent me Boca DeCasta Candle Holders, an i Pod, and the lifetime Red Carpet Membership, Oh and a model B777 airplane. Wondering what is next?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: