Million Miler companion benefit

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 24, 20, 2:40 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
To register a companion www.united.com/MMcompanion or www.mileageplus.com/thanksamillion

First companion choice section takes place immediately. Changing companion must be done before end of November and takes effect in the first week of January. You can have only 1 designated MM companion. If you don't make a change, the previously selected companion will remain in place.

While rules suggests the companion has to reside at the same address as elite, in practice, neither same address or same last name is needed.

The companion has all the same privileges / status as the MM elite but will not receive PlusPoints (before 2020 RPUs or GPUs) based on the companion status.

See Million Miler program for more
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 4, 20, 4:11 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, UA GS/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by kb1992 View Post
Let me clarify.

A MMer who is a GS until Jan. 31, 2020 (may become 1K after Feb.1) changed nomination in November 2019.

When does the new companion become GS? Sometime in Jan. ?
This is not exactly your question, but it might help.

I am a current GS who requested to switch MM companions from my son to my wife back in October. I have not been notified of 2020 GS status yet.

On January 1, my son was still GS (no surprise) and my wife was upgraded from no-status to 1K. Presumably my wife will be further upgraded to GS when (if) I get notified on Jan 10.
Old Jan 10, 20, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond
Two quick questions:

1. If you hit 2MM, and make lifetime plat, do you get the 40 PlusPoints a year?
  2. If I'm a 1MM, but qualify for plat in a given year, I know a companion gets to be plat too for that year. Will the companion get PlusPoints?
Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 20, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by as219 View Post
Two quick questions:

1. If you hit 2MM, and make lifetime plat, do you get the 40 PlusPoints a year?
  2. If I'm a 1MM, but qualify for plat in a given year, I know a companion gets to be plat too for that year. Will the companion get PlusPoints?
Thanks!
1. Yes
2. No.
Old Jan 10, 20, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by as219 View Post
...Will the companion get PlusPoints?...
Only those who have earned the yearly or MM status get the points. Members receiving status via sponsorship/gift do not.
jsloan likes this.
Old Jan 10, 20, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond
I assumed as much but wanted to confirm. Thanks for the quick replies!
Old Jan 10, 20, 5:03 pm

Programs: United GS+
My MM companion is not showing my GS status on mystatus.united.com. In previous years it stated that as a MM companion, XX status has been provided.

Is anyone else seeing this for their MM companions?
Old Jan 10, 20, 5:40 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by jgsx View Post
My MM companion is not showing my GS status on mystatus.united.com. In previous years it stated that as a MM companion, XX status has been provided.

Is anyone else seeing this for their MM companions?
Mrs. DELee now shows her status as inheriting my 2021 1K as my MM companion.

David
Old Jan 18, 20, 5:11 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus
Just crossed 1MM yesterday. Designated a companion this evening and it did not reflect right away on my companions account. Called back and first agent said that they are experiencing issues and that it may take a few days. Second agent said that it could take 24-48 hours to reflect on the companions account. MileagePlus was able to see my companion as 1K but reservations does not. Has anyone else run in to this?
Old Jan 18, 20, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by WorldTraveler203 View Post
Just crossed 1MM yesterday. Designated a companion this evening and it did not reflect right away on my companions account. Called back and first agent said that they are experiencing issues and that it may take a few days. Second agent said that it could take 24-48 hours to reflect on the companions account. MileagePlus was able to see my companion as 1K but reservations does not. Has anyone else run in to this?
Congratulations on your achievement! When I applied my companion account was updated someone immediately. Give it a day or two itíll show up, if not then you can escalate
Old Jan 18, 20, 6:07 pm

I picked up my credentials for this year and, as was the case last year, my wife's card was not sent. So, as was the case last year, I called and inquired. I was reminded that they no longer send cards to companions even if the status itself would ordinarily merit a card. That said, a card will still be issued if requested. However, such a request can only be made on or after February 14th...and the card may take four to six weeks to arrive. This phone call cost them money. The next phone call will cost them money. And so will the card they then send. I understand that having only one membership kit is easier from a fulfillment perspective. But why not just send an email to the prospective companion and ask if they want a card and, if so, you can "click here"... But I did a get a new luggage handle wrapper. Apparently it is blue now; to match the new livery.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Feb 2, 20, 7:10 am

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
So my companion can call for a mp card since we only got my kit? And the blue handle too? Can that be requested?
Old Feb 2, 20, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by WorldTraveler203 View Post
when I crossed over 1MM two years ago, it took a few days for my selection to show up on MsHalls120s account.
Old Feb 4, 20, 8:25 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by MrMillion View Post
I picked up my credentials for this year and, as was the case last year, my wife's card was not sent. So, as was the case last year, I called and inquired. I was reminded that they no longer send cards to companions even if the status itself would ordinarily merit a card. That said, a card will still be issued if requested. However, such a request can only be made on or after February 14th...and the card may take four to six weeks to arrive. This phone call cost them money. The next phone call will cost them money. And so will the card they then send. I understand that having only one membership kit is easier from a fulfillment perspective. But why not just send an email to the prospective companion and ask if they want a card and, if so, you can "click here"... But I did a get a new luggage handle wrapper. Apparently it is blue now; to match the new livery.
I'm confused. Are you 1MM? My kit only came with luggage tags. No blue handle wrapper. I made it to Plat this year, BTW.
And, regarding my 1MM companion, apparently she does not get a kit. But what about the drink coupons?
Old Feb 4, 20, 8:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, 2 MM; IC Spire Amb;
Originally Posted by elitefreak View Post
I'm confused. Are you 1MM? My kit only came with luggage tags. No blue handle wrapper. I made it to Plat this year, BTW.
And, regarding my 1MM companion, apparently she does not get a kit. But what about the drink coupons?
They received the 1K kit, as opposed to your Plat kit. One K has luggage tags, blue luggage handle, 5 drink tix and the card, aside from the promo materials. No card for companion, but a note that the companion can order it. Word is from other posts that United will not take any orders for companion cards until after 2/14....
elitefreak likes this.
Old Feb 12, 20, 11:34 am

Hypothetical MM nomination question

So if I’m a MM who’s an active GS I can nominate someone else who would have my current status.

say I nominate someone who is also an MM but only gold. They become a GS.

could they then nominate someone who becomes a GS?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 12, 20 at 12:42 pm Reason: moved to existing discussion

Search this Thread
Search Engine: