Million Miler companion benefit

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 24, 20, 2:40 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
To register a companion www.united.com/MMcompanion or www.mileageplus.com/thanksamillion

First companion choice section takes place immediately. Changing companion must be done before end of November and takes effect in the first week of January. You can have only 1 designated MM companion. If you don't make a change, the previously selected companion will remain in place.

While rules suggests the companion has to reside at the same address as elite, in practice, neither same address or same last name is needed.

The companion has all the same privileges / status as the MM elite but will not receive PlusPoints (before 2020 RPUs or GPUs) based on the companion status.

See Million Miler program for more
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 15, 12, 10:25 am

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
Originally Posted by Baze View Post
Can't for the life of me find it but did find a couple referring to nominations on hold until April. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong. Wouldn't be the first time sorry if I am wrong. Just so vividly remember reading it. My wife will be my test case. Nominated her in January. So will see when her new status kicks in.
See http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/cont...companion.aspx

The site is down and it says to check back in early April to register a SO.
Old Mar 15, 12, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, 3 Million Miler, Hyatt GP Diamond
Got it done

I called and it took about 10 minutes, but they finally did it.
Old Mar 15, 12, 10:59 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA PremEx-MM
This morning, I tried to call the Mileage Plus desk; I was disconnected as call volume was too high.

Called the 1K desk and was transferred to the Mileage Plus desk; after 43 minutes I gave up.

Frustrating to say the least
Old Mar 15, 12, 11:02 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
This morning, I tried to call the Mileage Plus desk; I was disconnected as call volume was too high.

Called the 1K desk and was transferred to the Mileage Plus desk; after 43 minutes I gave up.

Frustrating to say the least
I just did this exact thing and the reservation agent transferred me to a number that said "thank you for calling mileage plus for executive premiers/1K". My call was answered in under 2 minutes.
Old Mar 15, 12, 11:18 am

Site still screwed up?

I recall the "new" UA site was all messed up a while back, with dead links and the like, but I thought for sure after nearly two weeks they would have fixed it by now!

I'm trying to get to the form for designating a million miler's companion, and I seem to be stuck in a do-loop universe.

When I get to the million miler page, I click on the link that allegedly is to take me to the form: united.com/MMcompanion.

Instead, it takes me back to the main page. Link seems not to work. So, I try "Alex". "She" says I should log in, then follow the link. I am already logged in. I try to tell her that, and she tells me how to log in. Total waste of time.

I'm inclined to call MP to see if they can handle it themselves, but I'm afraid I'll get the ICC, which will make my experience with broken links and do-loops seem like a smoothly oiled machine.

Any word on when they're likely to get their site fixed?
Old Mar 15, 12, 11:23 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by Counsellor View Post
I recall the "new" UA site was all messed up a while back, with dead links and the like, but I thought for sure after nearly two weeks they would have fixed it by now!

I'm trying to get to the form for designating a million miler's companion, and I seem to be stuck in a do-loop universe.

When I get to the million miler page, I click on the link that allegedly is to take me to the form: united.com/MMcompanion.

Instead, it takes me back to the main page. Link seems not to work. So, I try "Alex". "She" says I should log in, then follow the link. I am already logged in. I try to tell her that, and she tells me how to log in. Total waste of time.

I'm inclined to call MP to see if they can handle it themselves, but I'm afraid I'll get the ICC, which will make my experience with broken links and do-loops seem like a smoothly oiled machine.

See other answers in this thread...but you won't ever get the ICC for MP customer service..those agents are all in the US (if you can get through).
Old Mar 15, 12, 11:26 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Counsellor View Post
The word from UA is it will be sometime in April before new nominations will be accepted. Suspect they want to process the previous nominations they have already accepted prior to the conversion to the new site.
Old Mar 15, 12, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Just made the call on the back of my 1K MM card. The call started out with recordings, and then I said "agent" a couple of times and finally got put into the agent cue.... call was answered with a minute!!! Could not believe it happened so fast.

Anyway, I asked that my husband's status be matched (MM designee from January) and she was able to do it right away. I know the discussion has been what sort of status match we'd be seeing......would it be star gold, or would it be the exact level I current have.... Great result... he's now 1K... !! His new card will be coming after we return from Europe, but at least he shows 1K in the system now.

Just had to report the good news.
Old Mar 15, 12, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat; UA GS (via MM companion); SPG
Originally Posted by sim510 View Post
Just made the call on the back of my 1K MM card. The call started out with recordings, and then I said "agent" a couple of times and finally got put into the agent cue.... call was answered with a minute!!! Could not believe it happened so fast.

Anyway, I asked that my husband's status be matched (MM designee from January) and she was able to do it right away. I know the discussion has been what sort of status match we'd be seeing......would it be star gold, or would it be the exact level I current have.... Great result... he's now 1K... !! His new card will be coming after we return from Europe, but at least he shows 1K in the system now.

Thanks!

Based on this, I just called in to get my status bumped up to GS via the MM companion match.

Interestingly, I had been pre-registered and approved under thanksamillion on Dec 31 using PMUA account #s, but the agent could not see my (new-style OP #) account registered to the 1MM GS's (new-style OP #) account on the new system. Also she said that while she could register it, I wouldn't see anything until next week... well, about 10 seconds in, after I had provided both NEW account numbers, she said, "Oh! Now your account is showing up as the companion of the 1MM. Funny, it wasn't showing before." So these systems seem a little glitchy, or the act of looking it up is triggering the match, or something.

I then logged in and out online, and voila, I was shown as "Global Services" on the summary page.

EDIT: This page is now updated and also shows GS. -----------I did note the following though, on the "All Account Activity" page, it still says "Premier 1K".

-- Also, did they say new creds would be mailed out automagically? I forgot to ask about that part. EDIT: Called back, they looked, and said it had already been mailed on 3/13 (!) So it looks like the status match had already gone through automatically, but some glitch was not displaying the new status on my acct page until today's call. Huh.

Anyway, ^^ for UA being willing to push this through on the schedule Shannon quoted ("a week or two after 3/3"), and for matching GS.

Last edited by flyer215; Mar 15, 12 at 3:41 pm
Old Mar 15, 12, 2:11 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
I can also report that calling the Mileage Plus desk pushes the spousal status match along...instantly. (We filled out the form in January) Nice! I have to change my FT signature to read 1K now.

And I would also be interested in knowing whether the new cards process and mail automatically as well. I forgot to ask.
Old Mar 15, 12, 2:22 pm

Programs: Too many
Success

After reading this I called and within 2 minutes my wife was listed as 1K. I had filled out the info to match online back last year when they first opened the site. Agent said as of Sunday they have new tools available to them and this was one of them.

Hold time was less than 30 seconds and agent was very friendly. Definitely US based. ^
Old Mar 15, 12, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG lifetime Gold
+1

Thanks for the suggestion!

I called and they made my spouse a 1K with a keystroke! Thanks United!
Old Mar 15, 12, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
Originally Posted by sim510 View Post

I'm surprised your husband got 1K status. According to UA, 1MM could confer gold status; 2MM, platinum; 3MM, 1K; and 4MM, GS.

If you are a 1MM, it should have been gold status.
Old Mar 15, 12, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by honmani2 View Post
I'm surprised your husband got 1K status. According to UA, 1MM could confer gold status; 2MM, platinum; 3MM, 1K; and 4MM, GS.

If you are a 1MM, it should have been gold status.
Not correct. From this page: http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/cont.../lifetime.aspx

As a Million Miler you may invite your spouse or significant other to share your current Premier status. This membership is non-transferable and will automatically renew each year unless you let us know otherwise.
Add me to the list of people who were able to get this processed in a few minutes over the phone today ^
Old Mar 15, 12, 3:09 pm

Programs: EXP
Thanks for the tip, wifey is 1K now ^ No need to get those credit card benefits anymore

Search this Thread
Search Engine: