Million Miler companion benefit

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 15, 19, 7:15 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
To register a companion www.united.com/MMcompanion or www.mileageplus.com/thanksamillion

First companion choice section takes place immediately. Changing companion must be done before end of November and takes effect in the first week of January. You can have only 1 designated MM companion. If you don't make a change, the previously selected companion will remain in place.

While rules suggests the companion has to reside at the same address as elite, in practice, neither same address or same last name is needed.

The companion has all the same privileges / status as the MM elite but will not receive RPUs or GPUs based on the companion status.

See Million Miler program for more
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 12, 12, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
They've said on many occasions not to expect the spouse benefit to kick in until late march. take a chill pill
Old Mar 12, 12, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat; UA GS (via MM companion); SPG
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
They've said on many occasions not to expect the spouse benefit to kick in until late march. take a chill pill
Not LATE March, but:

Status for Million Miler companions will not be updated until mid-March. Status for Million Miler companions that were designated on the subsidiary United system, will take up to two weeks to reflect. Once the status is updated, new credentials will be mailed to the member
So, that's 3/17 as the latest date, per UA_Insider.
Old Mar 12, 12, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And the latest from UAInsider was if you nominated from the UA site pre merger it may not happen until sometime in April. Sorry, can't find the post but I did read it.
Old Mar 12, 12, 12:44 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Baze View Post
And the latest from UAInsider was if you nominated from the UA site pre merger it may not happen until sometime in April. Sorry, can't find the post but I did read it.
was April for previous nominations or when nominations will be re-opened?
Old Mar 12, 12, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA
They really should not have done all those things at the same time. I don't get it why they could not have figured out the elites either before or after the system merger but not at the same time. And then with all the merger related issues and the problems around re ticketing its just overwhelming.

Even the GS lines are too busy to handle the traffic. I have one SWU that got dropped during the conversion but won't even bother calling until 1-2 weeks later. I dropped and email to them about something else (still missing my GS card) and did not even get a reply yet acknowledging they got the email.

I hope things will calm down in a couple of weeks. It was a huge project and in general UA is operational but looks like the fallout will create a backlog for weeks to come.
Old Mar 12, 12, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
was April for previous nominations or when nominations will be re-opened?
Can't for the life of me find it but did find a couple referring to nominations on hold until April. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong. Wouldn't be the first time sorry if I am wrong. Just so vividly remember reading it. My wife will be my test case. Nominated her in January. So will see when her new status kicks in.
Old Mar 12, 12, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat; UA GS (via MM companion); SPG
Can't for the life of me find it but did find a couple referring to nominations on hold until April. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong. Wouldn't be the first time sorry if I am wrong. Just so vividly remember reading it. My wife will be my test case. Nominated her in January. So will see when her new status kicks in.
The "April" thing was reported by someone who spoke to a random CS agent on the phone. Also the nomination thing might not re-open til then, IIRC.

The UA_Insider comments on mid-March date from last week, so I think we should take that as the plan until told otherwise, or it passes without status match occurring.
Old Mar 12, 12, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
If you are willing to put up with long phone waits, call Mileage Plus now. They can process the request on the spot--at least they did for me. I'm a brand new MMer and I nominated my wife in January. I think, though, based on what I heard the agent doing, that the previous nomination wasn't necessary to process it today.
Old Mar 12, 12, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyer215 View Post
The "April" thing was reported by someone who spoke to a random CS agent on the phone. Also the nomination thing might not re-open til then, IIRC.

The UA_Insider comments on mid-March date from last week, so I think we should take that as the plan until told otherwise, or it passes without status match occurring.
Thanks. I have a memory like a steel sieve. Guess that's not one of the items that landed on a cross piece.
Old Mar 12, 12, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
I'm the one who reported that the CS rep said early April. Hoping it's sooner than that. Husband and I will leave this weekend for Europe. He 'needs' that new status (he is currently 2P) to get baggage allowances we'll need on return.
Old Mar 12, 12, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by sim510 View Post
I'm the one who reported that the CS rep said early April. Hoping it's sooner than that. Husband and I will leave this weekend for Europe. He 'needs' that new status (he is currently 2P) to get baggage allowances we'll need on return.
Note that UA Insider noted on one of the threads that if you had travel before that date, to just a PM and they could likely work some magic.
Old Mar 12, 12, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
My significant other has my status today.
Old Mar 15, 12, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by mymiles2go View Post
Note that UA Insider noted on one of the threads that if you had travel before that date, to just a PM and they could likely work some magic.
Tried PMing and didn't get a response so I took matters into my own hands by calling premier mileage plus CS. They fixed the problem and changed my status immediately. See my previous post in this thread about it. HTH
Old Mar 15, 12, 12:30 am

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by pigx5 View Post
My significant other has my status today.
Just checked...no go here for my SO...will check again when I get to HKG....
Old Mar 15, 12, 7:33 am

I had the same issue, called Mileage Plus, and my partner's status was adjusted within seconds.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: