Million Miler companion benefit

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 24, 20, 2:40 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
To register a companion www.united.com/MMcompanion or www.mileageplus.com/thanksamillion

First companion choice section takes place immediately. Changing companion must be done before end of November and takes effect in the first week of January. You can have only 1 designated MM companion. If you don't make a change, the previously selected companion will remain in place.

While rules suggests the companion has to reside at the same address as elite, in practice, neither same address or same last name is needed.

The companion has all the same privileges / status as the MM elite but will not receive PlusPoints (before 2020 RPUs or GPUs) based on the companion status.

See Million Miler program for more
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 9, 12, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
1K + 1MM = RPU/GPUs for Spouse?

Hello,

I'm a 1K and just designated my spouse for the 1MM benefit. I know she gets bumped up to my 1K status, but does she also receive her own RPU/GPUs? On the phone I was told yes by UA; but her account shows none.

Thank you.
Old Mar 9, 12, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mwix View Post
Hello,

I'm a 1K and just designated my spouse for the 1MM benefit. I know she gets bumped up to my 1K status, but does she also receive her own RPU/GPUs? On the phone I was told yes by UA; but her account shows none.

Thank you.
Short answer is no unless she earns them on her own.
Old Mar 9, 12, 9:03 am

Programs: United 1K (after 15 years GS) 3MM, Marriott LTTitanium
???

Originally Posted by kevanyalowitz View Post
Per the GS materials I received it appears GS MM can nominate someone to GS. That seems a bit rich to me and will only further grow the GS pool.
Is this different from the MM "spouse" nomination? Can it be anyone?

If so, that would gall me.
Old Mar 9, 12, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 4.1MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak S+; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by sim510 View Post
Does your packet say, in writing, that the GS level will be granted? Or does your packet say something about 'matching your lifetime status' for your spouse? I'm asking because I'm MM1K and after talking with UA rep, I firmly believe that my husband will get star gold, not 1K... so he will be matched to my 'lifetime status' not to my 'current level'. I'll be anxious to see what actually happens when those credentials get mailed out to nominees in late March/early April (according to rep).

I've sent email(s) to 1k voice and gotten the response about lifetime status matching, which is NOT the same as 'current level' matching. The language that used to be on the UA site is (of course) gone... the 'current level' language, that is.

Time will tell...
Spouse/partners of MMs are granted the current level of the MMer. So if the MMer is GS, the designee is GS. If the MMer drops to a lower level in a future year, so does the designee. This has been verified by UA Insider twice - once on a post on FT and again in a PM to me.
Old Mar 9, 12, 9:26 am

Programs: UA MP 1K
As a MM, I nominated my wife some time ago and she is flying today to LHR, but her BP (and the web site) shows her as * Silver. But this is odd--last year she was a GM and she should now be a 1K (as per my status), *G. Another glitch in the system?
Old Mar 10, 12, 10:35 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United 1K, MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire
Million Miler "Companion" definition

If you go by this definition (2) of "Significant Other," it may broaden the selection for the Companion Benefit assuming that their Mileage Plus address is the same as the MM.

The definition of "significant other" is defined by Fairplex Dictionary as:
significant other
n.
1. A person, such as a spouse or lover, with whom one shares a long-term sexual relationship.
2. A person, such as a family member or close friend, who is important or influential in one's life
Old Mar 10, 12, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pdxtraveller View Post
If you go by this definition (2) of "Significant Other," it may broaden the selection for the Companion Benefit assuming that their Mileage Plus address is the same as the MM.

significant other
n.
1. A person, such as a spouse or lover, with whom one shares a long-term sexual relationship.
2. A person, such as a family member or close friend, who is important or influential in one's life
Except UA specifically states residing at the same address and the benefit can not be given to other family members such as siblings, children, parents.
Old Mar 10, 12, 12:59 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United 1K, MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxtraveller

significant other
n.

Originally Posted by Baze View Post
Except UA specifically states residing at the same address and the benefit can not be given to other family members such as siblings, children, parents.
Yes-- I was trying to point out that there are people other than spouses, children and family who meet the definition of "significant other"
2. A person, ....., who is important or influential in one's life
(leaving out the examples of "family member or close friend," still could include many classifications of "acquaintances" who reside at the MM Mileage address.
Old Mar 10, 12, 1:11 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Discoverist
Honestly

How can they tell if it's your kids or spouse if it's the same address?
Old Mar 10, 12, 10:00 pm

partner/spouse status

has anyone gotten the match yet?
Old Mar 10, 12, 11:37 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not me, I read in one of the UALinsider posts here that it won't start happening before the middle of the month and we aren't quite there yet.
Old Mar 11, 12, 2:32 pm

Thanks!

Thanks for the instructions JCM9608! The Million Mile Companion site (www.united.com/mmcompanion) was down and we are travelling soon so I followed JCM9608's instructions and called the premier priority desk number, cited my husband's number, then, when prompted: "mileage plus", "agent", "agent queue" and was speaking to an agent within three minutes. The agent did something on his computer and told me my new status will be reflected in three days time. Thanks again!
Old Mar 12, 12, 10:14 am

Programs: UA - million Miler
Premier Gold line - OUTRAGEOUS

I've been trying to reach an agent on the Premier Gold line for a week. To be fair, I emailed United a week ago regarding my issue and no response yet.

Issue, I am a MM and nominated my wife for GOLD. Her online status is "member" and not GOLD. Thus far no card, not even a "member" card, let alone a GOLD card. I racked up my final MM miles last year to lock this status in.

When I call the Premier Gold customer line, and after going through the menus, the recorded agent says - all agents are busy - call back later and hangs up. Not even an option to hold-on and wait.

Glad the merger is improving things. This is OUTRAGEOUS.
Old Mar 12, 12, 10:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
You could have saved yourself all that time - see this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hread-pss.html

This benefit isn't being implemented until "mid March" - basically any day now.
Old Mar 12, 12, 11:04 am

Programs: UA - million Miler
Originally Posted by star_world View Post
You could have saved yourself all that time - see this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hread-pss.html

This benefit isn't being implemented until "mid March" - basically any day now.
OK on Mid-March - but she hasn't even gotten a BLUE card yet. I ran a Mileage Run to BKK to get the MM status which was a sore point at home. Promising her lifetime gold was part of the "deal" to allow me back into the house. ( )

Search this Thread
Search Engine: