Million Miler companion benefit

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 24, 20, 2:40 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
To register a companion www.united.com/MMcompanion or www.mileageplus.com/thanksamillion

First companion choice section takes place immediately. Changing companion must be done before end of November and takes effect in the first week of January. You can have only 1 designated MM companion. If you don't make a change, the previously selected companion will remain in place.

While rules suggests the companion has to reside at the same address as elite, in practice, neither same address or same last name is needed.

The companion has all the same privileges / status as the MM elite but will not receive PlusPoints (before 2020 RPUs or GPUs) based on the companion status.

See Million Miler program for more
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 12, 13, 2:44 pm

I make million miles for flight on Saturday!!! Do you think my husband will be able to use his new status on return flight week later?
Thought I had it already but I realized I was counting in bonus miles for a recent flight from HNL TO EWR, but only actual miles counted to MM

I was platinum on Continental for many years but changed jobs and wasn't flying to Japan anymore so slowed me down
Will be very pleased for both of us to be gold
Old Feb 12, 13, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, WN A-List, Southwest happy companion pass designee
Originally Posted by jerseygirl View Post
I make million miles for flight on Saturday!!! Do you think my husband will be able to use his new status on return flight week later?
I wouldn't count on it. It took several days for the miles from my final flight to post to my account and show lifetime balance > 1M. Then I was able to select companion online immediately. But then a long wait before it showed MM and Gold, respectively, in our accounts.
Old Feb 14, 13, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by woodway View Post
I received my 1K kit a couple weeks ago. My wife, my 1MM companion last year (and no change for 2013) still has not received her kit.
Received my 2013 credentials in late January, and the Companion package on Feb 9th.
Old Mar 1, 13, 9:27 am

Million Mile clarification

So my wife, who was a Premier Silver, just rolled over a million miles, and her MP status upgraded to Premier Gold. She enrolled me as her companion (I was not a Premier), and my status changed to Premier Silver. My understanding is that I would also be Premier Gold.

Am I missing something here, or has MP goofed this up? If they goofed it up, what is the best way to fix it? The MP website states that the companion shall have the same status as the million miler.

Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 13, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM
In the ideal world, could be fixed by a simple phone call to MP. That is how I got my wife's companion status fixed last year. I will not promise that this is the ideal world
Old Mar 1, 13, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wildbill412007 View Post
In the ideal world, could be fixed by a simple phone call to MP. That is how I got my wife's companion status fixed last year. I will not promise that this is the ideal world
Agree. It should be that simple.
Old Mar 1, 13, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just send a note to MP service center. I bet it'll be fixed relatively fast. State issue and inlclude both your MP #s.
Old Mar 1, 13, 10:24 am

Programs: CO Platinum
Sorry to go slightly OT here but does anyone know if you have to assign your SO right away or do you have some time for that?
To explain - you attain MM status but have no SO to designate at that time, a year later you do. Is there a window?
Old Mar 1, 13, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Russell745 View Post
Sorry to go slightly OT here but does anyone know if you have to assign your SO right away or do you have some time for that?
To explain - you attain MM status but have no SO to designate at that time, a year later you do. Is there a window?
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...828E24728484DE

See FAQ #6.
Old Mar 1, 13, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by don731 View Post
So my wife, who was a Premier Silver, just rolled over a million miles, and her MP status upgraded to Premier Gold. She enrolled me as her companion (I was not a Premier), and my status changed to Premier Silver. My understanding is that I would also be Premier
Thanks!
same happened to my husband, he went to silver for about a week then to gold, I didn,t call but this was solved but not as quickly as we thought
I became million miler after first flight to vacation and on return he was just silver so no upgrade, gold 'arrived' a week later
Old Mar 1, 13, 12:00 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by don731 View Post
So my wife, who was a Premier Silver, just rolled over a million miles, and her MP status upgraded to Premier Gold. She enrolled me as her companion (I was not a Premier), and my status changed to Premier Silver. My understanding is that I would also be Premier Gold.

Am I missing something here, or has MP goofed this up? If they goofed it up, what is the best way to fix it? The MP website states that the companion shall have the same status as the million miler.

Thanks!
Give it a few days as when I MM matched my 1k status to goalie-dad, it showed him as Premier-Silver for two days and then it switched over to him showing as 1k and if it doesn't take after that, then I would call
Old Sep 30, 13, 10:39 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Spouse benefits for Million Milers

In previous years, I was pleasantly surprised to find that my spouse was given a set of Regional and Global Premier upgrades when I hit 1K.

She does not travel much, so this was a windfall for me since I was able to use her and my upgrades to keep me consistently upgraded on long flights and still have some left for when we traveled together.

I did not travel much last year with the birth of twins, but this year I'm back at 1K.

However, I notice that my spouse does not have a set of upgrades sitting in her account.

Is this a change or I have I completely lost my memory and mind after having two babies?
Old Sep 30, 13, 10:44 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant View Post
In previous years, I was pleasantly surprised to find that my spouse was given a set of Regional and Global Premier upgrades when I hit 1K. ...
never happened to my spouse and in other threads on this, that has been the experience of others (no cert for companion matched account).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...n-benefit.html
Old Sep 30, 13, 11:10 am

Programs: None - previously UA
At least one other reported the same (that their spouse recieved upgrades) :

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18129490-post1.html
Old Sep 30, 13, 11:20 am
Community Director

My husband shares my status thanks to my two million miler level, which is a great thing. However he did not receive any annual upgrades.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: