Million Miler companion benefit

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 24, 20, 2:40 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
To register a companion www.united.com/MMcompanion or www.mileageplus.com/thanksamillion

First companion choice section takes place immediately. Changing companion must be done before end of November and takes effect in the first week of January. You can have only 1 designated MM companion. If you don't make a change, the previously selected companion will remain in place.

While rules suggests the companion has to reside at the same address as elite, in practice, neither same address or same last name is needed.

The companion has all the same privileges / status as the MM elite but will not receive PlusPoints (before 2020 RPUs or GPUs) based on the companion status.

See Million Miler program for more
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 13, 13, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by c.l.i.a View Post
Can anyone confirm whether the new (2013) membership card for the compenion has been mailed? I received my 1K card a couple of weeks ago but my "compenion" has not. No change of nominee in my case. Thanks.
No dice for my wife yet

Of course I don't have my old fashioned self-earned kit yet either
Old Jan 13, 13, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by c.l.i.a View Post
Can anyone confirm whether the new (2013) membership card for the compenion has been mailed? I received my 1K card a couple of weeks ago but my "compenion" has not. No change of nominee in my case. Thanks.
Nothing for my wife either. My kit came before the New Year, but no sign of hers. (also no change in companion)
Old Jan 13, 13, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
Thanks, I just called MP service desk and confirmed that the companion card has NOT been processed yet. The agent requested one but told me that there would be no guarantee when it arrives.

I tried to print a duplicate card. But the image of the card still shows expiring on 1/31/2013 (instead of 1/31/2014).
Old Jan 13, 13, 11:43 pm

Programs: United 1K, Velocity Gold, HH Diamond, Priority Club Spire, Ambassador, Marriott Platinum
[QUOTE=UA-NYC;20026944]Ridiculous - I checked the Wayback Machine; Sept 19th was the last date of 2012 available. DEFINITELY no reference to Nov. 30th.

http://web.archive.org/web/201206041.../lifetime.aspx

Fine if they want to make that clear going forward, but it better not be used as a reason against the companion nom I'm working on...

Thank you so much for posting this tidbit.
Old Jan 16, 13, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
Just had an email reply to my note to MP - now they say the 19th will be the day they definitely, absolutely, promise to update the status
Update - my BIL is now showing as a 1K. My MIL (who had nominated someone else last year, and then switched to my BIL for 2013) caused this to be one of the "difficult cases".

Good luck to anyone still fighting to push this through...
Old Jan 16, 13, 4:58 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to give you an update on the status of some of your Million Miler companion nominations—as some of you have noticed we have begun processing these in earnest and we aim to have the majority of the membership kits in home by the end of January.

Also, if you changed or made a new companion nomination between December 1 and December 30, 2012, it will be count toward 2013 status. Earlier this month, we did indeed update our policy to allow changes to companion nominations up to November 30 of each year, instead of December 30. However, rest assured that this update only applies to changes going forward, not retroactively.

A little bit of background on the new policy: we moved the date back by a month because it help us to more quickly process these nominations near the end of the year, meaning companions can take advantage of their status during the first week of January.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager – Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Old Jan 16, 13, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the update Aaron!
Old Jan 16, 13, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K
This is confusing to someone who didn't pay attention to all of these issues. I was 1K last year and will be 1K this year (and MM). Last year I nominated my wife. May I safely presume that without any action, she will be 1K again this year?
Old Jan 16, 13, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by euslaner View Post
This is confusing to someone who didn't pay attention to all of these issues. I was 1K last year and will be 1K this year (and MM). Last year I nominated my wife. May I safely presume that without any action, she will be 1K again this year?
Yes - from reading the T&Cs, it rolls over each year unless you now update them by 11/30 to specify otherwise
Old Jan 16, 13, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by UA Insider View Post

Also, if you changed or made a new companion nomination between December 1 and December 30, 2012, it will be count toward 2013 status. Earlier this month, we did indeed update our policy to allow changes to companion nominations up to November 30 of each year, instead of December 30. However, rest assured that this update only applies to changes going forward, not retroactively.

A little bit of background on the new policy: we moved the date back by a month because it help us to more quickly process these nominations near the end of the year, meaning companions can take advantage of their status during the first week of January.

Aaron Goldberg
United Airlines
As someone on the final approach to MM i want to thank you for the update.
Old Jan 16, 13, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by Beerman92 View Post
If both members are MMs what's the best process to change who is considered the companion when status fluctuates? If Mrs. FF is MM but only 1P and Mr. FF is MM and 1K it would make sense for Mrs. FF to be the companion. What happens if the next year Mrs. FF earns 1K while Mr. FF drops to 1P?
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
You flip it - call it in by 12/30 (that's what they said you had to do for this year).
I wonder why it wouldn't work to have each MM designate the other as a companion? Might get two sets of credentials, but the system would should (yes I know this is SHARES) select the higher status.
Old Jan 16, 13, 8:07 pm

Programs: United 1K, Velocity Gold, HH Diamond, Priority Club Spire, Ambassador, Marriott Platinum
Thumbs up Huge news!

Originally Posted by UA Insider View Post
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to give you an update on the status of some of your Million Miler companion nominations—as some of you have noticed we have begun processing these in earnest and we aim to have the majority of the membership kits in home by the end of January.

Aaron Goldberg
United Airlines
Thank you very much Aaron. I look forward to my companion change posting sooner than later.
Old Feb 12, 13, 12:53 pm

Programs: United mileage Plus 1k and Million Miler, Krisflyer, Air New Zealand, Qantas, Virgin
I haven't received my 1k and MillionMiler card yet? It's middle of February. I don't see any way to nominate my wife to the MM club status she deserves and I have a right to?

On good faith, I've booked 60k already this year on United.

Do you supposed I'll have a card to carry on these flights?

Should I book the rest of this year's flights on another carrier?

I know the CEO thinks we MM and 1Ks are over compenstated, but it really would be nice if they tried a little harder to keep our loyalty.
Old Feb 12, 13, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, WN A-List, Southwest happy companion pass designee
Originally Posted by syrahnose View Post
I haven't received my 1k and MillionMiler card yet? It's middle of February. I don't see any way to nominate my wife to the MM club status she deserves and I have a right to?

On good faith, I've booked 60k already this year on United.

Do you supposed I'll have a card to carry on these flights?

Should I book the rest of this year's flights on another carrier?

I know the CEO thinks we MM and 1Ks are over compenstated, but it really would be nice if they tried a little harder to keep our loyalty.
When did you hit MM status? And have you gone to united.com/MMcompanion yet? When I hit the right mileage, I immediately went to the website and was able to select my companion (even before MM showed in my online status). Status didn't show up in our accounts for a few weeks (apparently this is done manually). However, when going back to the website to name her again to be safe, it showed her name and said I had already made my selection.

I was dropping from 1K to Gold, so think they waited until February 1 to adjust both of our accounts. Online mine now shows MM and hers shows Gold. And if I go to "print a card" online, it shows the right status for both of us. We haven't received physical cards yet.

--Arun Baheti
Old Feb 12, 13, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA*G, UA 1MM, AS MVPG, DL PM
I received my 1K kit a couple weeks ago. My wife, my 1MM companion last year (and no change for 2013) still has not received her kit.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: