Million Miler companion benefit

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 24, 20, 2:40 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
To register a companion www.united.com/MMcompanion or www.mileageplus.com/thanksamillion

First companion choice section takes place immediately. Changing companion must be done before end of November and takes effect in the first week of January. You can have only 1 designated MM companion. If you don't make a change, the previously selected companion will remain in place.

While rules suggests the companion has to reside at the same address as elite, in practice, neither same address or same last name is needed.

The companion has all the same privileges / status as the MM elite but will not receive PlusPoints (before 2020 RPUs or GPUs) based on the companion status.

See Million Miler program for more
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 10, 13, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer View Post
The system seems to work now.

My companion's status has been reflected since this morning.
Careful on blanket statements My BIL is still waiting for his status to show correctly. Maybe you have a stronger SHARES hamster than I do...

Did you change the companion from last year, or is it the same? The former seems to be the issue.
Old Jan 10, 13, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS, AA*EXP, Hyatt*Globalist
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
Careful on blanket statements My BIL is still waiting for his status to show correctly. Maybe you have a stronger SHARES hamster than I do...

Did you change the companion from last year, or is it the same? The former seems to be the issue.
I did change from last year's companion. I did write to M+ twice since the beginning of the year to complain about the delay and M+ agent did tell me they will try to reflect the correct status "ASAP".
Old Jan 10, 13, 11:56 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, SPG Platinum
Still not updated

With a companion change from last year, it is still not reflecting the new status here either.
Old Jan 10, 13, 12:25 pm

Programs: United 1K, Velocity Gold, HH Diamond, Priority Club Spire, Ambassador, Marriott Platinum
Companion change

Mileage Plus wasn't kidding around about the Nov. 30th requirement for change. Unfortunately I asked for the change December 15th.

Ex-companion showing as 1K, new companion registered under the enrollment link but still showing general member.

Kicking myself that I did not read the fine print until it was too late.

6.You may change the companion on your account; however the change will not be in effect until January 1 of the following year. All change requests must be made by November 30 (for changes to existing companion nominations) or December 30 (for first-time nominations) to be effective for the following year. MileagePlus will not be able to accept changes to existing companion nominations during the month of December.
Old Jan 10, 13, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by PebbleBeach View Post
Mileage Plus wasn't kidding around about the Nov. 30th requirement for change. Unfortunately I asked for the change December 15th.

Ex-companion showing as 1K, new companion registered under the enrollment link but still showing general member.

Kicking myself that I did not read the fine print until it was too late.

6.You may change the companion on your account; however the change will not be in effect until January 1 of the following year. All change requests must be made by November 30 (for changes to existing companion nominations) or December 30 (for first-time nominations) to be effective for the following year. MileagePlus will not be able to accept changes to existing companion nominations during the month of December.

Ridiculous. They had 30 days to take care of this, and still failed. What a joke
Old Jan 10, 13, 1:02 pm

Programs: United 1K, Velocity Gold, HH Diamond, Priority Club Spire, Ambassador, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by HumbleBee View Post
Ridiculous. They had 30 days to take care of this, and still failed. What a joke
I appreciate the reply. I did not request a new companion until 12/15/12, so I am indeed taking responsibility.

When I go to the Million Miler enrollment page, my new companion is registered.
Old Jan 10, 13, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by PebbleBeach View Post
I appreciate the reply. I did not request a new companion until 12/15/12, so I am indeed taking responsibility.

When I go to the Million Miler enrollment page, my new companion is registered.
I didn't realize there was a requirement to enroll pre 11/30. Since there is, they had a full 30 days before 1/1 to do it and still failed. Inexcusable
Old Jan 10, 13, 7:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by HumbleBee View Post
I didn't realize there was a requirement to enroll pre 11/30. Since there is, they had a full 30 days before 1/1 to do it and still failed. Inexcusable
Don't felt bad, the November date was retroactively posted. On Dec 31, 2012 the site stated the request could be made as late as Dec 30 annually -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19950514-post255.html (post #255)

Nice to be able to change the rules after the fact and then use it as the justification
Old Jan 11, 13, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Don't felt bad, the November date was retroactively posted. On Dec 31, 2012 the site stated the request could be made as late as Dec 30 annually -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19950514-post255.html (post #255)

Nice to be able to change the rules after the fact and then use it as the justification
That's really scummy
Old Jan 11, 13, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC

Yeah, this 11/30 date was news to me. I called in late November to change a companion, and they said to do it "close to the end of the year". I did it on 12/28 or so, aware of the 12/30 deadline.

11 days into the new year, still not updated w/new status
Old Jan 11, 13, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gmen211 View Post
Just got off the phone with United and they said all changes should be done by friday the 12th. Will see....
Um... January 12th is a Saturday. United seems to be spouting out dates just to apease their customers again. It is Friday... the 11th... still no resolution for me.
Old Jan 11, 13, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
Yeah, this 11/30 date was news to me. I called in late November to change a companion, and they said to do it "close to the end of the year". I did it on 12/28 or so, aware of the 12/30 deadline.

11 days into the new year, still not updated w/new status
Wow, now I feel even more stupid. Good luck with your companion switch.
Old Jan 11, 13, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Update: As of now my issue has been resolved and companion shows correct status
Old Jan 11, 13, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ridiculous - I checked the Wayback Machine; Sept 19th was the last date of 2012 available. DEFINITELY no reference to Nov. 30th.

http://web.archive.org/web/201206041.../lifetime.aspx

Fine if they want to make that clear going forward, but it better not be used as a reason against the companion nom I'm working on...

Originally Posted by flyforever View Post
Um... January 12th is a Saturday. United seems to be spouting out dates just to apease their customers again. It is Friday... the 11th... still no resolution for me.
Just had an email reply to my note to MP - now they say the 19th will be the day they definitely, absolutely, promise to update the status

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 13, 13 at 12:21 pm Reason: merge
Old Jan 13, 13, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
Can anyone confirm whether the new (2013) membership card for the compenion has been mailed? I received my 1K card a couple of weeks ago but my "compenion" has not. No change of nominee in my case. Thanks.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: