Million Miler companion benefit

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 24, 20, 2:40 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
To register a companion www.united.com/MMcompanion or www.mileageplus.com/thanksamillion

First companion choice section takes place immediately. Changing companion must be done before end of November and takes effect in the first week of January. You can have only 1 designated MM companion. If you don't make a change, the previously selected companion will remain in place.

While rules suggests the companion has to reside at the same address as elite, in practice, neither same address or same last name is needed.

The companion has all the same privileges / status as the MM elite but will not receive PlusPoints (before 2020 RPUs or GPUs) based on the companion status.

See Million Miler program for more
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 31, 12, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Thanks all. I did read that before but was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience. Yet... I just realized that with the system being new and merged only in 2012 no one would have had previous experience yet. Sorry for the post...
Old Jan 1, 13, 8:38 am

Well... It's 1/1 and my companion still shows their former status. No automatic change yet. Anyone have success changing their companion for the new year?
Old Jan 1, 13, 8:56 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
When did you request the companion match?
Did you have a previous request in place?..
I signed up for it right when it became available but we never received any documentation. My spouse's status shows up as mine, the temp card lists her as 1K but despite repeated promises from good ol'UA we never got her credentials.

Or is this the usual trouble reserved for foreign elites by the all new CO?
Old Jan 1, 13, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flyforever View Post
Well... It's 1/1 and my companion still shows their former status. No automatic change yet. Anyone have success changing their companion for the new year?
Have the same issue for one of the companion matches I did - no change yet. Too bad as hoping they'd get the E+ selection bump with a 3 person PNR.
Old Jan 1, 13, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
Have the same issue for one of the companion matches I did - no change yet. Too bad as hoping they'd get the E+ selection bump with a 3 person PNR.
+1.
The newly nominated one still shows "MileagePlus Status Level: Member"
Old Jan 1, 13, 2:07 pm

Considering it's a once annually function, they probably planned to do it manually, and probably the responsible employees aren't working on the holidays.
Old Jan 1, 13, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by HumbleBee View Post
Considering it's a once annually function, they probably planned to do it manually, and probably the responsible employees aren't working on the holidays.
Then don't say in the T&C that it would be in effect on January 1.
Old Jan 1, 13, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by weero View Post
Or is this the usual trouble reserved for foreign elites by the all new CO?
Haven't received my 2013 card yet, either, nor the one for my "companion". Probably will be bulk-mailed from somewhere here in Europe in the next few weeks.
Old Jan 2, 13, 6:00 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i
Angry

I can't care less about this MM companion benefit crap.
Never used it. Never will.

I want my UA Premier Executive 1K pre-merger benefits back.

Old Jan 2, 13, 3:21 pm

I was given some info from a CSA on the phone today. They are having some issues with the system matching the status' but it should all be resolved on January 4th. We will see.
Old Jan 2, 13, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA - 1K MM, AA - EXP, DL & US - Kettle, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Gold, HiltonHonors - Gold
I did it in May and my companion got status online in about 36 hours, the card arrived within 2 weeks
Old Jan 3, 13, 6:23 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Life P 3MM, Hilton D, Hyatt D, R C/Marriott P, SPG Life P
Another useless year upon us with this CO benefit. We should at least have options as CO took away benefits UA members had to force this upon us. Had to get that in since it is 2013.
Old Jan 3, 13, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE View Post
Another useless year upon us with this CO benefit. We should at least have options as CO took away benefits UA members had to force this upon us.
+1

No reason they can't give us a choice on this one.
Old Jan 3, 13, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not useless to me. Ms. Trash sinks from Gold into GM hell February 1. Later in February, she zips past silver, gold, platinum on her way to 1k thanks to my reaching MM.
Old Jan 3, 13, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by scherzva View Post
I did it in May and my companion got status online in about 36 hours, the card arrived within 2 weeks
I called MP last Spring and w/i 36 seconds she was 1K receiving her card & stuff in about 2 weeks.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: