Million Miler companion benefit

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 24, 20, 2:40 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
To register a companion www.united.com/MMcompanion or www.mileageplus.com/thanksamillion

First companion choice section takes place immediately. Changing companion must be done before end of November and takes effect in the first week of January. You can have only 1 designated MM companion. If you don't make a change, the previously selected companion will remain in place.

While rules suggests the companion has to reside at the same address as elite, in practice, neither same address or same last name is needed.

The companion has all the same privileges / status as the MM elite but will not receive PlusPoints (before 2020 RPUs or GPUs) based on the companion status.

See Million Miler program for more
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 12, 12, 12:55 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Crossed over to mm status (miles posted yesterday) and nominated/sponsored goalie-dad at that time. It went thru and immediately showed him as "premier silver" but this morning his account is updated to 1k status.
Old Oct 12, 12, 1:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA PremEx-MM
Originally Posted by goalie View Post
Crossed over to mm status (miles posted yesterday) and nominated/sponsored goalie-dad at that time.
Good for you, goalie!
Old Oct 12, 12, 1:10 pm

Congratulations on achieving the MM status!
Old Oct 12, 12, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Crossed over to mm status (miles posted yesterday) and nominated/sponsored goalie-dad at that time. It went thru and immediately showed him as "premier silver" but this morning his account is updated to 1k status.
Congrats - but not sure if you want to post that here, if you check the T&Cs...
Old Oct 12, 12, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Congrats goalie!! Even though the meaning of MM has been devalued by the "new" UA, it is still a "badge of honor" for those of us road warriors still crazy enough to get on an aircraft! Here is to many more years of safe flying and tootsie pops!!
Old Oct 12, 12, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
"A companion is defined as a spouse, significant other or individual who resides at same home address, based on MileagePlus profile information."

If g-dad lives at same address as g, and he is not a conjoined twin, then g-dad is golden.

Originally Posted by 1KPath View Post
Congrats goalie!! Even though the meaning of MM has been devalued by the "new" UA, it is still a "badge of honor" for those of us road warriors still crazy enough to get on an aircraft! Here is to many more years of safe flying and tootsie pops!!
1K status has been useful for my wife.
Old Oct 12, 12, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry if this is posted upthread. I did not see it.

As of last year I have sponsored my wife. I believe we are supposed to renew the sponsorship annually. Will we getr something in email stating it is time to sponsor or responsor someone? Has anyone renewed their sponsorship of someone yet for 2013?
Old Oct 12, 12, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA 4.1MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak S+; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by Baze View Post

As of last year I have sponsored my wife. I believe we are supposed to renew the sponsorship annually. Will we getr something in email stating it is time to sponsor or responsor someone? Has anyone renewed their sponsorship of someone yet for 2013?
Negatron:
Your designated companion will automatically renew each year unless you let us know otherwise by December 30 of the current year.
Old Oct 12, 12, 5:31 pm
mab

Programs: UA GS 2Million, Marriott PP & LTPP, Amtrak Select Exec
Originally Posted by Baze View Post

I believe your sponsored co-inhabitant stays the same unless you actively change it.
Old Oct 12, 12, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mab View Post
I believe your sponsored co-inhabitant stays the same unless you actively change it.
Thank you. Guess I missed that last year.
Old Oct 12, 12, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by mre5765 View Post
I am happy it was for you...unfortunately my wife is a 2MM 1K on her own...so we, as a household, lost double the benefits!
Old Oct 12, 12, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Ah - that language has changed
Old Oct 14, 12, 4:48 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
Good for you, goalie!
Thanks

Originally Posted by Counsellor View Post
Congratulations on achieving the MM status!
Thanks

Originally Posted by 1KPath View Post
Thanks

Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
"A companion is defined as a spouse, significant other or individual who resides at same home address, based on MileagePlus profile information."

If g-dad lives at same address as g, and he is not a conjoined twin, then g-dad is golden.

Actually, I sadly had to move back home so same last name and same address is what makes it work
Old Dec 3, 12, 11:53 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, SPG Platinum
Million Miler Companion Controversy

Hello my dear FTr's,

A conundrum of sorts. Spouse A has 1+MM and started year 2012 as Gold. Spouse B has close to 1MM and started 2012 as a Plat. Spouse A began flying again in 2012 and will make 1K this year. Spouse A nominated Daughter for 1MM companion perks which have risen as Spouse A's miles/status has increased, so they now are both Plat, soon to both be 1Ks.

Spouse A wants to keep Daughter as companion , but Spouse B would like to be companion to get the 1K benefit. Spouse B will reach 1MM and get to nominate in the next couple of weeks. So, if Spouse A makes Spouse B (who made Plat for 2013 and will be 1MM in two weeks) the companion, then Spouse B nominates Daughter for companion, will Daughter be 1K or Plat or Gold?

Of course, the dilemma is Son is getting nothing in that scenario, whereas there is potential for the family to have two 1Ks and two Plats..... but Daughter would get 1K and Spouse stay at Plat.

Sincerely,

Spouse B
Old Dec 3, 12, 12:01 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
This sounds like a question from one of those logic puzzle books.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: