Million Miler companion benefit

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 24, 20, 2:40 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
To register a companion www.united.com/MMcompanion or www.mileageplus.com/thanksamillion

First companion choice section takes place immediately. Changing companion must be done before end of November and takes effect in the first week of January. You can have only 1 designated MM companion. If you don't make a change, the previously selected companion will remain in place.

While rules suggests the companion has to reside at the same address as elite, in practice, neither same address or same last name is needed.

The companion has all the same privileges / status as the MM elite but will not receive PlusPoints (before 2020 RPUs or GPUs) based on the companion status.

See Million Miler program for more
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 22, 12, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by u600213 View Post
My wife who had no status last year and did not receive a 2012 card, got her 1K card yesterday. I got her 10 drink chits. Since they had previously sent me the wrong package (1K instead of 1K MM) I got 20 plus her 10. This will be useful with the new UDU rules and 1/2 my flights being CRJ200 or E145.
I similarly now have 30 drink chits. I don't drink much on planes so we'll see how many I go through. I still have some on the non-expiring ones.
Old Apr 22, 12, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
Companion showing as Silver I'm a 1MM so waiting for the correction ..then agian waiting a month for a refund and mileage service award so could be a long wait
Old Apr 22, 12, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by star_world View Post
You could have saved yourself all that time - see this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hread-pss.html

This benefit isn't being implemented until "mid March" - basically any day now.
The link on-line is live now.
Old Apr 22, 12, 7:03 pm

Question regarding spouse status

I am a mm so have a gold card but my actual miles only qualify for silver status so far. Does my spouse qualify for a gold card or only a silver?
Old Apr 22, 12, 10:46 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Added a companion this morning. In less than 12 hours, her new 1K status is already in her profile. That is fast!
Old Apr 22, 12, 10:48 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by dcpremex View Post
I am a mm so have a gold card but my actual miles only qualify for silver status so far. Does my spouse qualify for a gold card or only a silver?
as an 1MM, your min status is Gold, your companion will be match to your present status -- Gold.
Old Apr 23, 12, 2:45 am

Since the site is finally back up, I nominated my SO. Got email confirmation quickly and checked the status of the account. While I'm "Premier 1K elite", my SO is "Premier Silver". I suspect, reading this thread, that it's only a matter of time until the issue is fixed...
Old Apr 23, 12, 5:18 am

Same here. While I am 1K my companion is Silver. It says to wait for 48 hours.Let's see.
Old Apr 23, 12, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Nominated my wife more than 4 months ago online at the old UA website . She finally has received her 1K card by mail this morning ^
Old Apr 23, 12, 11:23 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by GordonGordon View Post
Nominated my wife more than 4 months ago online at the old UA website . She finally has received her 1K card by mail this morning ^
+1
Old Apr 23, 12, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Question

Does nominated 1K also earn a 100% mileage bonus on UA, LH, NH, US and AC flight?

My wife recently took AC but she did not get the 100% mileage bonus like what .bomb website says:

If you’re a MileagePlus Premier member, you’ll be recognized as a Premier member when flying Air Canada.

Premier Silver members earn a 25% mileage bonus, and receive Star Alliance® Silver benefits.
Premier Gold members earn a 50% mileage bonus and receive Star Alliance Gold benefits.
Premier Platinum members earn a 75% mileage bonus and receive Star Alliance Gold benefits.
Premier 1K® members earn a 100% mileage bonus, and receive Star Alliance Gold benefits.

Should my wife call and ask UA about that?
Old Apr 23, 12, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Platinum Preferred
Originally Posted by freeflyin View Post
+1
+1 for my SO today.
Old Apr 24, 12, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
as an 1MM, your min status is Gold, your companion will be match to your present status -- Gold.
Just checked on line and they gave my wife Gold - thanks
Old Apr 24, 12, 2:26 pm
J-H

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AA EXP
Million Miler with wife and two kids...UDU

Hi everyone!

I just designated Mrs. J-H as MM companion (I missed the Mar deadline so did it today when the MM companion link seems to have been fixed). Does anyone know what the timing is for her to receive her new 1P card? Seems like the pre-PSS integration designated MM companion cards were shipped Fedex, but I somehow doubt this is the case now. I was 1K for 8 years and never received the 1K card Fedex.

Also, since wife is also 1P (Premier Gold, I guess it the 1P replacement) - does this mean that if I book a single reservation with four people (wife plus two kids), would we all go to the UDU Q automatically? The website seems to indicate that you need to separate the reservation in to two separate ones...

Any help appreciated. Many thanks!
Old Apr 24, 12, 2:36 pm

Yes, I believe you would need to split the PNR, each with one child.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: