Million Miler companion benefit

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 24, 20, 2:40 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
To register a companion www.united.com/MMcompanion or www.mileageplus.com/thanksamillion

First companion choice section takes place immediately. Changing companion must be done before end of November and takes effect in the first week of January. You can have only 1 designated MM companion. If you don't make a change, the previously selected companion will remain in place.

While rules suggests the companion has to reside at the same address as elite, in practice, neither same address or same last name is needed.

The companion has all the same privileges / status as the MM elite but will not receive PlusPoints (before 2020 RPUs or GPUs) based on the companion status.

See Million Miler program for more
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 18, 12, 4:42 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by syrahnose View Post
Last December MP sent me a notice that I had reach MM status and I could nominate a partner for gold card status. Great. I filled out the form with my wife's MP number and sent via snail mail and email.

no one seems to know anything about this. Said go to web page, but then they realized it didn't work I could hear them throwing up their hands in frustration.
Or perhaps just throwing up? In our case it's kinda moot for now. Ms BH is 1K on her own, so *G. But she has about 600,000 lifetime miles, so maybe my nomination (whenever the system allows it) might have some ultimate benefit.
Old Apr 18, 12, 5:06 pm

Programs: United mileage Plus 1k and Million Miler, Krisflyer, Air New Zealand, Qantas, Virgin
Originally Posted by Counsellor View Post
dmach, it should be easy once the website comes back up, if it ever does.

In the interim, reportedly you can make a phone call to the elite desk for your status (1K or Platinum or Gold) and explain the situation, and they can adjust the partner's status in a matter of minutes.

Right now there's no hurry in my case, but if the site doesn't come back to life soon, I'l be making the phone call myself.
I've tried calling 1k line twice now with 2 different agents, both were clueless about above solution. Both said I had to use the MMCompanion web site, which still isn't working of course.

I sent in my wife's nomination last year when first announced and still no card or change to her status.

She flies on 40 hour flight next tuesday. Great job United!
Old Apr 18, 12, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Mrs. Tods27 got her credentials this week. I was excited... she could really care less.

She has a different last name and I nominated her pre 3/3.
Old Apr 18, 12, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Card came to my house earlier this week.
Old Apr 18, 12, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
The title of this thread is a bit misleading I nominated my wife before the first of the year and her account reflexed that nomination in March. She has been upgraded as a 1K several times since. The card is not yet arrived but all the benifits are there.

Last edited by Doug 1029; Apr 18, 12 at 5:56 pm Reason: space addition
Old Apr 18, 12, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by 1K from MRY View Post
Mrs. 1K from MRY doesn't even have a MP account at this point. I know, FT is shaking its collective head at me right now, but she has never needed one. I've been a 1K for nearly 2 decades, GS some of those years, with lots of miles. She doesn't fly much thanks to being a stay at home Mom raising two kids and has always flown on miles.

So as of last fall, both kids are away at college and she is going to be flying occasionally on her own - and might actually have to pay for a ticket or two when fares are cheap enough not to warrant using miles.

What I'd like to know is 1) is there a "smart" way for her to join MP these days? and 2) will I need to establish her account first and wait a period of time (how long) before linking her account with mine.

Thanks in advance

Just go online and sign her up. And yes, she will need to have her account before she can be nominated but once she has the account number you can then complete the process.

Last edited by Doug 1029; Apr 18, 12 at 6:40 pm Reason: add a word
Old Apr 18, 12, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
The companions that were nominated with the online form last year have seen the companion's status updated.
Others have called the MPSC and have had their companion's status updated.
I just called. Took 2 minutes (after a 3 minute hold) and it was updated online instantly.

I had NO idea that it could be done via phone. The website is a bit misleading. It should tell you to call while the site is offline.
Old Apr 18, 12, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA - MM/Lifetime Gold
are there really benefits to the 1MM?

If I may, i'd like to ask a question about the 1MM program, and have a general observation. I am at 982,800 and will have 1MM by end of June....currently only a lowly Silver.... Are there any real benefits to the 1MM status? Is there any chance of upgrades?

Second.....I have noticed since the merger... there seem to be lots of "infrequent" travelers in first.... I make this assumption by the way they handle themselves: coats in the overhead, not knowing where the bathroom is up front, etc.... It seems like since the merger, this has been happening a lot.... are there lots of companion 1MM spouses in first?
Any thoughts?
Old Apr 18, 12, 9:13 pm

Programs: EXP
Originally Posted by dornec View Post
If I may, i'd like to ask a question about the 1MM program, and have a general observation. I am at 982,800 and will have 1MM by end of June....currently only a lowly Silver.... Are there any real benefits to the 1MM status? Is there any chance of upgrades?

Second.....I have noticed since the merger... there seem to be lots of "infrequent" travelers in first.... I make this assumption by the way they handle themselves: coats in the overhead, not knowing where the bathroom is up front, etc.... It seems like since the merger, this has been happening a lot.... are there lots of companion 1MM spouses in first?
Any thoughts?
I haven't traveled UA since 3/3 so I can't give you my personal observations but from reading FT: GM TOD upgrades is likely the reason.
Old Apr 18, 12, 9:32 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by dornec View Post
If I may, i'd like to ask a question about the 1MM program, and have a general observation. I am at 982,800 and will have 1MM by end of June....currently only a lowly Silver.... Are there any real benefits to the 1MM status? Is there any chance of upgrades? ....
There are only two benefits of 1MM -- you will have at least Gold status unless you earn higher and you will be able to nominate your companion / spouse to have the same status as you have. There is no special upgrade benefit to MM status (beyond the Gold status).

It used to be better but it changed -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ng-2012-a.html
and Million Miler program
Old Apr 20, 12, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA mm, Marriott PLT, Hilton Dia
nomination website up this afternoon.
Old Apr 20, 12, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler Premier Gold, Hertz #1 Gold Five Star, Sixt Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by blue47 View Post
nomination website up this afternoon.
Yes, I was able to "nominate" Mrs. dpdapper this afternoon and received a confirming e-mail immediately.

I do not expert her to state that "if elected, I will not run."
Old Apr 20, 12, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold/1MM, Bonvoy Platinum
I enrolled my MMer companion at .bomb today.
However, her status now shows Premier Silver.
Is it supposed to be Premier 1K like me?
She was just a general member before I enrolled her...
Old Apr 21, 12, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
My wife is still anxiously waiting for her first 1K MP membership card. Any of your nominated spouse or significant other has received the new membership card yet?
Old Apr 21, 12, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by GordonGordon View Post
My wife is still anxiously waiting for her first 1K MP membership card. Any of your nominated spouse or significant other has received the new membership card yet?
Yes, my wife just received her 1K packet yesterday. Signed her up at least a month ago though...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: