Million Miler companion benefit

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 24, 20, 2:40 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
To register a companion www.united.com/MMcompanion or www.mileageplus.com/thanksamillion

First companion choice section takes place immediately. Changing companion must be done before end of November and takes effect in the first week of January. You can have only 1 designated MM companion. If you don't make a change, the previously selected companion will remain in place.

While rules suggests the companion has to reside at the same address as elite, in practice, neither same address or same last name is needed.

The companion has all the same privileges / status as the MM elite but will not receive PlusPoints (before 2020 RPUs or GPUs) based on the companion status.

See Million Miler program for more
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 5, 12, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Question your spouse or significant other has received the new membership card yet?

I nominated my wife the end of last year and now it shows 1K as I do when she logs in her MP account; however, up to this moment she still has not received her new 1K membership card yet. I received a big box with my 1K MM card at the beginning of March. Wonder how many of you, your spouse or significant other still has not received the new membership card.
Old Apr 5, 12, 2:01 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
Originally Posted by GordonGordon View Post
I nominated my wife the end of last year and now it shows 1K as I do when she logs in her MP account; however, up to this moment she still has not received her new 1K membership card yet. I received a big box with my 1K MM card at the beginning of March. Wonder how many of you, your spouse or significant other still has not received the new membership card.
My wife has still not received her new status even though I requested it several months ago. I contacted MP Singapore (as I currently live in Sydney) and they could not fix the problem.

Sent a message to MP USA and guess what? Nada.

This is hopeless.
Old Apr 5, 12, 3:00 am

Programs: UA, 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by GordonGordon View Post
Over here in SYD my wife received her 1K status (companion benefit) around March 10. However, although my blue box arrived two weeks ago, still nothing for the Mrs IainC - not expecting anytime soon.
Old Apr 10, 12, 7:45 am

Mrs. Eastnortheast received her companion Global Service box yesterday in the mail (shiny new card, two luggage tags, the beverage coupons, and the welcome booklet).
Old Apr 10, 12, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
My wife also has just mysteriously become a 1K - even though we have different last names. So I guess the system works! (I did not register because the website wasn't up)
Old Apr 10, 12, 11:02 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, National Exec, minion with others
So how does this work if I myself just crossed the 1MM threshold on March 25? My lifetime total shows over 1MM, but I haven't received anything yet from UA. I'd like to nominate Mrs. dmach so she can be a 1K (instead of Silver) prior to when she flies to the midwest with our two little ones in early May...
Old Apr 11, 12, 10:11 am

dmach, it should be easy once the website comes back up, if it ever does.

In the interim, reportedly you can make a phone call to the elite desk for your status (1K or Platinum or Gold) and explain the situation, and they can adjust the partner's status in a matter of minutes.

Right now there's no hurry in my case, but if the site doesn't come back to life soon, I'l be making the phone call myself.
Old Apr 11, 12, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 2MM, B6 Mosaic
No spouse kit yet

Called several weeks ago and they said within a week. I did see some people are now getting them. Guess I will wait another week.
Old Apr 11, 12, 11:02 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1MM
Still waiting... Spouse is only GM, needs his own card showing *G if he wants to use LH lounges when I'm not around.
Old Apr 11, 12, 11:06 am

Programs: AA ExPlat; UA GS (via MM companion); SPG
Originally Posted by eastnortheast View Post
Mrs. Eastnortheast received her companion Global Service box yesterday in the mail (shiny new card, two luggage tags, the beverage coupons, and the welcome booklet).
Can you tell us if the box was delivered by fed-ex / ups, or has either a First Class or Standard mail stamp, if delivered by the post office?

Still waiting after 2 requests here.
Old Apr 11, 12, 11:11 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, SPG Plat
Mrs. 1K from MRY doesn't even have a MP account at this point. I know, FT is shaking its collective head at me right now, but she has never needed one. I've been a 1K for nearly 2 decades, GS some of those years, with lots of miles. She doesn't fly much thanks to being a stay at home Mom raising two kids and has always flown on miles.

So as of last fall, both kids are away at college and she is going to be flying occasionally on her own - and might actually have to pay for a ticket or two when fares are cheap enough not to warrant using miles.

What I'd like to know is 1) is there a "smart" way for her to join MP these days? and 2) will I need to establish her account first and wait a period of time (how long) before linking her account with mine.

Thanks in advance

Old Apr 15, 12, 9:02 pm

Programs: United 1K MM Hilton Diamond
Smile

Thanks to all all for your feedback. Called the number on the back of the card (via Skype from Melbourne) and after a few minutes on hold, got an agent who made the necessary changes and my wife has her 1K status. She flies on a redemption flight on SQ in a couple of days, so not sure if the *A gold status will be reflected on her boarding pass for lounge entry.
Old Apr 18, 12, 2:59 pm

Programs: United mileage Plus 1k and Million Miler, Krisflyer, Air New Zealand, Qantas, Virgin
Million Mile Companion nomination does not exist

Last December MP sent me a notice that I had reach MM status and I could nominate a partner for gold card status. Great. I filled out the form with my wife's MP number and sent via snail mail and email.

MP sent me a special web link United.com/MMCompanion for automatic nomination a couple of months ago that still isn't live. They stated this would be up in early April. Earlier this was supposed to be viable by March.

My wife flies 40 hours next week with 5 layovers and needs that card.

Any suggestions on how I can get my wife's gold card when it is most needed?

I've tried calling 1k line several times and been transfered to MP desk (except the times the transfer got dumped) and no one seems to know anything about this. Said go to web page, but then they realized it didn't work I could hear them throwing up their hands in frustration.
Old Apr 18, 12, 3:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
The companions that were nominated with the online form last year have seen the companion's status updated.
Others have called the MPSC and have had their companion's status updated.

However companion cards have not been distributed to the bulk of folks (a few have related their companions have recieved card, but none here yet).

more in
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...n-benefit.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hread-pss.html

What is your companion's online status reporting?
Old Apr 18, 12, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1MM
Spouse got his card a couple of days ago. Yeah!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: