Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Anyone get channel 9 on a reconfigured CO or PDE aircraft yet?

Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki note about the forums several, active Channel 9 threads.

Offering live ATC communications on UA flights on Channel 9 of the audio entertainment system (Channel 9) is exclusive to United and offered at the Captains discretion. This forum has four prime, active threads about Channel 9. This note will guide you to the right thread for your post, or to where you would look for those channel 9 posts youre interested in.

1) This thread to discuss Uniteds progress in converting legacy Continental aircraft and now PDE equipped aircraft to offer Channel 9

2) For discussion on issues and availability on Channel 9 equipped aircraft, see Consolidated "Channel 9 Availability" Discussion Thread [Merged]

3) A thread, to discuss interesting things heard on Channel 9, such as interesting exchanges between pilots and controllers or asking about pilot-controller phraseology. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ad-merged.html

The Moderators may move misplaced posts to conform to these thread aims.
Print Wikipost

Anyone get channel 9 on a reconfigured CO or PDE aircraft yet?

Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Sat next to a pilot a couple months back that flies Airbus' and he said when they put in the Wifi they took out the Ch9 (maybe that circuit, or something to that effect). Wonder if we will ever get it back...
Old Oct 10, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Just announced, pmCO 757-200s (16J) will have a cabin refresh, that is to include adding "From the Flight Deck" (aka Channel 9).
Old Oct 10, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, EL Al ???, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wxguy
Just announced, pmCO 757-200s (16J) will have a cabin refresh, that is to include adding "From the Flight Deck" (aka Channel 9).
I've had it turned on about once every 20 flights the last couple of years.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by ElieW
I'm running about 50-50 this year, mostly on pmUA 757s BOS<>SFO, with a few TPAC EWR 77Ws in the mix. I find that many of the captains whom I ask personally will do so if asked. I'm less successful when I ask an FA to ask the captain.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:56 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ElieW
It strongly depends on the aircraft you are on. None of the 73xs or the 16 business seat 752s. And certain wide bodies donot have it either. Then it is down to the flight crews option

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.