Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

different CO award inventory online and with reps

Old Dec 4, 11, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

In trying to get the family back from FRA in June, I found a few FRA-IAD UA flights on continental.com that were not showing as available when I called the CO elite line to book them.

A help desk agent told me a workaround: reserve online and then check ticket-by-mail -- or just book online.

As I was coordinating this booking with pax using US miles -- US didn't have the UA flights either -- I decided on another solution. A US telephone agent told me of Lufthansa availability from FRA to JFK that did NOT display on continental.com but was also available by phone by calling CO! So I just booked everyone on Lufthansa.

Are these known glitches? I guess I should be using the ANA tool for better reliability; I didn't do it because I don't remember the workaround (I have no actual ANA miles).
Old Dec 4, 11, 12:35 pm

There has been some reports of CO web site displaying non-existent availability recently. This may be an example.

Do you have the dates and the flight numbers for the UA / LH flights in question?
Old Dec 4, 11, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
I noticed this, too, today. Called CO to change a reward return to 3 days later. The original itinerary was not available on co.com for the new date, but when the agent on the phone asked if I wanted to keep the same itinerary, I said yes, and guess what, it was available to her.

Search this Thread