Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Partner Airline EQM in early 2012 UA or CO?

Old Dec 4, 2011, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Exec / UA Gold

I have a LAX-BCN return Z fare in mid-Jan to take.

I tried searching on here for the answer but have not seen anything yet.

Do we know yet what the earn-able EQM's will be on partner airlines for next year?

For example if I book on Swiss right now, I could get 150% EQM in Z with my CO # but only 100% with United #. If this stays the same for the early part of the year I will keep my Swiss ticket assuming I can get the 150% with my CO# if not then I will need to switch the ticket to CO or UA metal.

Thoughts...
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Nothing official has been announced. The programs won't be merged until late Q1, so I would assume the current earning tables will apply until then. After that, I would assume it will be the lower of the two (expect the worst and hope for the best).
Old Dec 4, 2011, 3:35 pm

I asked to same question to a CO agent late last week.

I also have a few flights in early 2012 and was faced with the same question. One is a Swiss round trip in January and the other on Virgin Atlantic in early March. So with a phone call to CO, the Onepass agent put me on hold for a bit and once back said that I should be OK through the end of March when both programs are expected to merge.

Either way, I plan to fly on the partner airlines under my CO number, and I have a screen grab of the current EQM levels posted on CO.com just incase there is an issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.