Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidation of United MileagePlus and Continental OnePass accounts.

Old Dec 1, 11, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,

I have miles in both the United MileagePlus and Continental OnePass mileage programs. I have linked the two accounts, but have not consolidated miles into one account. Should I consolidate now, or wait and have United consolidate automatically? Thanks!
Old Dec 1, 11, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold
No advantage to having RDMs in one account or the other, except if you're trying to book an award ticket, as you book these separately on each airline.
Old Dec 1, 11, 12:33 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, Omni Black, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
The only reason I transfer miles to my OnePass account is to book award tickets on Star Alliance carriers online, or to book one way awards on CO flights. You don't need to transfer for the sake of transferring - United will take care of that for you.
Old Dec 1, 11, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA GS/MM, MR PPE/LTG, ‎TSA Pre✓, NEXUS, APEC BTC, UKBF RT, CLEAR, DXB E-GATE
FWIW...I've moved all my miles into Mileage Plus, as it is the program going fwd.
Old Dec 1, 11, 2:40 pm

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Executive, Marriott Gold, Priority Club Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by alaroia View Post
FWIW...I've moved all my miles into Mileage Plus, as it is the program going fwd.
But the OP number is the one that will be kept :-)
Old Dec 1, 11, 2:49 pm

I'd recommend transferring some miles into or out of your UA account to reset the 18-month expiration timeline if that is an issue for you.

On a related note, will the combination of the accounts (in the first quarter of 2012) automatically reset the 18-month expiration timeline?
Old Dec 1, 11, 11:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
And will non-linked accounts be somehow found and combined?

Wonder what use two MP accounts will have going forward. Can't imagine that they won't allow a manual consolidation.
Old Dec 1, 11, 11:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, Amtrak & OAL peon, Blingy metal at most hotels, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by pWei View Post
And will non-linked accounts be somehow found and combined?
Yes, that's the plan at least.
Old Dec 2, 11, 8:53 am

Programs: UA GS/MM, MR PPE/LTG, ‎TSA Pre✓, NEXUS, APEC BTC, UKBF RT, CLEAR, DXB E-GATE
Originally Posted by FinalF137 View Post
But the OP number is the one that will be kept :-)
I just spoke to a CO agent at the UC and he said that Mileage Plus would be the program going fwd. They will migrate onepass members to it in 2012...so confooooosed!!
Old Dec 2, 11, 9:07 am

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Executive, Marriott Gold, Priority Club Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
True, the post merger plan is more closely related to the PMUA MP versus the PMCO OP, but according to UACO it's the OP account number that will be used going forward.

http://onepassmergerupdates.com/en/o...AccountNumbers
Old Dec 2, 11, 6:51 pm

Programs: their are many of them
I wonder at what point the accounts will be combined
Old Dec 2, 11, 7:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Late in the first quarter of 2012 --
MileagePlus account numbers will change late in the first quarter of 2012.
Old Dec 2, 11, 7:50 pm

Programs: their are many of them
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
i linked my counts a couple of months ago

at which point i was matched to a CO gold

HOwever, at this juncture the combined total of united EQMS and continental eqms would make me a continental platinum any way to get the status uped .. perhaps i shall place a call.

I figure i may just have to wait for the new program to take effect
Old Dec 2, 11, 8:06 pm

Programs: CO Platinum; MP 1K
Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore View Post

HOwever, at this juncture the combined total of united EQMS and continental eqms would make me a continental platinum any way to get the status uped .. perhaps i shall place a call.
Yes, you should call.
I called as soon as the consolidation was announced. I was a OP Platinum with over 100K miles in 2010, and I was almost there by the time I called (98K and several flights booked on UA).
They gave me 1K at that moment.
Old Dec 2, 11, 10:14 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore View Post
i linked my counts a couple of months ago

at which point i was matched to a CO gold

HOwever, at this juncture the combined total of united EQMS and continental eqms would make me a continental platinum any way to get the status uped .. perhaps i shall place a call. ....
If it has been more than two weeks since the flights to take you over 75K, then call.
If it has not been two weeks, give it a little more time.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: