Search

Anyone booked LH F awards recently?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LM225
Called UA. They confirmed only one F seat on that flight :/

Ah well. Thanks though
Interesting... My ANA tool was showing availability for the 13th and now it is not anymore... There is for the 14th still though!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 3:48 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

At 5PM EST today (I've been noticing that inventory has been getting released (or at least updated on the ANA tool) at 5PM, and then again at 5:15PM), LH released a second F seat from YYZ so I snagged that. Now to cross my fingers and hope for a new F route to open up.

Old F, but happy, at least, to not be dealing with UA (and to be getting access to FCT).
Old Dec 5, 2013, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
doing SEA-FRA shortly and just scored FRA-SEA for the return on the 20th. Looks like new F both ways, and also just me in the cabin both ways. Looking forward to it. Just need to add in my Porsche rental in FRA on the way back and I'll be all set.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Anyone know if this coming sunday (12/8) ORD-FRA on the 748 is F8 or F7 ?

Booked on DTW-FRA in old F on the 346, really want to get somewhere that has new F, and I afraid new C on the 748 is probably even better than old F on the 346 hardware wise.

EDIT: Seems like LH F on the 748 ORD-FRA just opened up exactly 3 days out, but when I called to change she said there is only LH C, transferred to web support was told the same thing.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Dec 5, 2013 at 7:44 pm
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:58 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Anyone know if this coming sunday (12/8) ORD-FRA on the 748 is F8 or F7 ?

Booked on DTW-FRA in old F on the 346, really want to get somewhere that has new F, and I afraid new C on the 748 is probably even better than old F on the 346 hardware wise.

EDIT: Seems like LH F on the 748 ORD-FRA just opened up exactly 3 days out, but when I called to change she said there is only LH C, transferred to web support was told the same thing.
Bookmark ORD-FRA/08 Dec 2013 [Sun]/LH
Flight Depart Arrive AC/St Go
LH 431 ORD/1
16:10 FRA/1
07:30 +1 74H/0
08:20 Info
Seat Map
F1 A1 OL J9 C9 DL ZL PC I9 R9 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 X9 Q9 V9 W9 SL TC LC KC

Yeah thats not looking good, I would keep checking everyday if I was you.

With J being I9 and lots Y being pretty open they wont hold back a O to move a J to F so you know never. Peoples plans change and with J/Y being open like that, there is always a chance.

I see alot of flights that are F6+ but a J3/C3 DL ZL PC IL and it appears to me that LH system for releasing O always holds back since they might oversell J and just bump a full people up to F if that is the case.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by fkatzRTW
Bookmark ORD-FRA/08 Dec 2013 [Sun]/LH
Flight Depart Arrive AC/St Go
LH 431 ORD/1
16:10 FRA/1
07:30 +1 74H/0
08:20 Info
Seat Map
F1 A1 OL J9 C9 DL ZL PC I9 R9 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 X9 Q9 V9 W9 SL TC LC KC

Yeah thats not looking good, I would keep checking everyday if I was you.

With J being I9 and lots Y being pretty open they wont hold back a O to move a J to F so you know never. Peoples plans change and with J/Y being open like that, there is always a chance.

I see alot of flights that are F6+ but a J3/C3 DL ZL PC IL and it appears to me that LH system for releasing O always holds back since they might oversell J and just bump a full people up to F if that is the case.
So the entire plane is empty except F ?

I checked on united.com and saver F on that flight is gone now. Can I assume since I transferred to web support they did something to the website to remove the phantom O space ?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:43 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
So the entire plane is empty except F ?

I checked on united.com and saver F on that flight is gone now. Can I assume since I transferred to web support they did something to the website to remove the phantom O space ?
I wouldn't say the plane is empty. A 74H has 8F, 92J and 262Y. All I am gleaming from the data is that F is allmost full, but since I (Business Class Saver Award) is 9, LH has a decent amount of unsold seats they are willing to offer to *A partners. That means there is a good shot that J will not oversell and that if someone in F decides to change their plans, there is one less hurdle to an O seat opening up. Thats why I would suggest that you keep looking every few hours.

I can not comment on UA's website. I only use KVS when I am looking for seats. Others may have more to weigh in about phantom availability.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by LM225
At 5PM EST today (I've been noticing that inventory has been getting released (or at least updated on the ANA tool) at 5PM, and then again at 5:15PM),
Thanks for this observation. I'm curious as to your sample size with noticing inventory getting released at 5pm and 5:15pm EST. How closely have you been tracking this?

I thought that general consensus was that LH didn't release award inventory at any specific times during the day. This would be great to figure out now that we've lost the ability to setup LH award alerts on EF.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 7, 2013, 6:14 pm
Suspended

DFW-FRA

At T-14 today, got 2 F seats on DFW-FRA for Sat, Dec 21st. Flight scheduled to have new first class. Flight was F8 J9 Y8. Looked pretty full in the back but not so full in business and empty up front. Very excited indeed!
Old Dec 9, 2013, 6:07 pm

Is anyone having trouble booking FRA - NRT for the next 2 weeks? I am seeing F8 on expertflyer and United.com is showing spaces available but when I call to confirm, they can't see it. And on ANA's tool, I see a lot of RQ. Anyone knows what's going on?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Apologies for the semi-noob question, but are most people booking F on LH using miles or GPUs?

I've read the united.com instructions on using a GPU to book LH F, but do you have to be as vigilant to watch for an open seat as for miles?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by rflor
Apologies for the semi-noob question, but are most people booking F on LH using miles or GPUs?

I've read the united.com instructions on using a GPU to book LH F, but do you have to be as vigilant to watch for an open seat as for miles?
GPU is only available on day of departure on a space available basis and you need to be in a valid fare class. Unfortunately they did kill Z which made it not that attractive anymore.
I only did it once last year on a world around ticket (D) from MUC -> PEK and the upgrade cleared easily.
So to answer your question, it helps to know the loads of the flight because you are relative late in line.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by German Expat
GPU is only available on day of departure on a space available basis and you need to be in a valid fare class. Unfortunately they did kill Z which made it not that attractive anymore.
I only did it once last year on a world around ticket (D) from MUC -> PEK and the upgrade cleared easily.
So to answer your question, it helps to know the loads of the flight because you are relative late in line.
And isn't it a major hassle involving actual paper work ?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 6:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by 787fan
And isn't it a major hassle involving actual paper work ?
It looks like it from the LH website. You need to request a paper cert at least 14 days in advance.

I fly FRA-MAA a couple times a year and generally book into D, so was thinking of whether or not is was worth the hassle to make a run at it.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 1:15 pm

So, I've been looking to book IAH-DEL or IAH-BOM to leave sometime after 12/14 and have been looking to see patterns in LH F availability via FRA and MUC. When I do one-way searches between IAH-ORD-FRA-DEL or IAH-ORD-MUC-DEL (via ORD to utilize new F), it shows availability. However, when I try to book using multiple destinations I get an error. I called United and they tell me that ORD-MUC and ORD-FRA are really not available and that this error has been lurking around with LH. Anyone else have similar issues? Do you think its really not available? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.