Anyone booked LH F awards recently?

Old Aug 28, 2013, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL PM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by SFO777
Thanks Aaron for the prompt updates this morning. And kudos to you and UA for being one of the few domestics to actively participate on FT. ^
+1000.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

LH inventory has been restored to united.com. Thanks for your patience!

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Thank you so much Aaron!
Old Aug 29, 2013, 3:25 am

Has anyone has had a situation, while booking LH award ticket, that individual segments have C or F award availability, but not if the whole itinerary is searched? For example, in my case, I can see (on UA, ExpertFlyer and ANA) that F award on 3rd Sep is available individually for segments LH DEL-FRA and FRA-BOS, but when I put it DEL-FRA-BOS together nothing can be seen. This has prevented me to book the ticket that I want...Thank you!
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ksingh0311
Has anyone has had a situation, while booking LH award ticket, that individual segments have C or F award availability, but not if the whole itinerary is searched? For example, in my case, I can see (on UA, ExpertFlyer and ANA) that F award on 3rd Sep is available individually for segments LH DEL-FRA and FRA-BOS, but when I put it DEL-FRA-BOS together nothing can be seen. This has prevented me to book the ticket that I want...Thank you!
That can happen as not every possible connection will be displayed. In that case, the only way to book the ticket would be to call UA and feed the agent the individual flights. YMMV as to the phone booking fee, but , since you are 1K, the agent should waive the fee because the connection wasn't displayed online.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA G
I also checked ExpertFlyer and just like united.com, it shows absolutely no LH award availability. Does this confirm the rumors that I read elsewhere on FT that ExpertFlyer uses UA data for LH award availability (and for that matter all *A award availability?)
Yes. For UA award availability, EF is just screen scraping UA's website.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:16 pm

Still running into phantom availability online.....just called United, spent an hour on the phone with them, they found the F ticket, but wasn't able to ticket it, they could only do some waitlist thing which I was informed really means it is not available at all.....

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 29, 2013 at 10:25 pm Reason: language
Old Aug 30, 2013, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
That can happen as not every possible connection will be displayed. In that case, the only way to book the ticket would be to call UA and feed the agent the individual flights. YMMV as to the phone booking fee, but , since you are 1K, the agent should waive the fee because the connection wasn't displayed online.
Thank you, I did that and fed the individual segments to the UA agent, and they were able to find O space all the segments, combine them manually and issue the ticket. Thanks!

Originally Posted by nocloud
Still running into phantom availability online.....just called United, spent an hour on the phone with them, they found the F ticket, but wasn't able to ticket it, they could only do some waitlist thing which I was informed really means it is not available at all.....
I think the very best tool to find LH partner award space availability is the ANA tool. It has always proven to be the most accurate and reliable for me.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 30, 2013 at 5:27 am Reason: merge
Old Aug 30, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
I booked 2 seats IAH-FRA at T-4 with the cabin being at F5.

Just some additional info... lots of phantom space out there. Website not matching with what the agent could see and vice versa.

However, in the end, UA.com and agent were correct and ANA/KVS were actually incorrect with availability. ANA/KVS showed none, but UA showed 2 seats. I figured it was phantom but called the GS agent to make sure. She was able to book it and I have confirmed seats on LH.com.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by avi8tir
I booked 2 seats IAH-FRA at T-4 with the cabin being at F5.

Just some additional info... lots of phantom space out there. Website not matching with what the agent could see and vice versa.

However, in the end, UA.com and agent were correct and ANA/KVS were actually incorrect with availability. ANA/KVS showed none, but UA showed 2 seats. I figured it was phantom but called the GS agent to make sure. She was able to book it and I have confirmed seats on LH.com.
Nice grab! First report of IAH-FRA I've seen in a while (ever?), especially for 2 seats. Maybe something to do with the holiday weekend?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 8:47 pm
Community Director Emerita

I just saw 2 seats in F from SEA-FRA for Sept 2. It's the first seats I've seen from the west coast in the time I've been searching. They aren't of use to me, so have at it.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I just saw 2 seats in F from SEA-FRA for Sept 2. It's the first seats I've seen from the west coast in the time I've been searching. They aren't of use to me, so have at it.
SEA-FRA pops up with fair regularity, but not as much as DFW. I saw it on my outbound LH F quest. Guaranteed to be old F and (unless the cabin is really empty), only one seat per person
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Nice grab! First report of IAH-FRA I've seen in a while (ever?), especially for 2 seats. Maybe something to do with the holiday weekend?
I've done IAH-FRA twice in the past year, once with two seats. Just have to be willing to book fairly close-in. Both of mine were booked inside 72 hours prior to departure.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 2:56 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Coming back home from BKK I originally had BKK-FRA-ORD in F on TG and UA. Then at the 14/5 days mark LH F opened up on FRA-ORD. A five minute call later I was able to switch from UA to LH ^
Old Sep 1, 2013, 10:12 am

To all those who are more experienced in these things than I am, what do you guys think about my chances of having one F award seat opening up on the flight LH 422 FRA-BOS on 5th Sept.

Here is the seat availability as per EF: F5 A5 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9. Am I too optimistic to hope for at-least one O award seat opening up on this route on this date? Thank you...!!!
Old Sep 1, 2013, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
To all those who are more experienced in these things than I am, what do you guys think about my chances of having one F award seat opening up on the flight LH 422 FRA-BOS on 5th Sept.

Here is the seat availability as per EF: F5 A5 J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9. Am I too optimistic to hope for at-least one O award seat opening up on this route on this date? Thank you...!!!
At F5, very good chance. Check tonight at midnight German time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.