United is confused about my club membership

Old Nov 10, 11, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO (now UA) 1K / Hyatt Platinum / UMPPPC / SLH Honoured
United is confused about my club membership

I have a Continental PresPlus Chase Mastercard, which of course included a Presidents Club (now United Club) membership.

I just got an email from the new United telling me my United Club membership is about to expire, but if I renew now, I can save $50.

I don't have a separate United Club membership--I have the PresPlus credit card, and other than the card fee don't pay anything extra/separate for the club membership.

My wife has her own PresPlus card with separate annual fee--she got her new club entrance card from that about a month ago...I haven't gotten one yet.

Who sorts this out? Chase? United? Continental? *sigh*
Old Nov 10, 11, 3:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Even though you are paying via the CC annual fee you actually DO have a separate club membership. When I got mine the Club membership was set to expire ~3 months after the CC annual renewal. Was yours like that as well? And did you pay the renewal of the annual fee?

Assuming you did pay it recently it sounds like Chase didn't notify CO/UA of such so you didn't get the new card. I'd call Chase since it sounds like they need to push the data over to CO.
Old Nov 10, 11, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO (now UA) 1K / Hyatt Platinum / UMPPPC / SLH Honoured
That sounds about right. I did recently pay the renewal annual fee for the CC, and the email I got says the club membership expires at the end of Jan 2012. I'll call Chase. *sigh*
Old Nov 11, 11, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
When I got mine the Club membership was set to expire ~3 months after the CC annual renewal.
Same here. I was surprised when they told me my club expiration was March 2013. I just wonder if I'll actually receive the card before then...

Search this Thread