Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAD-EZE being switched to EWR-EZE?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2011, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SFOtoORD
I've seen JFK and sometimes it has quite a lot in common with a few third world airports. Other than maybe the AA and B6 terminals at JFK, pretty much all of the NYC airports are awful.
I'll give you the DL T2/3 at JFK. And original int'l terminal T1 is a bit dated. But T4 is fantastic, and the nice little T7 is a gem.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:12 pm

I've seen JFK and sometimes it has quite a lot in common with a few third world airports. Other than maybe the AA and B6 terminals at JFK, pretty much all of the NYC airports are awful.
Agreed. LGA (the main terminal building) in particular, needs to be torn down and rebuilt to modern standards. And, Runway 22 / 4, needs to be extended from 7800 feet to 11,000 feet or more. That would alllow a fully fueled large aircraft to land LOL.

Not entirely impossible, the runway is practically on Flushing Bay.

Wishful thinking on my part.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I agree with you Mid Field is a long wait in the morning at 6:30 a.m. or so. Several UA flights come in at that time, it could be as long 45 minutes in the serpentine to greet out friendly Homeland Security guys.. Then all over again to clear sercurity for the connections..
Midfield at UA uesterday was a breeze. Landed at 6:45am in line for Immigration for less than 5 minutes, lugguage was already on the belt ( had priorty tags ) passed the final US Customs officer before heading to the belt for connecting flight lugguage in 5 more minutes, slowed down a bit for the security line ( another 10 minutes, those guys were slow.. ) In the RCC at 7:10 My UDU to LAX cleared, Bloody Mary to celebrate made by the cleaning lady in the RCC club ( she put 3 oz of Vodka in the glass.. ) Easy and Best arival ever at IAD..
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Question though: What is the UA767 going to do all day on the EWR end? Do a transcon turn? Seems like poor utilization on this route to have 2 767-300s sitting unused all day (one at EZE and one at EWR).
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RJNYC
Question though: What is the UA767 going to do all day on the EWR end? Do a transcon turn? Seems like poor utilization on this route to have 2 767-300s sitting unused all day (one at EZE and one at EWR).
Could they rotate it with the 763 that does ZRH? Either way they probably need to get some utilization out of the a/c.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:43 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Like the cylons, i'm sure they have a plan.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 5:24 pm

Could they rotate it with the 763 that does ZRH? Either way they probably need to get some utilization out of the a/c.
Still not great. EZE arrives at 6am. ZRH departs at 645pm. Plus, one plane can do EWR-ZRH-EWR with a couple of hours on the ground on each end.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:08 pm

IAD's death by a thousand cuts... weakens the morning and night banks of connecting traffic.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by whlinder
IAD's death by a thousand cuts... weakens the morning and night banks of connecting traffic.
Agreed. This can quickly become a death-spiral for the IAD hub. The fewer in-bound passengers off of the international flights, the less demand there is onto the connecting flights, which in turn "justifies" cutting/moving more international flights, which in turn "justifies" further trimming of the connecting schedules .......
Old Nov 15, 2011, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Agreed. This can quickly become a death-spiral for the IAD hub. The fewer in-bound passengers off of the international flights, the less demand there is onto the connecting flights, which in turn "justifies" cutting/moving more international flights, which in turn "justifies" further trimming of the connecting schedules .......
IAD had a long history of morning transcons long before there was an early AM bank of international arrivals.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 9:49 pm

Programs: My posts represent my personal opinions based on public information and not the official views of UA
Originally Posted by whlinder
The 10pm bank gains DUB and MAN departures...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.