But when I go online to purchase a ticket it says the choices are:

500 mile upgrade
Regional Upgrade
Systemwide 1
Systemwide 2
Miles - EMUblah blah blah
Miles - MH
Miles - YB

What the heck do I pick? What is my certificate good for? Thank you for any responses because I am lost here..

bb
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Based on the Profile code, this appears to be the same certificate as found in:

Consolidated "1,000 Mile MP Visa Upgrade Certificate" Discussion Thread [Merged]

You may wanna check that thread out for more information.

IIRC, you purchase the ticket as you would, then call UA Reservations and let them know you have this certificate and they'll apply your upgrade...and if you confirm into First then you'll have to surrender it at the airport. Your profile doesn't state what MP level you are. If I remember, you have to purchase a Y/B fare if you don't have status, otherwise if you do it's valid on any fare.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:56 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
The referenced thread should answer all your questions
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
.... What the heck do I pick? ...
don't pick any -- you can not upgrade at booking time. The upgrade can only clear 24 hours before flight time. To apply, you will need to wait to do at the airport or call in advance.

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
....What is my certificate good for?
an upgrade on a domestic/canadian/mexico/caribbean flight or group of flights that are no more than 1,000 miles in length. Only confirmable 24 hours or less prior to flight
Old Nov 4, 2011, 3:16 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by AndrewT84
Based on the Profile code, this appears to be the same certificate as found in:

Consolidated "1,000 Mile MP Visa Upgrade Certificate" Discussion Thread [Merged]

You may wanna check that thread out for more information.

IIRC, you purchase the ticket as you would, then call UA Reservations and let them know you have this certificate and they'll apply your upgrade...and if you confirm into First then you'll have to surrender it at the airport. Your profile doesn't state what MP level you are. If I remember, you have to purchase a Y/B fare if you don't have status, otherwise if you do it's valid on any fare.
Thanks for the link to the existing thread.

Let's follow this there.

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.