FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Presidential Plus Baggage Benefit on USAirways (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1274242-presidential-plus-baggage-benefit-usairways.html)

flyingdoc747 Oct 29, 2011 10:04 pm

Presidential Plus Baggage Benefit on USAirways

hi all,
Newbie here with United/Continental. I just got approved for the Presidential Plus MasterCard, but will need to fly USAirways around Pennsylvania in the upcoming month. Will the baggage fees be waived if I show my Presidential Plus Card? Do I need to use my Continental FF#? Also, does USAirways place priority PremierAccess tags if I use my PresidentialPlus Card?

Thanks! Any help is appreciated.

WIRunner Oct 29, 2011 10:06 pm

the free luggage and priority luggage from the Chase cards is only when you're flying on UA/CO. US will not recognise it, sorry.

Do you still have UA status?

flyingdoc747 Oct 29, 2011 10:10 pm

No UA status :(. How about Priority tags? Will USAirways give priority baggage tags if I show my Presidential Plus card? Also, do I really need to have purchased my other UA ticket in order to get the free baggage with the Presidential Plus Card?

star_world Oct 29, 2011 10:14 pm

Your profile says CO PE - this is Star Alliance Gold, which will mean you are exempt from baggage fees on US. Will you have this status again next year?

- edit - pressed send too late, didn't see previous post about losing UA status.

WIRunner Oct 29, 2011 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingMedallionDL (Post 17358837)
No UA status :(. How about Priority tags? Will USAirways give priority baggage tags if I show my Presidential Plus card? Also, do I really need to have purchased my other UA ticket in order to get the free baggage with the Presidential Plus Card?

1st part, US will not recognise any type of baggage benefits outside of *A status. The baggage benefit is for when you're flying on UA/CO.

2nd part, I've never had a problem with getting the free bags before. I flew CO for a few years before getting status had the PPMC, but usually paid with my UA visa.

flyingdoc747 Oct 29, 2011 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by WIRunner (Post 17358947)
2nd part, I've never had a problem with getting the free bags before. I flew CO for a few years before getting status had the PPMC, but usually paid with my UA visa.

Awesome! That sounds promising for me since I bought a UA ticket without my PPMC. Thanks again!

airfly56 Apr 26, 2012 6:18 pm

Bought a long haul ticket from UA that routes US-UA and UA-US on return. Will I be allowed a second bag since it is essentially a UA flight?

WIRunner Apr 26, 2012 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by airfly56 (Post 18467974)
Bought a long haul ticket from UA that routes US-UA and UA-US on return. Will I be allowed a second bag since it is essentially a UA flight?

The first being a US ticket you will be responsible for any baggage fees since US does not recognise the credit card baggage benefits. The return since it starts on UA will get the baggage benefits from the credit card.