Wiki Posts
Search

United, Amadeus extend partnership

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

United, Amadeus extend partnership

But for those of you hoping this means SHARES is not the platform of choice, sorry.

The deal is to continue the feed of United's fare and inventory data into the Amadeus GDS network for travel agents to access and sell to their customers. Not particularly amazing except that, starting in mid-2012, it will also cover the ability to sell E+ seats. Basically United is finally moving that ancillary sales option out of being a solely in-house deal and putting it out for TAs to sell to their customers directly. Something of a big deal in the Direct/GDS ancillary marketing fights that are going on right now. And, I suppose, also a potentially a big deal if sales numbers are high, in terms of making E+ harder to get to for others.

A few more details on the deal here and here.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:09 pm

Semi-applicable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVikZ8Oe_XA

I think this will help drive E+ sales considerably with experienced sales people like travel agents pushing it. With CO getting E+ eventually it really makes sense.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Originally Posted by sbm12
And, I suppose, also a potentially a big deal if sales numbers are high, in terms of making E+ harder to get to for others.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. If UA is able to make more money off of E+, they can justify adding more E+ seats. The fact you can buy F class seats has not made it harder to get free upgrades--if anything, it means more F class seats are made available.

Our perks become endangered when the only people using them are people getting them for free with status.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by sbm12
But for those of you hoping this means SHARES is not the platform of choice, sorry.
Oh no...we never thought this. We know what the new world order is.....
Old Oct 25, 2011, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
dammit, I almost thought it was April.....

too bad its not instead of SCARES...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.