Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

DEQM offered on Copa flights betw. Ctrl. America & Colombia, through Dec. 31, 2011

DEQM offered on Copa flights betw. Ctrl. America & Colombia, through Dec. 31, 2011

Old Oct 23, 2011, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Hadn't seen this posted anywhere!

This is through CO, which of course applies to all of us now

Link to the CO website to register for the offer

Details: Offer valid for travel between Oct. 19, 2011 and Dec. 31, 2011. Valid on Copa Airlines or Copa Airlines Colombia (operated by Aero Repblica) international flights, between Central America and/or Colombia. Eligible classes of service are C, D, Y, B, M, H, Q, K, V, U, S, W, E, L, T and N.

And in case you are wanting to plan a trip, the US cities served by Copa are Los Angeles, Miami, New York and Orlando with Chicago service starting in December.

Here is a link to their current deals: http://www.copaair.com//sites/US/en/...web-deals.aspx
Old Oct 23, 2011, 10:20 pm

Yeah - here's the final stretch of the DEQMs. Not much of them this year except for SFO/LAX -ORD. I wonder if there's anything else rolling out for the mainline.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dudey
Yeah - here's the final stretch of the DEQMs. Not much of them this year except for SFO/LAX -ORD. I wonder if there's anything else rolling out for the mainline.
Considering UA has the firm standpoint that they hate elites, I'm going to say no
Old Oct 23, 2011, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by wcalvert
Considering UA has the firm standpoint that they hate elites, I'm going to say no
Where did you get the idea that UA hated elites? I hope this is not in reference to the 2012 MP program changes.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Where did you get the idea that UA hated elites? I hope this is not in reference to the 2012 MP program changes.
All I know is that I won't be sitting in any E+ aisle seats or checking more than 1 free bag next year...

I will almost for sure be making gold though, so I will get hated on slightly less with the 50% reduction in RDM bonus
Old Oct 23, 2011, 11:32 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Well, UA doesn't hate all elites. I am sure they love GSs & some high-revenue 1Ks. As for the rest, let's just say UA would rather want to do away with them, especially the lowest rung. And I can say is that UA is doing a pretty job trying!

LAX
Old Oct 24, 2011, 6:42 am

Programs: AA/UA/DL
From what COdabUA has done to its MP program...
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Ok, let's squash the 2012 complaints before the thread gets closed
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
COPA is only S. America service?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davef139
COPA is only S. America service?
North America, Central America and South America.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:37 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So does a non-stop COPA flight from the US to Panama earn this status miles bonus, or is the status miles bonus only applicable to the relevant flights within Latin America?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
As I read it, this only applies to flights to/from Colombia. Sorry to rain on the parade.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:39 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Adam1222
As I read it, this only applies to flights to/from Colombia. Sorry to rain on the parade.
I guess I'm going to Colombia to visit.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Oh crap, you are right!

Alerting mods to have thread title changed :/
Old Oct 24, 2011, 3:00 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Thread title changed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.