Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: UA Gold
Now that the switchover has occurred, any news on how to get the reimbursement?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Originally Posted by choatie88
Now that the switchover has occurred, any news on how to get the reimbursement?
The website says SECOND quarter.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by TomA
The website says SECOND quarter.
Fair enough, although the website also says they would provide details in late 2011 for how the reimbursement would work.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 8:27 am

Programs: UA, SPG, Hilton, Mrt., PC, Hertz
I don't have any trips planned as of yet, but I am waiting to apply. I think this is a very NICE benefit from UA!
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: CO PresPlat, UA GS, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Fairmont Premier, BA Silver, AVIS PresCircle
Originally Posted by tvhead
That forced me to get back in the regular line to speak to a real, live customs agent.
When I signed up, (at EWR) they put a small sticker in the back of my passport that has the letters "CBP" I believe, and they told me if the machine spits out a chit telling me to see an officer, grab the chit, move the head of any CBP officer line, then show them the chit and the sticker in the back of my passport to allow expedited in-person service. They said if any line monitors approach, show them the sticker to allow front of line access.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 15, 2012 at 6:57 pm Reason: off-topic
Old Mar 5, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, National Car EE, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platnium/Lifetime Silver
Global Entry Reimbursement

Has anybody seen how UA will be processing the compensation for the Global Entry processing fee on their website, going to mileageplus.com/2012 like my welcome book says yields nothing. (see my post was moved to the existing thread)

"Ok, people. Move along. There's nothing to see here" (Think officer barbrady from South Park)

Last edited by NYC2TheWorld; Mar 5, 2012 at 5:05 pm Reason: Post moved
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Originally Posted by NYC2TheWorld
Has anybody seen how UA will be processing the compensation for the Global Entry processing fee on their website, going to mileageplus.com/2012 like my welcome book says yields nothing. (see my post was moved to the existing thread)

"Ok, people. Move along. There's nothing to see here" (Think officer barbrady from South Park)
I paid and have an interview at IAH scheduled for 3/19. I tried to call the elite line today and got a recorded message that they had high call volume and to go on line or call back at another time. Welcome to the new United! Anyway, I am hoping that I can get reimbursed at some point in the future with evidence that I paid and got Global Entry. If I can get through and find anything out, I will post the information.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Would love to sign up. It would be nice to hear if those doing so now will be compensated in 2nd quarter...
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K
Is Global Entry application fee reimbursement now available?

The 1K documentation I got in the mail, and the explanation of 1K benefits, says that "Global Entry application fee reimbursement" is a perk.

Similar places used to say "Global Entry application fee reimbursement* * THIS WILL START SOME TIME IN SECOND QUARTER OF 2012".

Has it started? Can I get my $100 back if I apply now? I realize it's not a big deal but I plan to leave the U.S. in late March for a couple of years and might just bite the bullet and apply now even if it's not reimbursable.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
April 1st is the first day of the 2nd Quarter.

Why would you expect it to start now?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: Hilton: Diamond/Everything else: Kettle...
Originally Posted by brp1264
A few years back, I had to undergo the background check, finger prints, retina scan, etc... to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) in order to visit some offshore platforms.

Any chance that the prior background check from this will make my GE application approval quicker?
I asked about that and was told no - any other government background checks are independent of trusted traveler. That being said, apply now to "beat the rush". When I applied in January, got preliminary approval in 2 days and had my interview on the third day. Had my card in less than 2 weeks.

I use the card for my government issued ID at airports - some of the ticket agents weren't familiar with it, but all of the TSA agents I've interfaced with knew what it was.

On a side note, when you go in for your interview, you will have your picture taken, so I'd recommend a plain shirt (no words) so they don't make you come back for the picture...

J
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by remedy
I paid and have an interview at IAH scheduled for 3/19. I tried to call the elite line today and got a recorded message that they had high call volume and to go on line or call back at another time. Welcome to the new United! Anyway, I am hoping that I can get reimbursed at some point in the future with evidence that I paid and got Global Entry. If I can get through and find anything out, I will post the information.
Ugh, enough with the "new United" stuff. They just merged two massive systems together. They even ask you to not call for items like this for a little while.

Now if only everyone listened. I imagine the hordes of kettles calling to 'make sure' everything is okay with their ticket.

I predict zero chance of your success, unless they bend the rules for 1K and GS.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by aacharya
Now if only everyone listened. I imagine the hordes of kettles calling to 'make sure' everything is okay with their ticket.
Really? Huh. What I imagine is the horde of elites calling to complain about their segments or mileage not carrying over, flight mileage not posting according to the normal schedule, mileage changing between city pairs, mileage earned for codeshare flights not being correct, upgrades not being processed before the flight despite space available and 1Ks being left in the back while cheap buy-ups occurred, seat assignments carefully scouted out weeks in advance being lost-- and then calling to complain in the futile hopes to get them changed, losing confirmed upgrades, questions about the Global Entry fee reimbursement and when it will start, wanting to know about miles being redeposited, and a host of other things.

Fliers without status don't religiously log in and check their upcoming flights. I seriously doubt that there's that many of them calling to "make sure," not compared to all us elites who are upset with growing pains and the SNAFUs of the switchover.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
I applied on Friday evening, and today (Tuesday) got the conditional approval email. There were only three appointments in the next three weeks available at SFO for the in-person appointments. I couldn't do any of those and didn't want to do it during my trip to LA this week, so I'll just wait until early April for that part.

Wish I knew what the reimbursement details were, given I'd already received my 1K credentials listing the fee reimbursement as a benefit, but if I don't get reimbursed I'll live.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
I applied on Friday evening, and today (Tuesday) got the conditional approval email. There were only three appointments in the next three weeks available at SFO for the in-person appointments. I couldn't do any of those and didn't want to do it during my trip to LA this week, so I'll just wait until early April for that part.

Wish I knew what the reimbursement details were, given I'd already received my 1K credentials listing the fee reimbursement as a benefit, but if I don't get reimbursed I'll live.
Called the new "elite line" yesterday and after hunting around for the right number to punch, getting disconnected, then transferred to the International desk (?), I still don't know. The best the person on the other end of the line ( who was clearly in a "different area code") could say is that I would be reimbursed sometime in April, May or June. He was unable to tell me if I needed to apply, submit an expense, how the payment would be made or any further information. Another log on the fire for me with complete dissatisfaction with this merger so far. The list is getting longer....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.