Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: United 1K 3MM
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
So.... assume you're a 2MM flyer, you get Plat, your spouse gets Plat... do you both get this benefit? Seems you would...
I have the same question. The Mrs. is a comp 1K. Will she get this $100 too?

Last edited by MMProfessor; Jan 16, 2012 at 11:37 am Reason: incomplete post
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:41 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by emcampbe
There should be a big asterik on your last statement. Unless you got a NEXUS membership (which would require the background check/interview at a Nexus office with Canadian officials also, as well as them taking an iris scan), it will work to enter the US at pre-clearance facilities with a GE machine, or entering the US by land. It will NOT work by land/air to enter Canada.
You're correct. NEXUS requires a separate enrollment which I have filed but not yet completed; it's ready to file if I get a trip to Canada via a NEXUS enrollment city.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
Any news on how the refund would work?

I have several trips scheduled for late February/March and it seems GE could help.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:43 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 1KHI
Any news on how the refund would work?

I have several trips scheduled for late February/March and it seems GE could help.
Since the program does not start until sometime in the Q2, Q1 travel might be too early

Beginning in the second quarter of 2012, MileagePlus will compensate Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members for their Global Entry application.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
What a pain. My company is sponsoring an on-site GE regestration session, but I assume I won't be reimbursed if I do this...
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by as219
What a pain. My company is sponsoring an on-site GE regestration session, but I assume I won't be reimbursed if I do this...
We just don't know the details but the answer to your question is most likely negative. I would venture to say especially so if you complete the application process before the new UA program becomes active.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by todorovic
We just don't know the details but the answer to your question is most likely negative. I would venture to say especially so if you complete the application process before the new UA program becomes active.
Agreed.

I certainly understand that $100 is $100, but if somebody has international trips in Q1, I'd suggest he/she might want to get GE anyway and not worry about the UA reimbursement.

Because GE is good for five years, it's really just $20/year. The first time I walked past the five-rows-deep queue at SFO to reach the GE kiosk, I knew it was worth FAR more than $20 for 2012. After a ten hour TATL, I wanted to go home and shower and sleep, and I would have gladly paid $100/year to get through customs/passport control in the one minute it took.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by rh314
Agreed.

I certainly understand that $100 is $100, but if somebody has international trips in Q1, I'd suggest he/she might want to get GE anyway and not worry about the UA reimbursement.

Because GE is good for five years, it's really just $20/year. The first time I walked past the five-rows-deep queue at SFO to reach the GE kiosk, I knew it was worth FAR more than $20 for 2012. After a ten hour TATL, I wanted to go home and shower and sleep, and I would have gladly paid $100/year to get through customs/passport control in the one minute it took.
No, you're right, it's just a shame. I've got a trip the first week in March, so if I want to have it, I can't wait until Q2...
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: 1K, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
UA compensation for Global Entry

If I apply for GE now, will UA still compensate my application fee, or do I really have to wait until they merger is "complete" ?

Traveling end of this month so I would rather get this done...
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
The updates I've seen state that this benefit will be offered sometime in Q2. I'd say your chances of getting a refund if you sign up now are close to zero. Most likely they will distribute some sort of code or specific link to sign up with that allows the fee to be passed on to them.

You have very little chance of getting the GE application process complete by the end of this month anyway - between the initial application and interview process it can easily take 3-4 weeks.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by star_world
You have very little chance of getting the GE application process complete by the end of this month anyway - between the initial application and interview process it can easily take 3-4 weeks.
Not when your employer arranges for CPB to come to your place of work to conduct the interviews...
Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: 1K, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by as219
Not when your employer arranges for CPB to come to your place of work to conduct the interviews...
ooh lucky you! ^
Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by star_world
It can also go much faster. From the time I clicked "send" on my application to the time I had my interview and was done was 6 days.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SeaRaptor
It can also go much faster. From the time I clicked "send" on my application to the time I had my interview and was done was 6 days.
That was my experience as well, but I've seen numerous reports that it's taking a lot longer now that it's become popular...
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Quicker if you've already been "vetted"

A few years back, I had to undergo the background check, finger prints, retina scan, etc... to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) in order to visit some offshore platforms.

Any chance that the prior background check from this will make my GE application approval quicker?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.