Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: American, Alaska, United & IHG
Without wanting to damage anyone's conscience...is there someone who already has global entry and wouldn't mind my wife and myself using their united code for our application?

i've looked into the amex platinum (which reimburses global entry), but our annual income is below their approval for the card.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:24 pm

Just applied and was approved a day later.

First available date at LAX isn't until FEBRUARY!!! Is anyone else experiencing this kind of a delay in other areas of the country?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by drewguy
Under the initial approach when you submitted a receipt for travelbank credit, there was no meaningful way to verify for whom the fee was paid.

Under the new "virtual credit card" approach UA could do so. That said, it seems unlikely that they will do so or to audit the use.
The UA charge card info being used is still available for use regardless of name of the passport holder who is getting GE fee covered by UA. There are reasons why UA shouldn't even try to micromanage away this from happening.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by rvandeut
Without wanting to damage anyone's conscience...is there someone who already has global entry and wouldn't mind my wife and myself using their united code for our application?

i've looked into the amex platinum (which reimburses global entry), but our annual income is below their approval for the card.
For $100 I would . . . the benefit is available only once every 5 years, so someone with GE would be forgoing a "free" renewal.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: American, Alaska, United & IHG
Originally Posted by drewguy
For $100 I would . . . the benefit is available only once every 5 years, so someone with GE would be forgoing a "free" renewal.
Point understood. However, some may have been able to apply for the AMEX cards that reimburse for Global Entry whereas others may not even be interested in it. I was just asking in case anyone falls into those categories.

Thank you for your reply though.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold
Has anyone else requested their code and been hit with the...

Thank you for your request. Your code is taking longer than usual
to be generated. We apologize for any inconvenience.

For over a month? I requested November 5th and have reached out to United and both times I get... Please allow another 7-10 days as your request is taking longer than usual.

Shocking it takes them over 30 days to generate some CC code
Old Dec 10, 2013, 3:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, National EE
Originally Posted by Vembo1
Has anyone else requested their code and been hit with the...

Thank you for your request. Your code is taking longer than usual
to be generated. We apologize for any inconvenience.

For over a month? I requested November 5th and have reached out to United and both times I get... Please allow another 7-10 days as your request is taking longer than usual.

Shocking it takes them over 30 days to generate some CC code
Nope.

I requested mine on 12/5 and got the e-mail with a link to the code 12/6. I had just made platinum a week prior.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 9:38 pm

If I'm reading the Global Entry webpage correctly, there's a way to visit the GE enrollment center without leaving security between flights at IAH.

If that is the case, can someone please tell me how to get there? Is it in the walkway between terminal D & E?

Last edited by 26point2orbust; Dec 15, 2013 at 9:44 pm
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: MP,MR Silver,Avis
It is airside, on the walk between the train and the E terminal, next to Ruby's.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by coutura
Nope.

I requested mine on 12/5 and got the e-mail with a link to the code 12/6. I had just made platinum a week prior.
I am at such a loss. After several emails to customer service and 1kvoice I feel like I am just speaking to a computerized wall. First few emails "thanked me for my email" and said 7-10 days. After two of those I finally reached out to 1kvoice who again "thanked me for my email" and said their boss was going to look into it and I can expect a response within 2 weeks.

2 weeks from today will be just about 2 months after I first requested my code.

Frustrating
Old Dec 19, 2013, 7:46 am

Global Entry Fee Compensation Site Down for a Week

I made plat this year and have been trying to get my code to enroll in global entry. I signed up at united.com/globalentrycompensation and received an email saying my code is ready. But I've been trying to access it for a week now and I keep getting an error message saying the site is unavailable.

Has anybody else had success in the past week?

I sent a message to MP customer service but have yet to receive a response.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 8:11 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Seems to be spotty issues on getting the refund code
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ul-2012-a.html
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold (as of June 2015)
I was able to request, retrieve, and redeem a code this week. I didn't have any issues at all. Go figure!
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:14 am

Solved!

This time I tried re-selecting Request code instead of View code and I got through. Makes no sense given the email says to follow the link to view your code, but clearly I should have tried this a long time ago.

Hopefully this will help other folks who get the error message (technical difficulties, site temporarily unavailable).
Old Dec 19, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
i've been trying to get my code for like half a year now. @united tried three times, the MPSC tried, called web support and they tried, haven't gotten a reply from UAI. i'm just about ready to completely give up on ever getting my code working.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.