Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Under the initial approach when you submitted a receipt for travelbank credit, there was no meaningful way to verify for whom the fee was paid.

Under the new "virtual credit card" approach UA could do so. That said, it seems unlikely that they will do so or to audit the use.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by drewguy
Under the new "virtual credit card" approach UA could do so.
How so?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
I have a very weird situation with my Global Entry - I just got a new passport and was told by immigration I must bring it in to the office and have it scanned before I can use it..........sounds reasonable. However, I have not done that but the new passport works at the kiosk and has the last THREE times I have come thru (all in the last 6 weeks)..(It didnt work the first time I used it when I got it 8 weeks ago......I asked immigration how it is possible it works now since I have not submitted my new passport to the Global Entry office. They said the only possible way they can see is that UA submitted my new PP number for me. I certainly didnt do it myself & they say the passport office certainly does not do it for you.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
I have a very weird situation with my Global Entry - I just got a new passport and was told by immigration I must bring it in to the office and have it scanned before I can use it..........sounds reasonable. However, I have not done that but the new passport works at the kiosk and has the last THREE times I have come thru (all in the last 6 weeks)..(It didnt work the first time I used it when I got it 8 weeks ago......I asked immigration how it is possible it works now since I have not submitted my new passport to the Global Entry office. They said the only possible way they can see is that UA submitted my new PP number for me. I certainly didnt do it myself & they say the passport office certainly does not do it for you.
When you used the new passport the first time, the CBP officer behind the desk swiped your passport into the computer. This action likely updated your GE account. Check GOES to see which passport is listed.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC, Hyatt Discoverist , Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 14940674
When you used the new passport the first time, the CBP officer behind the desk swiped your passport into the computer. This action likely updated your GE account. Check GOES to see which passport is listed.
+1 ^

I had a similar situation. Shortly after getting GE I had to get a new passport. When I visited the CBP office all they did was verify I was the person in the picture, run it through the barcode scanner and put the sticker on the back. It literally took about five seconds. I would imagine going through an immigration line, and having an officer essentially do the same thing (minus the sticker), would update your account.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
How so?
By generating a unique "card" number that they record to whom it was assigned, and then determine for whose GE application that number was used as payment.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 1:14 am

By generating a unique "card" number that they record to whom it was assigned, and then determine for whose GE application that number was used as payment.
And how will they determine that?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by 14940674
Cant check my GOES account for some reason. I joined 4-5 years ago right when the system was started and the only time I ever signed in was to pay the fee and answer the first round of questions. Got my appointment and never went back to GOES since. Now when I try to log in it tells me my account is no longer active Makes no sense since my passport works but thats what it says.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
And how will they determine that?
By asking CBP.

"We provided a payment mechanism to you and want to verify that payment mechanism has not been used fraudulently. Please provide us with the name of the applicant for whom this payment was made."
Old Jul 29, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO_Flyer
I applied for Global Entry on June 11th and it still shows pending review. How long does it take to get processed?
My personal experience:

Applied: June 2
Conditional Approval: June 26
Interview: July 11 (first date that was available) @ LAX
Interview time: Less than 5 minutes
Approved: July 11

Hope that helps.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 1:41 pm

By asking CBP.

"We provided a payment mechanism to you and want to verify that payment mechanism has not been used fraudulently. Please provide us with the name of the applicant for whom this payment was made."
That would probably violate the Privacy Act or some equivalent.

(EDIT: Not to mention the fact that UA is not the card issuer, etc. etc.)
Old Aug 21, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
As a 1K Million Miler, is my 1K Premier Companion eligible for the GE fee refund?

thanks.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: American, Alaska, United & IHG
United Premier Global entry for someone else?

Hello. Sorry I don't have that many posts as I don't have as much flying experience as a lot of you. I am learning alot though!

My question, if anyone knows, is whether the code that a United Premier, 1K, etc. gets for Global Entry Reimbursement can be used for someone else or if it can only be used by the actual person who is United Premier, 1K, etc?

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I've spent hours reading through the threads and couldn't find an answer.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rvandeut
Hello. Sorry I don't have that many posts as I don't have as much flying experience as a lot of you. I am learning alot though!

My question, if anyone knows, is whether the code that a United Premier, 1K, etc. gets for Global Entry Reimbursement can be used for someone else or if it can only be used by the actual person who is United Premier, 1K, etc?

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I've spent hours reading through the threads and couldn't find an answer.
I have seen this done successfully.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by clublounger
As a 1K Million Miler, is my 1K Premier Companion eligible for the GE fee refund?

thanks.
My wife got hers as a matched plat, so I would assume yes. Of course it seems the rules and bennies are changing daily so I would just try it and see what happens

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.