Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2013, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (1MM), AS MVP
Originally Posted by SFO_Flyer
Its been at least 4 days since I submitted my request and still nothing. Has anyone encountered this lately? Who would I contact regarding this? I am currently a 1K through January 31st and then downgraded to Gold but I would like to receive this before the end of the month.
I am still waiting since 1/17. I sent a note to 1K voice today and miraculously got an answer that said "not sure why" but my request was not yet processed. I had asked whether I could just apply and get reimbursed but she didn't respond to that part.

I am heartened though by the reports of walk-ins at IAH.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 6:15 pm

Its been at least 4 days since I submitted my request and still nothing. Has anyone encountered this lately? Who would I contact regarding this? I am currently a 1K through January 31st and then downgraded to Gold but I would like to receive this before the end of the month.
i placed a call into the 1k helpdesk and after 30 minutes of them trying to figure out why, they gave me the premiere hotline and told me to call back today (mlk day). i'll call tomorrow, but no code and over one week now.

do you know if the sfo office accepts random walk-ins and if so, ca we still get a reimbursement _after_ applying and interviewing?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Global Entry refund - problems with signing up at UA.com

Anyone else able to retrieve a personalized code to signup for a refund of the Global entry fee (Plat/1K benefit)?

Every time I try at https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app.../default.aspx?

I get a:

Compensation for Global Entry application fee

We are experiencing technical difficulties and are temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again later.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

I've been trying every day for over a week.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:13 pm

I got it last month too and waited probably for a few days to get the code.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.2 MM
I was just trying the same thing and got the exact same error. We get the refund only after the application is processed, correct?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:32 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
They give you a one-time use credit card # now; you can use that to pay at time of application.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by exerda
They give you a one-time use credit card # now; you can use that to pay at time of application.
Is that right? So if I just used my own credit card I don't get the refund? That is just great.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:02 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by InterFlyer
Is that right? So if I just used my own credit card I don't get the refund? That is just great.
You can still get a future flight credit via united.com Club (aka Travel Bank). This is a manual process and you need to submit your Global Entry receipt -- contact the elite desk for processing info, since most switch over to the UA supplied code, this may take some effort.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:03 pm
Formerly known as mmihalik

I requested the credit for my wife and me last week. Approval granted today. the credit is in the form of a one-time use credit card, preloaded with the credit.

We each got an email directing us to the Unted site with the CC info, expiration date in July, and the 3 digit security code normally found on a credit card, so I assume the credit could be used for any internet order if you already paid via your own credit card.

We're both Platinum last year. I made it again for 2013, but wife did not.

Just starting the process now for Global Entry.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
You can still get a future flight credit via united.com Club (aka Travel Bank). This is a manual process and you need to submit your Global Entry receipt -- contact the elite desk for processing info, since most switch over to the UA supplied code, this may take some effort.
Ah, good to know, thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I've been waiting for over a week now... no code. Well, I guess I can always just pay for it on my own credit card and then try to get a $$ off coupon for UA or whatever the alternative route is. Just seems like a lot of hassle to go through all that.

The poster who claimed customer service couldn't help has discouraged me from calling. I'm curious has anyone had a long wait and managed to speed things up by calling?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Just spent 30 minutes with the MP 1K desk and the end result was to tell me that the code generator is messed up and that I should just pay and then submit my receipt to [email protected].

The big problem is that I didn't requalify so my status is up 1/31. What do you think the odds are that I'll get my credit?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, WN CP, Elevate Silver, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, National Exec
Originally Posted by Yuengling
Just spent 30 minutes with the MP 1K desk and the end result was to tell me that the code generator is messed up and that I should just pay and then submit my receipt to [email protected].

The big problem is that I didn't requalify so my status is up 1/31. What do you think the odds are that I'll get my credit?

I registered about a week ago and I still am unable to get my code. I didn't requalify either but would like to get the credit. My status is through 1/31/13 but unsure if they will reimburse me if I pay with my credit card.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 6:03 pm

I registered about a week ago and I still am unable to get my code. I didn't requalify either but would like to get the credit. My status is through 1/31/13 but unsure if they will reimburse me if I pay with my credit card.
well, here's my update as of today. after calling in to a few different departments, the web support department told me to email "[email protected]". i asked about reimbursement after the fact. i immediately received an auto response (the bottom explains that the travelbank credit will be issued):

*********************************AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED
RESPONSE*********************************

Thank you for your interest in the Global Entry(tm) compensation
benefit.

If you have not already completed an application for Global Entry

MileagePlus compensates 2012 Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier
Platinum members for the $100 Global Entry application fee, for new
applications. Eligible members will receive a $100 personalized,
stored-value credit card code, which can be used as payment during the
Global Entry application process.

You can find the complete details here
<http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...er/services.as
px#gecb>

If you have paid for your Global Entry application fee and not requested
a credit card code, and have provided the following information:

* The first and last name on your account

* Your MileagePlus number (eight-character, alphanumeric)

* A confirmation of your Global Entry application submission,
such as a payment summary screenshot, email confirmation, or approval
letter clearly displaying the date of your application

This email is to confirm receipt of your application information, which
we will now review. Once we have verified your eligibility, we will send
a follow-up e-mail about the status of your request. If you are eligible
for this benefit, we will add a $100 credit to your MileagePlus
account's TravelBank balance, which you can use to book travel on
united.com. Please allow 2-4 weeks for this process to complete.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 1:49 am

btw, i just checked my email and i've received my code the same day as my email request. so for those of you who haven't received your code yet, send an email to "[email protected]" with your credentials and request and hope for a fast turnaround!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.