Delta will have E+ systemwide before UA

Old Oct 20, 11, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

All planes by Summer 2012.

Meanwhile the CO legacy planes will take 2 years?

Help us out on this one.

DL just made the announcement this morning.
Old Oct 20, 11, 10:01 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA 1P, UA RCC, Hertz Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver, SPG Gold
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Delta-....html?x=0&.v=1

Yes, it appears E+ is no longer unique to UACO.
Old Oct 20, 11, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer View Post
All planes by Summer 2012.
Small correction: all 2-class Delta + Delta Connection planes.
Old Oct 20, 11, 10:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Hopefully this will accelerate the rollout to the PMCO aircraft.
Old Oct 20, 11, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
My first guess would be sheer number of seats to change.

DL says they are only doing the 1st 3-5 rows of the domestic fleet.

The CO fleet should be getting roughly 5-9 rows (if conversions are similar to the PMUA fleet).

Don't misunderstand me, I do wish the PMCO fleet would get the conversions faster.

Also, I am pleading ignorance on this: Are all DL Elites able to access complimantary Economy Comfort seats?

Originally Posted by longdrelation View Post
It never was.
Old Oct 20, 11, 10:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780 View Post
Also, I am pleading ignorance on this: Are all DL Elites able to access complimantary Economy Comfort seats?
Yes, though Silvers only get it free at check-in. If they buy in advance its 50% off.
Old Oct 20, 11, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
My first guess would be sheer number of seats to change.

DL says they are only doing the 1st 3-5 rows of the domestic fleet.

The CO fleet should be getting roughly 5-9 rows (if conversions are similar to the PMUA fleet).

Don't misunderstand me, I do wish the PMCO fleet would get the conversions faster.

Originally Posted by longdrelation View Post
It never was.
Yeah the fewer seats may be part of it.

I also suspect they went through the certification process before making the go/no go decision. Willing to risk a little expense upfront to prepare for an aggressive rollout and minimize disruption.

Meanwhile UA/CO may have tried to spare every penny and avoid certification until the decision was set in stone.
Old Oct 20, 11, 10:44 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Also, don't forget they will need to pull some PMCO planes out of service to resume DIRECTV installations, so I am sure that the fact that some planes will be out of service for a period of time has an impact on the E+ conversion rate.

DL promised that they would have AVOD in Y on some domestic birds like the MD90s, but they are flopping in that aspect. Even the first 744 that is currently undergoing mods with a new J cabin, but the Y AVOD installations have been delayed too. So, DL does have their own interior upgrade issues...
Old Oct 20, 11, 10:51 am

Programs: Newly minted AA EXP Plat., disatisfied UA 1K, Marriott Silver & Hilton Gold
I was settling down over all the UA screw ups and becoming content after they announced they would not "mess with" 1Ks in 2012. Some of that came down to UA having an exclusive on E+ and not enjoying anything less (as a 6'+ normal size person.)

If Delta succeeds in offering E+ I could easily switch my business to Delta. I suppose this will now depend on how UA treats 1Ks in 2012 and what their plans for 2013 are. I will say again, they have made a small come back in my mind. I was quite critical of them in July & August when I probably experienced 20+ delayed flights for "sutpid" reasons like not getting weight and balance info for an hour after pushing back and telling everyone on the plan the flight would still arrive on time... Seriously did the pilots have any training - I think I learned that calculation in the first few hours of my pilot training.
Old Oct 20, 11, 11:06 am

Programs: UA Plat 1MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I'm thrilled to see Delta offer this, mostly because I think it will really kick up the level of competition between the two carriers. Whereas before UA could say "well decision x may cause some people to leave but we're the only ones with E+," that's no longer the case now. Delta's decision will make it much easier for some people to switch carriers and that's gotta put pressure on UA.
Old Oct 20, 11, 11:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
Now, only the useless of Delta SWUs stands between them and really being able to steal 1Ks
Old Oct 20, 11, 11:14 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
And the skymiles website
Old Oct 20, 11, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dparkinson View Post
And the skymiles website
And SkyPesos
Old Oct 20, 11, 11:47 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat, HH gold
and ATL
Old Oct 20, 11, 12:06 pm

Programs: United 1K, SPG Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dcsnowwake View Post
and ATL
i'd gladly take ATL over IAD anyway. It's functional and efficient. Decent SkyClubs in each concourse, fast security, and no intersecting runways like ORD. I really don't get the folks who like to ATL-bash.

Search this Thread