Wiki Posts
Search

UA club one-time pass sale $19

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2011, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
UA club one-time pass sale $19

According to club agent, one-time passes are on sale this month for $19. Regular price is $50.

Forgot to ask her whether I can buy a few passes to use later in the year or they need to be used on the day of purchase.

Last edited by 1KHI; Oct 19, 2011 at 5:40 pm
Old Oct 19, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
I found this too at JFK after upgrade to C didn't clear and my day pass I purchased awhile ago expired I gladly paid the $19.00. I wonder if it's online too. It would be nice to have a few just in case.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zoegksf
I found this too at JFK after upgrade to C didn't clear and my day pass I purchased awhile ago expired I gladly paid the $19.00. I wonder if it's online too. It would be nice to have a few just in case.
online still showing $39...
Old Oct 19, 2011, 5:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Postings in other threads suggest this only good for walk-ins and until November 1.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 5:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
I walked in to the former PC at EWR and was told they were doing this as a slightly softer landing for Amex Plat cardholders no longer getting access.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
I overheard the agent at the SFO club last week its an October month special to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the merger
Old Oct 19, 2011, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
More brilliant marketing. Who's going to "walk in" when they think the cost is $50? Are there signs or anything?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyinbob
More brilliant marketing. Who's going to "walk in" when they think the cost is $50? Are there signs or anything?
No signs or anything. I asked HNL RCC and it's only walk-ins. Cannot buy multiple.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:06 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
With the recent enhancements, is United Club really worth the price of admission, even at $19 a pop? There is only so much "cheap" beer one can drink and so much prepackaged cheeses & carrots one can eat.

LAX
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
The day pass is still $19 more than it's worth.

(Speaking as a long time US Airways Club and Presidents Club member.)
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:04 am

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Is this for real? There must be more to this, as CO (sorry, UA) would never be so stupid as to give discounts only to those people who had already committed to purchasing their product/service. Maybe a lot of AMEX Plat card holders are showing up, and the $19 offer is designed to milk them for as much as possible.

Originally Posted by Joshua
The day pass is still $19 more than it's worth.
Since UA Club membership is/was free via the PPlus card , that's a pretty accurate statement. OTOH the newspapers, carrot sticks, shrink-wrapped dairy products, etc. are worth a few $0.01s.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:30 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by ralfp
Is this for real? There must be more to this, as CO (sorry, UA) would never be so stupid as to give discounts only to those people who had already committed to purchasing their product/service. Maybe a lot of AMEX Plat card holders are showing up, and the $19 offer is designed to milk them for as much as possible.

Since UA Club membership is/was free via the PPlus card , that's a pretty accurate statement. OTOH the newspapers, carrot sticks, shrink-wrapped dairy products, etc. are worth a few $0.01s.
Just getting away from the crowds and noise, and maybe having a comfortable seat next to an electrical outlet... that's worth something to the tired traveler. At least to this one.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Just getting away from the crowds and noise, and maybe having a comfortable seat next to an electrical outlet... that's worth something to the tired traveler. At least to this one.
Exactly. Internet, clean bathrooms, and a small snack/drink are well worth the $19.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 5:37 am

Programs: UA (lame duck)1K, US Plat,HHonors Diamond, PC Plat, SPG Plat, MR Platinum
Originally Posted by nyc1978
I walked in to the former PC at EWR and was told they were doing this as a slightly softer landing for Amex Plat cardholders no longer getting access.
I just noticed on a mailing I had kicking around from Amex Plat that they will reimburse the $50 for I think 3 visits (but I almost think maybe it was 5 - will have to dbl check when I get home) to any airport club. Says just charge it to amex and they'll credit the charge.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 7:23 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
I hope they DONT market this one well... Clubs are busy enough as it is... If they keep cheapening day passes those of use who have bought memberships will not continue to do so!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.