Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Certain Lufthansa Fares (LH) earning only 50% or no EQM/RDM?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Certain Lufthansa Fares (LH) earning only 50% or no EQM/RDM?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
I travelled with LH FRA-LGW in L class on April 22, connecting from Japan. According to the mileage earning tables at the time, this flight was eligible for credit, and I have a printout of the earning table from April 4 to show this. Whilst my first retrocredit request was ignored, my second one says that the flight is not eligible, and indeed it isn't according to the current earnings tables. Based on previous experience, I usually save pdf versions of the earnings tables both before and after travel, but I forgot on this occasion. Has anybody else got the evidence I need and is happy to share? Or did the change actually happen between April 4 and April 22?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM
P fare TATL

Does anyone have evidence showing that LH P fare does indeed earn PQM? According to this link, it is considered as full fare economy class fare and earn 150% PQM. But, it has been a month already and none of my miles has posted. I know that my MP number was entered when I made the reservation and I have since then filed a claim with MP already.

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=298
Old Jul 25, 2012, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Originally Posted by UALboy
Does anyone have evidence showing that LH P fare does indeed earn PQM? According to this link, it is considered as full fare economy class fare and earn 150% PQM. But, it has been a month already and none of my miles has posted. I know that my MP number was entered when I made the reservation and I have since then filed a claim with MP already.

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=298
How did you file the claim, on the internet or on the phone. Filing on the internet does nothing. Call them up and ask them to file for you. It took awhile for me, but now all my LH flights posted correctly and the last one I took a few weeks ago posted even sooner than the UA flight I took to connect to said LH flight!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Upcoming trip with UA with a connection on LH via FRA. First LH leg shows 1766 PQM on an H fare, second LH leg (return flight), shows 0 PQM on an H fare (same destinations). Is this a technical glitch or something else?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Marriott LTT
It seems like they should either get on board with them or get out of bed, not halfway.

I really did stop flying them over this as I said I would, save for reservations I already had. All my flights were late on both reservations, too. I did get to push the button to call the train at ATL, that was fun. And very late.

As I posted before, I do customer service and I do it well, they don't.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
No credit to Milage Plus from LH "P" fare

To my surprise, ignorance and outrage, took RT from JFK to FRA on LH in business with a "P" fare. Cost $2850. UA says now that LH gives no mileage plus credit on that discounted fare. WOW. Pissed. Rules are too complicated. But no miles for a 2800 dollar ticket. Give me a break. I've just got to keep my eyes on these rules.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 7:03 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
The mileage earning chart lists P fares as economy class, earning 125% of base miles (and 150% of PQMs).

If a UA agent told you that the fare earns no miles, try calling again.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Originally Posted by bcj1949
To my surprise, ignorance and outrage, took RT from JFK to FRA on LH in business with a "P" fare. Cost $2850. UA says now that LH gives no mileage plus credit on that discounted fare. WOW. Pissed. Rules are too complicated. But no miles for a 2800 dollar ticket. Give me a break. I've just got to keep my eyes on these rules.
Ya the P fares are sneaky little buggers, half the time I look one up it ends up as being only $250 or so cheaper than a Z fare.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM
Originally Posted by bcj1949
I think I posted this elsewhere too. Anyways, I am fighting to have my LH P fare flights credited also. I was informed by an agent from MP saying that there are experiencing some "alliance problem" at the moment and one should receive miles for flying a P fare with LH (just like what snic suggests).

I have just emailed MP today to see whether they would help me, although I am not really having high hopes about this.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:57 am

OK..I am confused (shocker when dealing with United nowadays). Do you get PQMs when flying LH across the pond on a T or L fare? The earning mileage chart for LH flights says 100% both RDM & PQM for Discount Economy T, L fares (not the within Europe only). However, when I do a search for flights, any LH flight says 0% PQM. Which is it???
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by airlinemileswhore
OK..I am confused (shocker when dealing with United nowadays). Do you get PQMs when flying LH across the pond on a T or L fare? The earning mileage chart for LH flights says 100% both RDM & PQM for Discount Economy T, L fares (not the within Europe only). However, when I do a search for flights, any LH flight says 0% PQM. Which is it???
What's written in the charts is right and not when you search flights.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by fivesixseven
Thank you very much...
Old Aug 17, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by fivesixseven
With one tiny caveat. Presumably you're searching on united.com for codeshares with LH. When you book a codeshare with an airline in a certain fare class, the fare class for the operating carrier isn't necessarily the same - and it's the operating carrier that decides how many miles you get.

In airlinemileswhore's case it doesn't really matter because all TATL fares on LH earn UA miles (except of course for award tickets). However, it's something to keep in mind in cases where the operating carrier has some fare classes that don't earn miles, or earn fewer miles than the same fare class on the booking carrier. For instance, it's conceivable that you could book an S fare on UA that includes an intra-europe segment on LH - but that the LH booking code will be T, and therefore you don't get miles for that segment.

The irritiating thing is that there is absolutely no way to know this before booking - but you can find out by calling the operating carrier just after you buy the ticket (or look at the online reservation on the operating carrier's website; sometimes it will show the booking code).
Old Sep 21, 2012, 7:19 pm
app

Business class on Lufthansa = get double miles on United?

Hi, a loyal MP member here.
Just booked a business trip on Business Class (discounted; fare class Z) from Lufthansa. When booking, Lufthansa promises 200% mileage since it's booked business class.

Since I'll be earning in Mileage Plus, and not MilesAndMore, will I still get 2x as many miles?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 7:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by app
Hi, a loyal MP member here.
Just booked a business trip on Business Class (discounted; fare class Z) from Lufthansa. When booking, Lufthansa promises 200% mileage since it's booked business class.

Since I'll be earning in Mileage Plus, and not MilesAndMore, will I still get 2x as many miles?
No. As you're using your MP number you will earn as per UA rules. You will get 150% PQM. Never look at the operating carrier's mileage program unless you intend you use it on that journey.

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Sep 21, 2012 at 8:02 pm Reason: corrected to 150% PQM from 1.5

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.